O'Shea believes Bombers better than their record

Fatty Liver

If you don't want to defend your opinion then don't. Nothing says you have to respond when someone disagrees with you. But if you are going to post a strong opinion, people are going to respond in kind. That's the way it is and the way it should be. I think people should be mature enough to deal with it when someone says their opinion is bullshit. Either tell us why its not bullshit or leave it and go on with your day. Bullying? Come on. No one is forcing you to be here.

Not sure what's wrong with Iso's posts… The guy has much football experience and knowledge, and is informed about the team and the league.

That is, he's someone who's opinion means something to me.

Who cares how he phrases things? ( I for one, don't see any problem with his comments, he's generally much less insulting than the people that don't agree with him) 

As for the people that don't agree with him, haven't seen many, or any of them mention their experience and knowledge, so I have nothing to say about it. 

Another blunt poster whose comments seem to be accurate based on team outcomes, and transactions is Juranboldenrules.

He is all of those things, but he is also this season very emotional which leads to irrational arguments that he just keeps hammering away on even if other people show him to be in the wrong, at which point he takes it as a personal slight. I respect his opinion, but when he starts in the old man yelling at clouds act I just roll my eyes. 

I saw one of your posts today or yesterday where you called out another member & used ***** & ***** twice in a sentence calling them out. If that isn't yelling & showing disrespect then I don't know what it is. You know that I also respect your opinion but please don't point fingers at me & say I yell & scream like an old man at members when you do it here as well. Long time members know you have a temper as well.

Hey I didn't say you did it at members, you're ranting and raving about the team a lot though and then take thing personally when people argue with you. 

You're damned right I use colourful adjectives to describe opinions I don't like, but that's a far cry from what's going on here. I wouldn't really say I have a temper so much as I have an argumentative streak a mile wide and don't give a **** if people get offended. 

You get a forum full of people with that attitude and within a month the forum is done and done. Why would one feel he has to offend people he does not agree with. People don't do that with those they work with or play with or those you live with so why feel it is an entitlement when you deal with people who just want to express an opinion on a subject of common interest. This thread is an example of what a forum should never be. 

Instead we should just let morons keep posting stupid crap? No that's a forum I never want to see. If I think someone has a stupid opinion I'm going to tell them so and ask them to back it up. Just the way it's going to go. I'm not interested in a forum that is unfiltered ranting. People want to do that then they should start a blog. Once people get over this idea that everyones ideas are valid the better off a forum will be. 

Opinion Defined: "a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty". 

I think people should be cautious when weighting the credibility of an opinion because by definition it has been accepted as defective for lack of verifiable facts. Further, most of what is posted here are opinions.  

I think (opinion)  you are beating yourself up into a wreck in the role of truth police. And if people can only post facts this will become a very boring forum because we can't always get the source of the facts.

If everyone's opinion got the same scrutiny than Iso's does there'd be a hell of a lot more people angry. This talk of being an adult and just dealing with it because it's an internet forum would make a lot more sense if there wasn't such a double standard.

Bingo. I've been saying this for a while now.  Interesting that other members are starting to catch on...

If everyone's opinion got the same scrutiny than Iso's does there'd be a hell of a lot more people angry. This talk of being an adult and just dealing with it because it's an internet forum would make a lot more sense if there wasn't such a double standard. 

I don't believe it's a double standard at all, truthfully.

Iso has very strong opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. But those strong opinions are far more likely to generate strong responses.

I hate to pull somebody else into this but I'll give you a guy like TBURGESS as an example. He's another very strongly opinionated person who generates a lot of heated debate, arguments and strong responses. But he is also willing to engage in those heated debates and respond back to those strong responses without getting upset. TB and I have had plenty of heated debates over the years due to difference in strong opinions, but I have a ton of respect for the fact that he's always willing to discuss things without getting emotional about it.

There are TONS of strongly opinionated folks around this forum. Tons of ongoing heated debates about a number of discussion points. Tons of people being asked to explain their thoughts or rationale behind what they've said. Tons of opinions that are scrutinized and questioned on a daily basis. There are only a handful of people who seem to get upset about it.

And I suppose you see yourself as the "valid idea" judge? You've got some serious issues man.

No I see myself as an opinionated person who is more than willing to defend my opinions. People are always free and quite frankly I encourage them to argue my opinions. You don't like your opinions being called stupid them prove me wrong. 

Iso has very strong opinions. There is nothing wrong with that. But those strong opinions are far more likely to generate strong responses.

I hate to pull somebody else into this but I'll give you a guy like TBURGESS as an example. He's another very strongly opinionated person who generates a lot of heated debate, arguments and strong responses. But he is also willing to engage in those heated debates and respond back to those strong responses without getting upset. TB and I have had plenty of heated debates over the years due to difference in strong opinions, but I have a ton of respect for the fact that he's always willing to discuss things without getting emotional about it.

There are TONS of strongly opinionated folks around this forum. Tons of ongoing heated debates about a number of discussion points. Tons of people being asked to explain their thoughts or rationale behind what they've said. Tons of opinions that are scrutinized and questioned on a daily basis. There are only a handful of people who seem to get upset about it.

Absolutely true. However it's been my observation, and maybe I'm wrong on this, that Iso's opinion routinely gets far more scrutiny than many people's; often it seems like no degree of explanation is enough and that's not fair.

Absolutely true. However it's been my observation, and maybe I'm wrong on this, that Iso's opinion routinely gets far more scrutiny than many people's; often it seems like no degree of explanation is enough and that's not fair.

Of course you see it more, Iso is the most active poster on the site. More posts means more opportunity for criticism.

Not sure what's wrong with Iso's posts… The guy has much football experience and knowledge, and is informed about the team and the league.

Who cares how he phrases things? ( I for one, don't see any problem with his comments, he's generally much less insulting than the people that don't agree with him)

As for the people that don't agree with him, haven't seen many, or any of them mention their experience and knowledge, so I have nothing to say about it.

Another blunt poster whose comments seem to be accurate based on team outcomes, and transactions is Juranboldenrules.

He is all of those things, but he is also this season very emotional which leads to irrational arguments that he just keeps hammering away on even if other people show him to be in the wrong, at which point he takes it as a personal slight. I respect his opinion, but when he starts in the old man yelling at clouds act I just roll my eyes.
I saw one of your posts today or yesterday where you called out another member & used ***** & ***** twice in a sentence calling them out. If that isn't yelling & showing disrespect then I don't know what it is. You know that I also respect your opinion but please don't point fingers at me & say I yell & scream like an old man at members when you do it here as well. Long time members know you have a temper as well.
Hey I didn't say you did it at members, you're ranting and raving about the team a lot though and then take thing personally when people argue with you.

You're damned right I use colourful adjectives to describe opinions I don't like, but that's a far cry from what's going on here. I wouldn't really say I have a temper so much as I have an argumentative streak a mile wide and don't give a **** if people get offended.

You get a forum full of people with that attitude and within a month the forum is done and done. Why would one feel he has to offend people he does not agree with. People don't do that with those they work with or play with or those you live with so why feel it is an entitlement when you deal with people who just want to express an opinion on a subject of common interest. This thread is an example of what a forum should never be.
Instead we should just let morons keep posting stupid crap? No that's a forum I never want to see. If I think someone has a stupid opinion I'm going to tell them so and ask them to back it up. Just the way it's going to go. I'm not interested in a forum that is unfiltered ranting. People want to do that then they should start a blog. Once people get over this idea that everyones ideas are valid the better off a forum will be.
And I suppose you see yourself as the "valid idea" judge? You've got some serious issues man.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. -- George Bernard Shaw

My commonly used method... if you read something that really irks you... don't respond right away... come back to it in an hour... 

I write the offenders name down in my little black book, wait two years then go for their jugular when they least suspect vengeance.

Haha, not exactly what I was going for... but I'm sure that method is effective none the less!

I saw one of your posts today or yesterday where you called out another member & used ***** & ***** twice in a sentence calling them out. If that isn't yelling & showing disrespect then I don't know what it is. You know that I also respect your opinion but please don't point fingers at me & say I yell & scream like an old man at members when you do it here as well. Long time members know you have a temper as well.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. -- George Bernard Shaw

in other words "I can't defend myself so I won't try and just whine about being bullied

in other words "I can't defend myself so I won't try and just whine about being bullied
Another option is some members here could behave in a civil and respectful manner.