Marve on 6 game IR

Mr. Perfect

Maybe his knees really are gone...  whole thing seems weird.

I was thinking that too. Maybe I need to remove my tin foil hat, but I don't recall Marve hobbling around terribly before he was pulled last week (granted, Joey Elliott finished a game on a torn ACL for us), and there seemed to be no reason to believe up until just now that this was going to be a long term issue. He was well documented knee issues of course, but yeah, I was thinking something seems "off" here...Pure speculation on my part of course.

We stitched Pierce together and then Willy to keep playing games...  Then Marve is 'nicked up' and gets 6-gamed.  

I just can't think up a slow developing leg injury unless he injured his hamstring in the first game (when he cramped) but 6-game for hamstring seems strange too.  We know its not his ACL...

Just went on the Blue Bomber website 5 minutes ago & Marve's not listed on the 6 game IR. Still on the active roster. I think he's done as a Bomber. Next year there'll be changes if not at the HC position meaning the entire staff is gone. Or if MOS stays changes (hopefully) will be made at the OC & qb coach positions meaning Marve & Brohm will be toast. Either way other guys will be brought in.

Just went on the Blue Bomber website 5 minutes ago & Marve's not listed on the 6 game IR. Still on the active roster. I think he's done as a Bomber. Next year there'll be changes if not at the HC position meaning the entire staff is gone. Or if MOS stays changes (hopefully) will be made at the OC & qb coach positions meaning Marve & Brohm will be toast. Either way other guys will be brought in.

Don't be so harsh ;) (jk)

I hope you're right. This has been, for so long, the bombers Achilles heel (no pun intended on the Marve injury). Not since we had Clements/Hufnagel has this team had two bonafide QB's on their roster. We got lucky with Nichols though I'm not so sure he's going to be in that category either. I just know what I saw from him early in his career before his leg injuries hit was really impressive. It could be the fact the injuries + Reilly = an "I don't give a crap" attitude from him this year. I know he isn't well liked in the dressing room here either, at least that's the rumour going around (when Franklin came into games prior to the game he started last week everyone's game on the offense seemed to go up a gear - and that's not me saying it that's everyone around here including the talking heads on the radio). 

I hope that Marve's issue's against Calgary were injury related. And though I was rather harsh on Brohm in another thread, that bum better have a worse shoulder than Khari did with the way consistently throws balls in the dirt and has been all year. I can't believe he's employed as a pro football player. If he is hurt and he's trying to play through it, I get it. If he's healthy - there really is no excuse for him collecting a paycheck playing pro ball. 

Either way - unless Brohm is playing well Sunday, no way no how I do not see a scenario where Nichols doesn't come in to the game at some point. I just hope we can keep him healthy.........

We stitched Pierce together and then Willy to keep playing games...  Then Marve is 'nicked up' and gets 6-gamed.  

I just can't think up a slow developing leg injury unless he injured his hamstring in the first game (when he cramped) but 6-game for hamstring seems strange too.  We know its not his ACL...

When my son played for the Rifles a few years ago he pulled his hamstring, and missed 3 games ( and they had a bye week ). But really, his hamstring wasn't the same until well into the off-season. A serious hamstring could easily be 6 weeks.

I'm not sure how many of you watched Anthony Calvillo's early CFL career.  But he was brutal for a few years and I was surprised that he stayed employed in the league during that time.  And then all of a sudden the light went off and he was the future Hall of Famer.   

My point is that if AC played for the WBB's.  We'd be having the same discussion and many would say he sucks and should be cut.   I'm not comparing Marve to AC but I think some of you might be jumping the gun and dumping on him before he's had a chance to prove himself either way. 

Leg injury is so generic. Could be many things... tsn went on about hamstring issues. Could be knee. Foot. Ankle. Who knows. Who really knows. Leg is just... it could be so many things with how they word this stuff.

It should have been specified as a lower body injury. That would have done it.

:)  

Maybe his knees really are gone...  whole thing seems weird.

I was thinking that too. Maybe I need to remove my tin foil hat, but I don't recall Marve hobbling around terribly before he was pulled last week (granted, Joey Elliott finished a game on a torn ACL for us), and there seemed to be no reason to believe up until just now that this was going to be a long term issue. He was well documented knee issues of course, but yeah, I was thinking something seems "off" here...Pure speculation on my part of course.

I get that same gut feeling when MOS was talking about it.  It just seemed like he was BSing for some reason.  I'm not saying he is so everyone just calm down, I'm just saying it feels like it.  I feel as if they don't want him to play for whatever reason so they're making stuff up.

Again, just a gut feeling.  I could and probably am totally off base.  It's just how he answers questions about it.  Makes me feel like something is off.

Marve. Leg injury. Who'da thunk? It might explain why Marve's throws were so errant- hard to throw when you can't plant your feet

Except for the fact his throws have always been errant, as evidenced by his low completion percentage whenever he's seen game action.

60% completion percentage is fairly good for a rookie QB I would say my only complaint is not enough deep balls and when they did Marve's missed all of the longer throws his short throws where on the money ( except for the INTs )