O'Shea believes Bombers better than their record

Fatty Liver

Well Bombers have looked decent in their wins, not world beaters but OK.  In 6 of their 8 loses they have looked like the worst team in the league.  Discounting the Willy injury I say they are as good as their record.   if he says they are better than their record, that implies more talent than has been displayed, which falls to coaching as one of the culprits.

I'd say with Drew Willy we are 6-6 at worst so he's not wrong. Not sure why some of you expect him to say they are worse than their record, I mean who the heck says that..

Starting RB INJURED... Starting QB injured... yeah, the team is better than their current record. Theres no doubt about it.. They aren't like 10-4 or 9-5 better but they are at least .500 if Willy was still healthy, probably better. 

Don't think some of you really realize how important Drew Willy is to this team, he's what makes the O work... he's the guy, he's done for now tho so yeah, we aren't gonna be as good without him. Cotton is a loss but losing your starting QB, man that's the end of your season really. 

Look at Sask, Montreal for that matter, BC now... 

every team outside of Edmonton who has lost their starting QB to injury THIS SEASON, so that doesn't include the argos, isn't good. 

Look what happens to Hamilton in the coming weeks, when you lose your best player and your teams MOP... yeah, you aren't gonna be as good. 

I'd say with Drew Willy we are 6-6 at worst so he's not wrong. Not sure why some of you expect him to say they are worse than their record, I mean who the heck says that..

Starting RB INJURED... Starting QB injured... yeah, the team is better than their current record. Theres no doubt about it.. They aren't like 10-4 or 9-5 better but they are at least .500 if Willy was still healthy, probably better. 

Well, he could have just said the standard (and correct) "we are what our record is". Don't BS knowledgeable football fans in this town with comments about how better we should be.... not when we're getting blown out of games. 

I'm not sure the other point holds water, either. How many other teams have significant injuries - better yet, who hasn't had big injuries, like us? 

I could be way off, but I don't think it's the record that bothers most. It's the overall lack of consistent effort, game planning and response to adversity. 

Theres a section of knowledgeable fans for sure, but then theres a whole lot of morons too. 

The people who post on the message boards, we are the minority... It's pretty simple to see too. 

Go check out twitter and some of the posts by fans of the team, they aren't that knowledgeable at all, some want LAPO  to be the new GM of the team, some are still blaming the release of clint Kent as the reason we aren't good... It's not just 1 or 2 people either, it's lots, lots, more than the amount of people who post on these sites thats for sure.

You look at these sites and the same ones who post here, post on the other site and vice versa, it's the same group, but... man, there are way more morons than there are knowledgeable fans in this city, that goes for the Jets too. 

The people on these message boards are the minority... big time. 

Hell read some posts and topics on this site and you will see the same thing really..

Nope if ANYTHING they're worse then their record indicates.Worst  point differential in the league.

I was just thinking along those lines.  If we're not careful here, we could set a new record for worse point differential in cfl history...lol...or was that the 2005 bombers??..or 197 er other yr of Reinbold...

The wording that O'Shea uses does include the fact he knows where the team stands.

"I would say we're better, in my mind, but  that kind of talk is probably cheap. We're 4-8, so that's where we're at.

Doesn't really matter what I feel, we need to be better than that".

Anyone remember that year when we lost something like 8 games by four points or less? THAT year, we were arguably "better" than our record (and even so, as others have pointed out, your record doesn't really lie as an indicator of how good you are as a team). But this year? We've lost tons of games by tons of points. Really a silly thing for O'Shea to say.

As for injuries -- that's part of being a good team; having the necessary depth and skill to overcome injuries. Every team has injuries. Even with Willy, I don't know that we can say we'd be that much better. 

Good teams dont get beaten by the breaks of the game. If you arent good enough to out play luck, or the refs forget about out playing the other team. This team has the potential to be a play off team, But they dont have any of the execution or discipline to do so. Or the Oline. Some times a team is better or worse then their record. But with our play calling, commitment to brohm, Oline play, execution and discipline, we are our record. With out willy, we could easily be at 1 win.

Bombers are better than their record

Riders are better than their record

1967 Bombers were better than their record

Whatever......meaningless cant....

1967? Jeez, c'mon. That '68 team with its 3-13 record was the best team ever. As Blue Bomber Head Coach at the time Joe Zaleski used to say."We're optimistic."