Blue Jays

nate007

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Yankees fan....yeah, that's real original......maybe the worst, most detested-with-good-reason, franchise in all of pro sports. Poaching for decades...

They have changed there game plan the last few years and have some of the best prospects in baseball after shedding some more salary this off season they just need to as you say "poach" a couple in the coming years, maybe even a certain Silver Slugging Blue Jay ^_^

blue jays sign DH kendrys morales to a 3 year 33m deal. Had around an OPS of 800 last year with 30 homers. almost 850 the previous year with 21 homers. Big bat, stays pretty healthy, not getting younger but a good replacement bat. 

The fact we brought him in and hes a DH only probably means we only keep 1 of bautista/EE. And probably EE, whose still a good 1st basemen when joey bats really needs to go to DH to extend what time he has left. 

22 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

blue jays sign DH kendrys morales to a 3 year 33m deal. Had around an OPS of 800 last year with 30 homers. almost 850 the previous year with 21 homers. Big bat, stays pretty healthy, not getting younger but a good replacement bat. 

The fact we brought him in and hes a DH only probably means we only keep 1 of bautista/EE. And probably EE, whose still a good 1st basemen when joey bats really needs to go to DH to extend what time he has left. 

Don't think Bautista is going to come back anyways EE will come back if they give me want he wants, looks like a preemptive strike in case he leaves. Good signing over all IMO.

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Don't think Bautista is going to come back anyways EE will come back if they give me want he wants, looks like a preemptive strike in case he leaves. Good signing over all IMO.

Pretty much. Tbh id rather cut bautista loose then give him a ton of cash. Its just too much risk. It would be great to have a real lead off hitter, then donaldson, then EE and morales hitting 4th. 

Blue jays also reportedly signed  Lourdes Gurriel Jr. The 6th ranked international prospect cuban 2b. He has the tool set to play In field or out field but 2b is where hes played his pro ball in cuba. Hes 23, and supposed to start at AA as a 2b men.They gave him a 7 year 22m dollar deal. He swung the bat well in his last 2 years. His last year OPSing at an over 900 clip.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Noeller said:

Clearly didn't want to be back...whatever. 

That's not what I've read happened. They turned the Jays down originally b/c they thought they could get more. The Jays moved on and spent that money elsewhere. By the time EE & and his agent realized they couldn't get more, the Jays money was gone and he had to go elsewhere.

At least that's what Steve Phillips & Bruce Arthur are saying. Most of what I've read was that he wanted to be back. Seems like his agent misread the market and the Jays mgmt moved on too quickly.

18 minutes ago, sweep the leg said:

That's not what I've read happened. They turned the Jays down originally b/c they thought they could get more. The Jays moved on and spent that money elsewhere. By the time EE & and his agent realized they couldn't get more, the Jays money was gone and he had to go elsewhere.

At least that's what Steve Phillips & Bruce Arthur are saying. Most of what I've read was that he wanted to be back. Seems like his agent misread the market and the Jays mgmt moved on too quickly.

Yeah, both sides made mistakes. Jays moved to quickly and might have overpaid for Morales, given the market. And EE misread the market and might have left money on the table.