Nichols is the man.

Fatty Liver

Just don't lose the games, and he'll be alright. ST under MOS was solid for the most part tonight. D continues to dominate. If the O can do just enough to give the D a rest, we might just be okay.

Just don't lose the games, and he'll be alright. ST under MOS was solid for the most part tonight. D continues to dominate. If the O can do just enough to give the D a rest, we might just be okay.

I believe the direct snap to Briggs on the punt fake was an O'Shea twist that we wouldn't have seen previously under.....whatever his name was.

**** Tracey 

Lirim was sub-par...
Has been all season, and that's on him...

Its gotta be a mental thing. He HAS the ability. He can accurately punt..

So odd. Almost sernaesque with the consistency issues.

I believe the direct snap to Briggs on the punt fake was an O'Shea twist that we wouldn't have seen previously under.....whatever his name was.

**** Tracey 

.....no, it wasn't **** Tracey but it was something like that...

WTF!  You can't mention a guys name as in "**** Nixon" but you can use WTF???

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

So Nicholls on 10 days can throw balls 20 hard down the field and check down to walker and Marshall.

Brohm in 2 years is limited to 5 yard curls... I don't get this team.

nichols was 5-2 as a startr this year - now 6-2, thats why brohm n marve on a short leash not so much our new guy. Gotta be excited to see how much better he gets with more familiarity with the players. Alot of drives stalled early by miscommunications

That's pretty much it.  Nichols did enough in the first half to lose this game if we're playing anyone but Brett Smith, who can't pass the ball to save his life.

Nice to have a QB who has a clue in the passing game again.

Yep, first punt fake we've run in a long time.  :huh:

Special teams coach would put the fakes into the gameplan based on the other teams tendencies, but that call always comes from the head coach.

I think alot has to do also with the fact nichols isnt a raw rookie backup, the guy was edmontons projected starter prior to injury n them winning the reilly sweepstakes from bc. Is he a world beater... no, but he doesnt need a dumbed down playbook and is game ready. Im rewatching 2nd half, so nice to see competence. Im stoked for next game and dear football god, please let those uniforms be a permanent fixture

So Nicholls on 10 days can throw balls 20 hard down the field and check down to walker and Marshall.

Brings back the never ending question, is it Brohm or Marcel?

Can't it be both?

Brings back the never ending question, is it Brohm or Marcel?

Can't it be both?

Sure, and we will know for sure once they're both sent on their way.  I think a number of posters had it right last week when they said Sask. did not respect Brohm's ability to find a receiver more than 5 yards down field and they took advantage of that.  Everybody knows that Brohm has a decent arm but unfortunately he has zero confidence in his abilities.

Likewise everybody knows that Nichols is going to throw the occasional interception but he has the confidence to keep throwing the ball downfield and does not get easily discouraged much like Joey Elliot.  In doing so he exposed Sask, D for what they really are,  the very worst in the league.

I think alot has to do also with the fact nichols isnt a raw rookie backup, the guy was edmontons projected starter prior to injury n them winning the reilly sweepstakes from bc. Is he a world beater... no, but he doesnt need a dumbed down playbook and is game ready. Im rewatching 2nd half, so nice to see competence. Im stoked for next game and dear football god, please let those uniforms be a permanent fixture

Exactly. Hes a known commodity AND known to be effective. He earns his respect by making passes and plays with his legs..

Marve and brohm get no respect and rightly so. nichols is simply superior to both of them. So glad we stole him from EDM.

Nichols had just about more passing yards this game than brohm and Marve combined the last 2 games. He might have had more too. 400 total yards for the O. After the slow first half... Nichols lit it up really. Not sure I get the posts giving Nichols a tough time or Longo for that matter. Takes time to get adjusted and once they did... Much better

I think we're just so used to how bad MB is, that when his O becomes even slightly effective, we start thinking it's a masterpiece.

Nichols took a while to warm up, but once he got familiar with the receivers he was able to light it up a bit in the second half.  SO happy he is here.

Nicholls is a decent backup but not an ideal long-term solution as a starter.  Too many miscues and mistakes.  Moves the ball but is also prone to an inordinate number of INTs and fumbles.  Solid performance tonight despite the mistakes.  I will be fine with bringing him back next season as long as the Bomber braintrust brings in some legit competition for the backup role.

I think we're just so used to how bad MB is, that when his O becomes even slightly effective, we start thinking it's a masterpiece.

Nichols took a while to warm up, but once he got familiar with the receivers he was able to light it up a bit in the second half. SO happy he is here.

k nobody is calling it a masterpiece.. or that it should save his job even...

what we are saying is that with a legit QB it is functional and capable of producing points and yards.. couple with a stingy defense and error free ST..

2 outta 3 aint bad.

It's been a long, long wait but I think Nichols is the reliable backup QB the Bombers have been waiting for.  His game was far from perfect but he showed enough intelligence and understanding of the system in one short week than any other QB has shown in many years.

I called this win after last game. I knew Nicols would give the team the lift they needed. He made plays in the second half that were 'Willy-esque' and his enthusiasim was contagious. However, it was only one game and against a SASK team that finds ways to lose. The good news is he came to play in the second half and  will only get more comfortable with the system and is able t oexecute Bell-fails game plan. The bad news is that without a monster effort from the 'd' and the Riders failing to take advanatge of all but one turnover this game is over in the first half.

Nichols took a while to warm up, but once he got familiar with the receivers he was able to light it up a bit in the second half. SO happy he is here.

k nobody is calling it a masterpiece.. or that it should save his job even...

what we are saying is that with a legit QB it is functional and capable of producing points and yards.. couple with a stingy defense and error free ST..

2 outta 3 aint bad.

That's taking it too far, Lirim and Stoudermire are becoming the "usual suspects" in regard to ST errors.  Stoudermire looked better on his returns tonight but he fumbled the ball on hits at least twice.

nichols was 5-2 as a startr this year - now 6-2, thats why brohm n marve on a short leash not so much our new guy. Gotta be excited to see how much better he gets with more familiarity with the players. Alot of drives stalled early by miscommunications

Just goes to show how bad Brohm is & how he should be sent packing for good.