Henoc Muamba Released by Colts!

gbill2004

Bombers sign Muamba to a 3 year, $675 000 contract.

Bombers convince Duron Carter to sign a 3-year, $600,000 contract once all members of morningbigblue offer to be his "fall guy."

I nominate GBill to be his fall guy. :)
I'm in!

Great!!  Come pick up your Fall Guy truck, it's all part of the persona....

fall-guy-truck.jpg

I'll go 3 years 750,000. aka 250,000 a year plus he can have those recycle everywhere promos and a whole bunch of other stuff, Market him and Westerman as the face of the Defense really... Maybe bring back Wild too, think he'd be the easier signing cuz I think he'd probably only want to play here anyway. 

I honestly think $250,000 is too much even for Muamba.  I would think that even the highest paid defensive player in the league isn't making much more than $200,000.  Should he be paid more than Elliminiam?  Yes he's good and yes he's Cdn but I just cant see paying him more than $215,000 - $225,000.   

I'll go 3 years 750,000. aka 250,000 a year plus he can have those recycle everywhere promos and a whole bunch of other stuff, Market him and Westerman as the face of the Defense really... Maybe bring back Wild too, think he'd be the easier signing cuz I think he'd probably only want to play here anyway. 

Bluto always said that if Henoc came back he'd play in Toronto.  I guess we'll see.

I think Henoc should have to sign with us since we released him so he could try the NFL. Otherwise I think teams should stop releasing players to try the NFL.

Doesn't work like that in the CFL - even if he had an 'option' year left - he burned it when he was in Indy. This is why I keep berating the CFL draft here. Normally, in a draft, you draft the BPA or at worst the BPA for a position you have very little depth in. The CFL is the only pro NA draft I know of that you don't do that as if the player is 'too good' you won't get him.

If it wasn't for university rules - I'd like to see the draft completely abolished and just go to two territorial picks and the rest are UFA's that can be 'purchased' - maybe a similar system to the Soccer system- knowing you couldn't do that though until the players uni career was over.

What the hell are you talking about? Muamba played his entire three year contract here and left as a FA. In what league do you keep a guys right after his contract expires?

worth considering

...trade Picard to the Lions who is starting an import center for a 1st round draft pick or a package of starter/pick.

...then offer a boatload of cash to make Muamba the highest paid LB in the league

Picard has negative value.  His Madden rating would be like 65, and he's paid about 3x more than he's worth.   I don't think the Lions are that desperate for a NI centre and if they were we'd have to take back their version of him, a crappy overpaid veteran who is paid for the rest of the season.

Aren't the lions using an american center? Cuz rumors are they were going to go hard after Jones if he was let go. You could probably make a deal with the Lions around Picard but i don't think you get a  1st back. 

There's a big difference between Picard and Jones for many reasons, age and ability the most obvious.

worth considering

...trade Picard to the Lions who is starting an import center for a 1st round draft pick or a package of starter/pick.

...then offer a boatload of cash to make Muamba the highest paid LB in the league

We would have to get Wally really, really really drunk for that one. I would volunteer to buy the booze.

If you want Henoc here you gonna have to over pay, believe he'll want to play in the east and if dollars are the same that's where he goes. Also i would not pay him anywhere close to 250,000 that's just way to much for a lb.

Keep in mind that a centre who can't block nor snap consistently anymore is getting $200,000 all in.

If you want Henoc here you gonna have to over pay, believe he'll want to play in the east and if dollars are the same that's where he goes. Also i would not pay him anywhere close to 250,000 that's just way to much for a lb.

Keep in mind that a centre who can't block nor snap consistently anymore is getting $200,000 all in.

And that's one of the reason's we couldn't get Shawn Lemon and might prohibit us from bidding on future free agents this year. The bombers are probably tapped out with some of the summer free agent contracts they gave out. They didn't need Picard or Hurl that's an easy 300k that they could use now to help either side of the ball. 

And that's one of the reason's we couldn't get Shawn Lemon

Well, we don't know the reason Lemon didn't sign with us, now do we? By the way, the money we saved by not getting Lemon, is on the table now..

and might prohibit us from bidding on future free agents this year. The bombers are probably tapped out with some of the summer free agent contracts they gave out. They didn't need Picard or Hurl that's an easy 300k that they could use now to help either side of the ball.

They would saved some monies by not paying Picard and Hurl's salary, but they still would have to pay 2 starters at those positions in any event, so the savings would be less, and at least one of them would have to be an NI, so there's that.

And...

Penton, who even knows more than CapGeek, says the Bombers have lots of cap space remaining, and are pursuing Muamba.

And that's one of the reason's we couldn't get Shawn Lemon

Well, we don't know the reason Lemon didn't sign with us, now do we? By the way, the money we saved by not getting Lemon, is on the table now..

and might prohibit us from bidding on future free agents this year. The bombers are probably tapped out with some of the summer free agent contracts they gave out. They didn't need Picard or Hurl that's an easy 300k that they could use now to help either side of the ball.

They would saved some monies by not paying Picard and Hurl's salary, but they still would have to pay 2 starters at those positions in any event, so the savings would be less, and at least one of them would have to be an NI, so there's that.

And...

Penton, who even knows more than CapGeek, says the Bombers have lots of cap space remaining, and are pursuing Muamba.

Already had players on the roster to put in those position. Goosen at centre and Newman at outside linebacker. I wonder what excuse the bombers willl give if they don't sign any guys coming back up north. There's lots of time left this season and they should if possible be trying to improve this team on both sides of the ball. 

Already had players on the roster to put in those position. Goosen at centre and Newman at outside linebacker.

I see, we just play with 2 less players overall...leave those positions blank.

Well, there is a certain logic to that. The "il" logic.

Goosen and Newman don't make anywhere near starters money so you can find a couple of backups no problem not everyone in the CFL makes big coin. Money that was not spent wisely in the off season.