Blue Jays

nate007

Key here was Stroman looked solid in the start. No true "Ace" on staff, so it'll be interesting to see what kind of production they can get out of this 5. If the bats are as hot as last year, they should be able to out slug everyone, as long as the arms can keep it under 5 or 6...

I'd had high hopes for AS going into last season, and really thought he was going to be a breakout star, but he had a rough spring, didn't earn a starting spot, and then saw limited duty out of the 'pen. I'm glad he earned his way back into the rotation this year. He's young yet...has time to get seasoned.

3 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

He was a starter out of spring training he was really good as a reliever last year.

In limited time, sure.....I'd really hoped for a starting rotation role for him last year and post some solid numbers doing so. Again, he's young, so the middle-reliever spot was good for him to grow, I think. Hopefully he shows well this year!

What happened was Marco Estrada got hot and they did not want to put him back in the rotation after he came back from the oblique strain plus needed help in the bullpen. I have had him on my fantasy team all the way through the minors he was always going to be starter. The bullpen was out of of pure need. 

pitch counts are really good stats to follow, especially on a per inning basis with the pitchers.  but what was sanchez at 90-95 range for pitches after 7 complete.  110+ is pushing it for a starter,  but the year is so early, and he's still throwing heat, there's no reason to not give him the 8th (maybe even 9th if he shut down the 8th like he had been doing) especially with Osuna unavailable tonight and a noon game tomorrow

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 1:55 PM, Noeller said:

Raps and Leafs are pretty much able to do what they want, but until last year at the deadline, the Jays never had much of a budget. I'm not sure what the logic is, but Rogers doesn't see fit to pump money into the Jays organization, which is a real shame for the fans.

What. A. Shame. ;)

Wonder whats up with tulo, it was either the tb series or one of their last spring games but goins had an issue with tulo not backing off a called pop up. And bumped into him here. Didnt he get hurt colliding with a fielder on a pop up? Calling a ball n backing off is as basic baseball as it gets, right up there with using 2 hands to catch