Bombers now with MOS like Jets with Noel ...

IC Khari

Yup. O'Shea and Bellefeuille have been thoroughly discredited and we need experience- Trestman or Higgins, and I'm not sure if Trestman will be available any time soon.

I doubt Trestman ever comes back to the CFL... the main reason he came here was to pad his resume with HC credentials to get an NFL HC gig... unfortunately that gig didn't go so well so his best chance at getting another shot is probably as an NFL OC...  

Yup. O'Shea and Bellefeuille have been thoroughly discredited and we need experience- Trestman or Higgins, and I'm not sure if Trestman will be available any time soon.

I doubt Trestman ever comes back to the CFL... the main reason he came here was to pad his resume with HC credentials to get an NFL HC gig... unfortunately that gig didn't go so well so his best chance at getting another shot is probably as an NFL OC...

I would say it is definitely his best shot... Being the current Offensive Coordinator in Baltimore and all.

Noel was a very experienced coach who had a little bit of NHL HC'ing experience and plenty of pro hockey coaching experience.  He was just the wrong coach at the wrong time for the wrong team.  I can see why TN hired him.  His forte was teaching young hockey players but the Jets needed a different kind of development than the Moose did.  Live and learn.  Kane still had his best season under Noel.  Burmi is a good example of Noel not being able to get the most out of a young player when that was supposed to be his strength.  I bet Maurice gets a lot more out of him.

Noel also had the habit of switching up his lines at the first sign of trouble.  He didnt seem to have answers.  Im not sure if he was intimidated by the big star, big contract, big money NHL players but he seemed to lack the "make them f'n cry in the room" aspect that Maurice has.

So I wouldnt compare the two scenarios at all.  MOS was an inexperienced coach who they thought would bring a young, fresh mind...be a players coach who could motivate his guys to be the very best.  I suspect that MOS would be a good coach if everything was going well.  But adversity?  He doesnt have the answers and, I guess if you want to compare to Noel, he doesnt seem able to go in the LR and make his players f'n cry and hold them accountable.

Trestman is the OC for the Baltimore Ravens. I would think he makes around 500K but I could be way off.  It would be in the Bombers best interest to match that salary and give him GM duties. I think he is a great coach although he did have AC driving the truck during his time in Montreal unless they can somehow get Hufnagle to venture over here?? if those guys could not turn the team around then I would ask the CFL to treat the Blue like an expansion team and allow them to participate in a dispersal draft.  this gong show is now taking on the same stench as the Kelly/Mack and Burke/Mack era's.

Any thoughts on whether the Blue should look at bringing back Taman??

There is a good parallel between the Thrashers/Jets when they arrived and the Bombers of 2013-2014. Both teams had not been doing well with under-performing players and some deadwood. The Jets chose to go with a relatively inexperienced but well-meaning and personable coach as did the Bombers in hiring O'Shea. Both choices, in retrospect were mistakes. Both teams needed experienced coaches who had demonstrated success. The Jets eventually resolved their problems, and now the Bombers are faced with difficult and painful decisions, and although it will be harmful to the team, the Bombers will stand pat. The end of the season will see another housecleaning, with O'Shea and possibly even Walters gone. Walters will probably jump before he is pushed and may have already negotiated a deal with the Bombers to leave with his dignity intact to join the U of Guelph.

The Bombers need an experienced GM and head coach and there seems to be no one on the horizon who fits that description better than Higgins. Tillman may be available as GM, and I have real mixed feelings at that possibility, but I am so sick and tired of losing and losing badly that I am willing to consider Tillman or even Taman. Ick.

I don't think he's lost the room. Only people in the room would know that and despite what a few people say on here... the team didn't quit yesterday. They just weren't very good. There's a difference between quitting on the coach and just not executing. Yesterday the O really struggled. That's not quitting. It's just not being very good. Dropped balls and over throws is not quitting on the coach and I really don't get what people were watching yesterday if they think otherwise. The O sucked. Didn't execute. That's not on the coaches it's on the players. The talent just isn't there at the moment.

Trestman is the OC for the Baltimore Ravens. I would think he makes around 500K but I could be way off.  It would be in the Bombers best interest to match that salary and give him GM duties. I think he is a great coach although he did have AC driving the truck during his time in Montreal unless they can somehow get Hufnagle to venture over here?? if those guys could not turn the team around then I would ask the CFL to treat the Blue like an expansion team and allow them to participate in a dispersal draft.  this gong show is now taking on the same stench as the Kelly/Mack and Burke/Mack era's.

yes, I know that, thanks... that's why I'm saying he won't be back in the CFL... why would he leave a better paying gig with higher chance at getting an NFL HC shot?

yes, I know that, thanks... that's why I'm saying he won't be back in the CFL... why would he leave a better paying gig with higher chance at getting an NFL HC shot?

I misread your coment sorry. I think he is damaged goods as an NFL head coach thanks to having to deal with Ciutler and if you give him full control coach and G.M. it may be a big enough carrot to get him back in the CFL. I know it is a pipe dream but the Bombers needto do something to give the fans hope.

I don't think he's lost the room. Only people in the room would know that and despite what a few people say on here... the team didn't quit yesterday. They just weren't very good. There's a difference between quitting on the coach and just not executing. Yesterday the O really struggled. That's not quitting. It's just not being very good. Dropped balls and over throws is not quitting on the coach and I really don't get what people were watching yesterday if they think otherwise. The O sucked. Didn't execute. That's not on the coaches it's on the players. The talent just isn't there at the moment.

And further to that, the special teams didn't quit, they just sucked. It's been a problem all year, when your guys can't get down the field and keep the holes closed it doesn't really matter what the coach is saying. For all the praise Walters gets he's really failed in gathering depth on this team. Injuries to any position and we're totally ******. Do we even have an american who we can consider an ace on special teams? At least Unamba could run down field and cover kicks. We always had guys like Suber in the past as well who got down field quickly and disrupted things. 

And further to that, the special teams didn't quit, they just sucked. It's been a problem all year, when your guys can't get down the field and keep the holes closed it doesn't really matter what the coach is saying. For all the praise Walters gets he's really failed in gathering depth on this team. Injuries to any position and we're totally ******. Do we even have an american who we can consider an ace on special teams? At least Unamba could run down field and cover kicks. We always had guys like Suber in the past as well who got down field quickly and disrupted things.

I agree with your response 17to85, however, you would think the coach would command enough, hmm, respect(? Not the right word but it's all I could think of right now) that they would be able to effect change on the squad. RH had a pretty undisciplined lot but he turned that around. I think MOS just isn't intimidating enough or whatever, because he sure isn't able to affect much change on the players.

I agree with your response 17to85, however, you would think the coach would command enough, hmm, respect(? Not the right word but it's all I could think of right now) that they would be able to effect change on the squad. RH had a pretty undisciplined lot but he turned that around. I think MOS just isn't intimidating enough or whatever, because he sure isn't able to affect much change on the players.

Coaches can't make players faster, all they can do is replace players if they don't perform, but we've all seen how the backups on this team play so replacing someone with a worse player, how does that improve the team? Until you have a roster that can compete it doesn't really matter who the coach is. 

I think O'Shea would be a great coach for a veteran team, like Pinball was in TO. But I don't think he's the right coach for this Bomber team. This team needs a task master who can get the best out the talent we have. It's like that in every sport, if you're not as talented as your opponent, you can still limit your mistakes and take advantage of theirs, we have failed in that regard.

I think O'Shea would be a great coach for a veteran team, like Pinball was in TO. But I don't think he's the right coach for this Bomber team. This team needs a task master who can get the best out the talent we have. It's like that in every sport, if you're not as talented as your opponent, you can still limit your mistakes and take advantage of theirs, we have failed in that regard.

What if he is getting the best out of the talent we have? 

What if he is getting the best out of the talent we have? 

Clarence Denmark would disagree.