Blue Jays

nate007

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

not a fan of buck or tabby at all. That said i hate watching my teams play when announced by none home broadcasters. 

this is how I feel exactly...I like how a home broadcaster knows the players, but our broadcast crew is just so awful. Universally known as the worst in all the majors...hell, our radio crew is better than our TV crew.

22 minutes ago, Noeller said:

this is how I feel exactly...I like how a home broadcaster knows the players, but our broadcast crew is just so awful. Universally known as the worst in all the majors...hell, our radio crew is better than our TV crew.

Wow I've been watching Buck for years and never knew he was so bad.  Thanks for enlightening me.  My dad watches every inning of every Jays game and now I have to break this news to him, he's going to be so disappointed  in himself for liking Buck and Tabbie when he should have been hating them.  This is really going to be hard to do, but it must be done.

I still remember that game last year against KC where Sanchez hit the KC batter and got thrown out.  Buck went nuts.  I loved it.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

The guy accused of throwing the can is denying it.  He says he was drinking beer out of cups not cans and some of the footage supports that claim (doesn't mean that he couldn't have done it though). 

beer.png?w=350&h=583

I've seen the cups vs cans argument a few times now and it doesn't really make any sense to me.  He could easily have had a cup of beer and a can.  Seems like the weakest possible defence.

I saw that video and to me it's not conclusive that it was him.  It really looks like it but it also looks like it may have come from someone in front of him.  And what's more, is that even the same beer that landed on the turf... we don't see that part.  This beer may have also been thrown but landed short of the wall.  We can't tell from the video.  I hope the police have access to better footage.

21 hours ago, Noeller said:

yeah exactly. weve also been spoiled with some amazing sportscasters too.

5 hours ago, Atomic said:

I saw that video and to me it's not conclusive that it was him.  It really looks like it but it also looks like it may have come from someone in front of him.  And what's more, is that even the same beer that landed on the turf... we don't see that part.  This beer may have also been thrown but landed short of the wall.  We can't tell from the video.  I hope the police have access to better footage.

The video shows that the person who threw it had a dark blue sweater on. It can look a little deceiving because the thrower had a Blue Jays shirt under the sweater that was the same colour as the guy in front of him but that guy has his hands down when the beer can was thrown.

The guy has been charged and can argue you it in court.

I think the biggest question is whether the Toronto Sun will give out their $1,000 reward for identifying the guy. 

8 hours ago, Jacquie said:

The video shows that the person who threw it had a dark blue sweater on. It can look a little deceiving because the thrower had a Blue Jays shirt under the sweater that was the same colour as the guy in front of him but that guy has his hands down when the beer can was thrown.

The guy has been charged and can argue you it in court.

I think the biggest question is whether the Toronto Sun will give out their $1,000 reward for identifying the guy. 

Yeah, I mean it definitely looks like it was him but that video is not 100% conclusive.

As far as the reward goes, who would they give the reward to?  It's not clear that there was any one person who ID'd him.