Bombers Blown Out by 0 & 9 Team ... Oh well, yawn

BigBlue

Pretty much. The 9 month old baby lady Is way more fun than watching the bombers O suck week after week. I'm done until MB I'd fired cuz really as long as he's our OC, our o will continue to suck. Lost in all this is the D who have played well enough to win 3 games but ultimately fold cuz tge O don't move the ball.

You have a wonder unfolding right in front of you, so quickly that this precious time will speed by you before you know it. Between watching this miracle and huffing and puffing about sports, there is no contest. Enjoy her all you can.

Pretty much. The 9 month old baby lady Is way more fun than watching the bombers O suck week after week. I'm done until MB I'd fired cuz really as long as he's our OC, our o will continue to suck. Lost in all this is the D who have played well enough to win 3 games but ultimately fold cuz tge O don't move the ball.

The D is not 'folding' they are getting scorched in second half's because the opposition is making adjustments (when they aren't taking stupid undisciplined penalties). These are deeper rooted problems than just running out of gas.

The D is not 'folding' they are getting scorched in second half's because the opposition is making adjustments (when they aren't taking stupid undisciplined penalties). These are deeper rooted problems than just running out of gas.

It has to be disheartening to a proud player who is giving his all on defence and who knows the game is winnable if only the fourletterwording offense could play even half-decent. I don't wonder at the frustration penalties.

When your offence is constantly going 2 and out it takes a toll on the defense as the game wears on the defense more than the offence. That extra push gets diminished, legs get tried of chasing when your on the field for so long, you need that offence to take 5- 6 minutes off the game clock.

yup. no other reason for messem to get going like he did other then our defense simply burning out. he was prettt contained up til what.. mid third?

It has to be disheartening to a proud player who is giving his all on defence and who knows the game is winnable if only the fourletterwording offense could play even half-decent. I don't wonder at the frustration penalties.

The offense gave them a 10 nothing lead to run with.

The defence put the offence in position to score 7 of those points. The offence showed ZERO sign they were capable of sustaining any sort of drive from the second quarter on.

The TD was a gift, but after that, the O went MIA and abandoned the team.

The defence put the offence in position to score 7 of those points. The offence showed ZERO sign they were capable of sustaining any sort of drive from the second quarter on.

it was like gandalf the green was standing at midfield yelling "thou shall not pass!!!"

so dysfunctionnl.

It wasn't our defence putting the offence in a good spot. It was a huge error by the Riders offence that gave our offence a very short field.

They only had a few first downs and that was on the scoring drive.

It wasn't our defence putting the offence in a good spot. It was a huge error by the Riders offence that gave our offence a very short field.
It was an error on SSKs part true .. without the recovery .. it's a punt and change in field position (albeit marginally with the wind) and again, you're relying on an inept offence to move the ball.

The defence got pressure early in this game .. they WERE doing their part.

It was an error on SSKs part true .. without the recovery .. it's a punt and change in field position (albeit marginally with the wind) and again, you're relying on an inept offence to move the ball.

The defence got pressure early in this game .. they WERE doing their part.

The defence simply fell on a ball that Messam tried to fall on and missed. That wasn't a great defensive play. It was a horrible offensive play by the Riders.

The defence did it's part in the first half and fell apart in the second half. Much like it's done in many games this year. No... it's not because they get tired. It's because the other teams make adjustments and we don't.

Again without the recovery .. those points don't get scored .. a play is a play and mistakes happen because that unit was generating constant pressure those first 15 minutes. It was a case of trying to slow the Bomber rush down with a bit of misdirection. It wasn't run well .. but they don't go to their bag of tricks if the Bomber defence isn't executing.

I've been a die-hard Bomber fan for over 20 years now. I think I'm done. The saddest part is I'm not angry, or raging about it. I'm not throwing things around, I'm not a cranky mess after a loss like I had been before. I've just, well, given up. There was a time not too long ago when my week would revolve around game day. The last three games, as soon as the Bombers came up against any adversity I'd just check out and do something else. Not because I'm angry. It's because I've just stopped caring. I stuck by this team, through thick and thin, and I hate it, but I think I've reached the breaking point. I didn't want it to end. This team gave me two decades of memories. I have a jogo card signed by Gerald Wilcox. When we'd play football at the park and kids were Joe Montana and Jerry Rice I was Rick House and Rod Hill. I have an adidas Milt Stegall jersey. I joined Ourbombers in 2000. I got a computer for university, got the u of m internet access, and the first thing I looked for was a place to talk Bombers. The first thing my son had was a Blue Bomber onesie. He had a t-shirt that said "I'm a Bomber fan because my daddy said so!". I want so very badly to still love this team. To say 'we' and 'us' like the passionate irrational Bomber fan that I used to be. To be one of the old dudes on the west side going to games with my grandkids one day. But it just isn't there anymore.

I was 10 when the Bombers last won the cup. I'm a father now. I've done my time. Friends of mine who were fans when we were kids who checked out a long time ago, I was giving them the "stick with your team" speech too. I want to love this team still. I really do. But I don't have the energy, the patience, or the temperament to keep gutting it out. The worst part is, above all of that, I no longer have the will. It has just been beaten out of me.

To the die-hard Blue and Gold who's strength to endure is stronger than mine: God speed, and see you at the Moose game.

Bpmber management needs to listen to this post VERY carefully. There are MANY MANY people who feel similarly. When long term, passsionate supporters have been driven to this level of apathy, the Bombers risk far more than one or two seasons of disappointment. They risk the generational bond that is the lifeblood of the season ticket base and future Bombers support.  This situation has now reached critical mass. Without an immediate (not in 2 or 3 years) improvement in the on field product and game experience, I predict that there will be a precipitous drop in ticket purchases and overall support. That will translate to empty seats and indifference.

After 54 years of season tickets, I am considering NOT going to next Saturday's game and NOT giving away my 3 tickets. My 3 empty seats in the 8th row on the 50 will stand in visible, mute testimony to my unwillingness to sit through any more of the abuse. If more people did the same, perhaps the message will finally get through.

When your offence is constantly going 2 and out it takes a toll on the defense as the game wears on the defense more than the offence. That extra push gets diminished, legs get tried of chasing when your on the field for so long, you need that offence to take 5- 6 minutes off the game clock.

yup. no other reason for messem to get going like he did other then our defense simply burning out. he was prettt contained up til what.. mid third?

Pretty much, its tough to tackle with tired legs especially a load like that.

Pretty much, its tough to tackle with tired legs especially a load like that.

Oh boo fricking hoo, Anderson even said after the game they weren't tired, it was a cool, perfect afternoon for football. If these guys are mailing it in at half time there's a problem, they're mentally whipped not physically and that's even worse.

It's pretty sad when people want to leave their seats empty, but truthfully ... I am one of them. I won't be attending another game until MB is fired. I'll watch at home but it's not worth the trip at all.

MAYBE if Muamba comes back, I'll be in the crowd to show him the love he deserves.

There was nothing more for the defence to have done. They need the offence to DO something. You cannot keep making plays on defence when nothing is happening on the other side of the ball.

The defence didn't make any plays, they are just as culpable as the offense and special teams for the loss.

It's pretty sad when people want to leave their seats empty, but truthfully ... I am one of them. I won't be attending another game until MB is fired. I'll watch at home but it's not worth the trip at all.

MAYBE if Muamba comes back, I'll be in the crowd to show him the love he deserves.

Its sad when you dont even want to watch it on pvr!

There was nothing more for the defence to have done. They need the offence to DO something. You cannot keep making plays on defence when nothing is happening on the other side of the ball.

The defence didn't make any plays, they are just as culpable as the offense and special teams for the loss.

The defence made enough plays to give the offence a fighting chance. Problem is...there was no offence to give the defence a fighting chance.

Who forced the 1st turnover? The defence.

Who held the Sask offence to 2 FGs in the 1st half? Guess.

Did the defence not stop the Riders to kick in the 3rd quarter, only to have the STs give the ball back?

Did the defence fumble on the 22 yard line and give the Riders an easy TD?

Did the defence call an absolutely terrible pass completion to an out-of-bounds rider at the 1 yard line?

The defence was guilty of a penalty-aided drive that resulted in a TD...that was started by the contacting the kicker penalty.

I don't blame the defence one iota for that ****-show...just the play calling.

The defence made enough plays to give the offence a fighting chance. Problem is...there was no offence to give the defence a fighting chance.

Who forced the 1st turnover? The defence.

Who held the Sask offence to 2 FGs in the 1st half? Guess.

Did the defence not stop the Riders to kick in the 3rd quarter, only to have the STs give the ball back?

Did the defence fumble on the 22 yard line and give the Riders an easy TD?

Did the defence call an absolutely terrible pass completion to an out-of-bounds rider at the 1 yard line?

The defence was guilty of a penalty-aided drive that resulted in a TD...that was started by the contacting the kicker penalty.

I don't blame the defence one iota for that ****-show...just the play calling.

The Riders had 2 TD's called back on their own penalties or this thing was over before the Bombers even got the wind back.