Bombers Blown Out by 0 & 9 Team ... Oh well, yawn

BigBlue

My hope is that they are reviewing Walters performance and immediately fire him after the season is over, hell do it in the last couple weeks of the season if we're eliminated from the playoffs.  Our import depth is pathetic, the amount of money we're spending on useless players is worse.  I'm embarrassed that the team representing my city has Pat Neufeld on the field, let alone playing right tackle.  Greaves and Picard too.  We can't even find import OL, forget the NI's.  If you're a CFL GM and you can't find imports, you're in way over your head.  We played a receiver who looked like he doesn't understand coverages at all for several games, Jhomo.  This isn't a learning league, especially for imports.  Get some guys who can play.  Same problem with non-imports, we can't keep passing up football players for guys who we hope will turn into football players.  We can't draft guys in the first half of the draft to simply chase kicks. 

I'd like to see all of Walters, Goveia and McManus fired ASAP.  I'm not sure there is anyone to really replace them with in-season, so it will probably have to happen at the end of the season.

The Riders had 2 TD's called back on their own penalties or this thing was over before the Bombers even got the wind back.

Oh, so penalties...that help a team succeed...shouldn't be taken into consideration? So like if the Riders didn't get caught cheating, it would have been OK?

Hilarious argument there.

I think the penalties on defence were frustration penalties. The defence played well enough to win but the offence let them down and I truly believe that the defence was taking out their frustrations by way of bad penalties.

Yeah the D was frustrated because they got no help. Bellefool called a game like he was afraid. Wasn't until things were out of hand he let Brohm even try a throw longer than 3yards. Guy might be a poor qb but when you coach like he's a poor qb you just make it easier to defend and suck the life out of your own team

The Riders had 2 TD's called back on their own penalties or this thing was over before the Bombers even got the wind back.

Oh, so penalties...that help a team succeed...shouldn't be taken into consideration? So like if the Riders didn't get caught cheating, it would have been OK?

Hilarious argument there.

Uh no, despite having two TD's called back on penalties, they still kicked our ass.

I think the penalties on defence were frustration penalties. The defence played well enough to win but the offence let them down and I truly believe that the defence was taking out their frustrations by way of bad penalties.

Yeah the D was frustrated because they got no help. Bellefool called a game like he was afraid. Wasn't until things were out of hand he let Brohm even try a throw longer than 3yards. Guy might be a poor qb but when you coach like he's a poor qb you just make it easier to defend and suck the life out of your own team

MB gave Brohm no chance to win this game. The one pass to Moore that Brohm zinged over the middle showed that we have plays like that in the book, but you're right, he called a don't-step-on-the-booby-trap-type game, which was getting us nowhere.

Fraidy-cat Bellefeuille called nothing over 10-15 yards. Pathetic, really.

I've been a die-hard Bomber fan for over 20 years now. I think I'm done. The saddest part is I'm not angry, or raging about it. I'm not throwing things around, I'm not a cranky mess after a loss like I had been before. I've just, well, given up. There was a time not too long ago when my week would revolve around game day. The last three games, as soon as the Bombers came up against any adversity I'd just check out and do something else. Not because I'm angry. It's because I've just stopped caring. I stuck by this team, through thick and thin, and I hate it, but I think I've reached the breaking point. I didn't want it to end. This team gave me two decades of memories. I have a jogo card signed by Gerald Wilcox. When we'd play football at the park and kids were Joe Montana and Jerry Rice I was Rick House and Rod Hill. I have an adidas Milt Stegall jersey. I joined Ourbombers in 2000. I got a computer for university, got the u of m internet access, and the first thing I looked for was a place to talk Bombers. The first thing my son had was a Blue Bomber onesie. He had a t-shirt that said "I'm a Bomber fan because my daddy said so!". I want so very badly to still love this team. To say 'we' and 'us' like the passionate irrational Bomber fan that I used to be. To be one of the old dudes on the west side going to games with my grandkids one day. But it just isn't there anymore.

I was 10 when the Bombers last won the cup. I'm a father now. I've done my time. Friends of mine who were fans when we were kids who checked out a long time ago, I was giving them the "stick with your team" speech too. I want to love this team still. I really do. But I don't have the energy, the patience, or the temperament to keep gutting it out. The worst part is, above all of that, I no longer have the will. It has just been beaten out of me.

To the die-hard Blue and Gold who's strength to endure is stronger than mine: God speed, and see you at the Moose game.

Bpmber management needs to listen to this post VERY carefully. There are MANY MANY people who feel similarly. When long term, passsionate supporters have been driven to this level of apathy, the Bombers risk far more than one or two seasons of disappointment. They risk the generational bond that is the lifeblood of the season ticket base and future Bombers support.  This situation has now reached critical mass. Without an immediate (not in 2 or 3 years) improvement in the on field product and game experience, I predict that there will be a precipitous drop in ticket purchases and overall support. That will translate to empty seats and indifference.

After 54 years of season tickets, I am considering NOT going to next Saturday's game and NOT giving away my 3 tickets. My 3 empty seats in the 8th row on the 50 will stand in visible, mute testimony to my unwillingness to sit through any more of the abuse. If more people did the same, perhaps the message will finally get through.

I would encourage you to give it the year. If you look at the first half of the game we were giving them all they could handle. Considering we were playing in Regina and were using a QB who has not impressed it was most likely not our day to win. 

Having said that O'Shea has to find a way of stopping his team from literary giving the game away with very costly penalties. We run a punt back past the 40 only to have to start at the 10. This problem has been killing us going on two years now. 

Our defence was the best part of our game, but come on... 161 yards rushing against, 355 total yards, 37:45 time of possession for the Riders.  Those are horrible stats for our defence especially against a team starting their 3rd string QB, who'd never won a CFL game. Got tired? Good defences stop the other team and get off the field. Ours didn't.

Our defence was the best part of our game, but come on... 161 yards rushing against, 355 total yards, 37:45 time of possession for the Riders.  Those are horrible stats for our defence especially against a team starting their 3rd string QB, who'd never won a CFL game. Got tired? Good defences stop the other team and get off the field. Ours didn't.

The Riders had the ball for 2/3 of the game and only managed two offensive TD's, with the first one coming at the end of the 3rd quarter.  The defense did their job.  They did get off the field.

Can't fault the defence. If you have ever worked in a place where you are busting your bottom and a colleague or colleagues were humping the pooch, you would have an ides how angry and frustrated the defence is right now, and its gonna get worse unless BIG changes happen.

The Riders had the ball for 2/3 of the game and only managed two offensive TD's, with the first one coming at the end of the 3rd quarter.  The defense did their job.  They did get off the field.

If you wanna play the what if game:

What if special teams hadn't given up a TD and extended a Rider drive by penalty that lead to another

What if the Bomber defense scored a TD instead of taking penalties that extended Rider drives leading to another TD

If you really want to break it down, the Bomber special teams and defense hurt them more than their futile offense did.

What if special teams hadn't given up a TD and extended a Rider drive by penalty that lead to another

What if the Bomber defense scored a TD instead of taking penalties that extended Rider drives leading to another TD

If you really want to break it down, the Bomber special teams and defense hurt them more than their futile offense did.

If you are drowning with three feet of water over your head, does it really matter which foot of water drowns you? The offense has stunk for the second season now and the defense has been shored up, but the infected teeth remain.

I'm not playing the "what if game."  The defense was on the field for 2/3 of the game and gave up 2 TD's well into the second half.  Those are facts.  I guess you could expect them to score too, but they did their job.  The benchmark for defenses is 20 points.  Even being on the field for 37 minutes the defense gave up 23.

I'm not playing the "what if game."  The defense was on the field for 2/3 of the game and gave up 2 TD's well into the second half.  Those are facts.  I guess you could expect them to score too, but they did their job.  The benchmark for defenses is 20 points.  Even being on the field for 37 minutes the defense gave up 23.

They were on the field because they couldn't get off, penalties extending drives leading to points, not forcing turnovers, but that's okay because they were within the benchmark? Seems like something O'Shea would say.

They were on the field because they couldn't get off, penalties extending drives leading to points, not forcing turnovers, but that's okay because they were within the benchmark? Seems like something O'Shea would say.

They got off the field for the first 43 minutes of the game.  The offense only scored when they got the ball at the Riders 20.  The offense racked up half of their first downs in the last minute of the first half and on the TD drive when the game was over.  That's why the defense was out so long.  They'd get 2 plays off and be back on the field.  I'm not sure what is so hard to understand.  Turnovers are awesome and the Bombers defense hasn't been slack in producing them through this season.  The way the game is now the defense is playing to not give up TD's.  They did that.  You can't win if you're offense can't score them, and you really can't win when you're offense can't even stay on the field for more than 2 plays.

They got off the field for the first 43 minutes of the game.  The offense only scored when they got the ball at the Riders 20.  The offense racked up half of their first downs in the last minute of the first half and on the TD drive when the game was over.  That's why the defense was out so long.  They'd get 2 plays off and be back on the field.  I'm not sure what is so hard to understand.  Turnovers are awesome and the Bombers defense hasn't been slack in producing them through this season.  The way the game is now the defense is playing to not give up TD's.  They did that.  You can't win if you're offense can't score them, and you really can't win when you're offense can't even stay on the field for more than 2 plays.

After the 8 minute mark of the 1st quarter, 0 two and outs for the Riders, nothing but 6 - 8 - 10 play drives given up by the defence, yup you can't win when your defence can't get off the field.

After the 8 minute mark of the 1st quarter, 0 two and outs for the Riders, nothing but 6 - 8 - 10 play drives given up by the defence, yup you can't win when your defence can't get off the field.

You actually blame the defense for this loss? That they didn't play well enough?? Too many sustained drives by the Riders?  Hey now, it's game balls to MB, Brian Brohm & Pat Tracey for that gem of a game plan & execution. 

I blamed all 3 phases for the loss, not just the offense.

The defense played as well as it could considering. I won't dump on them because without them it would have been 55-19 or worse. The offense was 2 & out all game with a panicked qb who played scared throughout & a game plan that was useless. Throw in a ST unit that was dreadful. As well as some of the calls that went the Riders way... Defense did fine. Tt was the one shining ray of light coming out of the game yesterday. 

I blamed all 3 phases for the loss, not just the offense.

The defense played as well as it could considering. I won't dump on them because without them it would have been 55-19 or worse. The offense was 2 & out all game with a panicked qb who played scared throughout & a game plan that was useless. Throw in a ST unit that was dreadful. As well as some of the calls that went the Riders way... Defense did fine. Tt was the one shining ray of light coming out of the game yesterday.

And I disagree about the defense and showed you how the Riders moved the ball without resistance against them from the middle of the first quarter on.

The defence and special teams are bad, the offence is just so epically bad that it is the obvious choice for everyone.

Add a pure rush end to complement Westerman, a middle linebacker because we really need one, a big stout tackle to stop the run, and a shut down corner to take out the other teams best receiver for next year and this will have the best D in the league. They are so much improved from the beginning of the year and Hall is starting to get a little more aggressive in the schemes . Just a few more pieces.