Blue Jays

nate007

4 hours ago, bustamente said:

Some of the players under contract are getting a bump in salary next year, Donaldson, Estrada, Happ, Martin and Upton are all getting pay raise , Martin is going to be making 20m, and Upton16.5m that's absolutely crazy numbers for those 2. Good luck but it could be a while before the Jays get back to the ALCS let alone World series.  

Id be surprised if upton is here next year. 

I think they'll make every attempt to sign EE, but it's going to come down to whether he actually wants to be in Toronto...Bautista is good as gone. Saunders might stay, on account of it's Canada (tho, he's from BC, so maybe he wants to be out west??) 

On 10/20/2016 at 9:53 AM, Noeller said:

I think they'll make every attempt to sign EE, but it's going to come down to whether he actually wants to be in Toronto...Bautista is good as gone. Saunders might stay, on account of it's Canada (tho, he's from BC, so maybe he wants to be out west??) 

News says both EE and bautista are being tendered by the jays. I hope they keep saunders. Im a little surprised they are tendering bautista. I think thatll be the most money he gets. 

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

I am really surprised they didn't let JB walk.....but it'll be most interesting to see if EE decides to spurn the offer and just head to Boston or NY for a supposed better shot at winning.

Yeah. I could see EE going to FA and taking the best offer. If you wanna jump teams for a legit chance at winning it all you dont stay in the ALE. Too many strong teams. One cold streak and you go from a pennant to the wild card game or contending for a pennant to golfing come play offs. 

EE and JB have given a ton to the franchise. If joey bats gets a stupid amount of money to go finish his career else where im not gonna be sad to see him go. If hes back im going to be holding my breath we dont have too much tied up in him being healthy and productive this coming year. EE it would hurt to see walk for a better chance to win. Seeing him in the ale would be awful. Got a ton of love for both these guys though and if they get more money then we are willing to offer then good for em. 

JB is a big time declining asset. His D gets worse and worse every year, and in spite of his home runs, his average continues to dip. And seems to be injured more often, as well. If we do keep him around, I sure hope it's not a lot of money. IMO, he's not worth it anymore...and it'd be a waste of cash we COULD be putting into someone else..

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

JB is a big time declining asset. His D gets worse and worse every year, and in spite of his home runs, his average continues to dip. And seems to be injured more often, as well. If we do keep him around, I sure hope it's not a lot of money. IMO, he's not worth it anymore...and it'd be a waste of cash we COULD be putting into someone else..

100% if hes back next year he needs to be the DH full time. EE as the full time at first base. Maybe dalton pompey takes the next step to be an every day out fielder. Other wise pillar and saunders then get another OFer. Really dont want melvin upton back unless its at 4th OFer money. Which wont happen. IIrc hes owed some stupid amount of money. A good lead off hitter who fills an out field spot would be great. 

I dont worry about joey bats or bating average in general. But his slash was down across the board.  12/13/16 years when he was banged up his performance dipped a ton. The 10/11/14/15 years bautista is worth every penny and worth riding into the dirt. But betting on that production out of him at his age and injury record, with the limited bucks the jays have had to work with is a dangerous bet. If rogers is gonna loose the purse strings then why not. 

3 minutes ago, do or die said:

Frankly, retooling this lineup somewhat....to make it less dependent on homers, to score some runs.....might not be a bad idea.

It would be. Even getting a real lead off hitter and moving JB to DH would help a bunch. 

42 minutes ago, Noeller said:

the entire bullpen was outstanding in the playoffs, and IMO, worth bringing back...

The whole staff was. Would be good to bring in some veteran arms to compete in camp and push guys. And provide insurance incase we have some set backs. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, bustamente said:

EE agent says his client could be worth up to $25m over 5 years and expects 11-12 teams to be in the running. Well what else would you expect his agent to say. Personally think this is way to rich for the Blue Jays.

$25M PER year.  $125M over 5 years.