Week 6 other games, other teams

No matter how badly BLM plays the Stamps just won't play Tate. They have an experienced qb like that in the bullpen & he sits. One thing I can say about Tate that may have changed is his head space. I THINK... but don't know... but I get the sense that he's matured. If he came into a game he wouldn't be a crazy man anymore. 

No matter how badly BLM plays the Stamps just won't play Tate. They have an experienced qb like that in the bullpen & he sits. One thing I can say about Tate that may have changed is his head space. I THINK... but don't know... but I get the sense that he's matured. If he came into a game he wouldn't be a crazy man anymore. 

I've said from day one I would take Tate if available. He's probably the best second string QB in the league right now. Ask Sask and us about that importance.

Joe Fuller: one rush, minus forty yards.

yeah what the hell was that about?  All the Stamps had to do was down the ball and run out the clock, and instead they do this weird back pass thing - what would have happened if Fuller had missed the ball and it had bounced around in the end zone?  Montreal could have jumped on it and scored a TD.  I don't get it.  

yeah what the hell was that about?  All the Stamps had to do was down the ball and run out the clock, and instead they do this weird back pass thing - what would have happened if Fuller had missed the ball and it had bounced around in the end zone?  Montreal could have jumped on it and scored a TD.  I don't get it.  

There was still time on the clock even if they downed the ball.   In all seriousness, that was the best play available to do.  If they punt it, Logan could have taken it back...again.

Yeah, it was third down and there were more than 10 seconds left in the game when they put the ball into play. If they'd just downed the ball the clock would've stopped on change of possession and Montreal would've had a play or two on O. And it'd be tough to burn ten seconds just running around in the backfield, never mind the injury risk to BLM. So it was funny-looking but I can't think of a better thing for them to have done.

Weirdly, the CFL stats for the game don't include that play.

hufnagel picked montreal to cover the spread on his sport select ticket so he needed to concede the safety to win

hufnagel picked montreal to cover the spread on his sport select ticket so he needed to concede the safety to win

That one seems to make the most sense.

The thing I don't get is how Cato leapfrogged Bridge. Higgins cut Cato and kept Bridge but suddenly it was Cato starting. Cato must have had a heck of a great practice that week...

Bridge didn't look good at all. Not capable of being a starting CFL qb. I guess Higgins felt it was better to bring Cato back. He sure made the right choice.

The thing I don't get is how Cato leapfrogged Bridge. Higgins cut Cato and kept Bridge but suddenly it was Cato starting. Cato must have had a heck of a great practice that week...

Bridge didn't look good at all. Not capable of being a starting CFL qb. I guess Higgins felt it was better to bring Cato back. He sure made the right choice.

Oh, definitely. I just wonder how Bridge beat out Cato in the first place.

They wanted the publicity of having a Canadian QB on the roster but never thought they would actually have to play their #3.

They wanted the publicity of having a Canadian QB on the roster but never thought they would actually have to play their #3.
Nope don't buy it.No way Higgins risks a loss over a publicity ploy.What I read is they were neck and neck after that one week but Higgins had a gut feeling that Cato was the one to try.Maybe not as familiar with Canadian football it took Cato a little longer than Bridges to come around?

Nope don't buy it.No way Higgins risks a loss over a publicity ploy.What I read is they were neck and neck after that one week but Higgins had a gut feeling that Cato was the one to try.Maybe not as familiar with Canadian football it took Cato a little longer than Bridges to come around?

Yeah you're right Montreal never puts guys on the roster for the publicity.