Week 6 other games, other teams

Bowman plays like **** in the first Q of almost every game dropping plenty of passes, by games end he's a hero due to the sheer volume thrown his way.  In a balanced throwing attack with 5 or 6 opportunities his numbers wouldn't look so hot.

If I needed one receiver to be a deep threat or to be clutch, I wouldn't pick Bowman.

Gawd TSN... Now they're saying that only one team has made the playoffs in CFL history starting the season 0-6. The Lions of 1969. Enough pumping up the Riders tires!!

Mr. Rider in the sportscentre desk what do you expect he looks a little foolish with the green suit tonight

TSN just showed the standings and they have Winnipeg at 2-3. How hard is it to update the standings?

But it was funny when they showed the corrected standings and said they had to do it fast before Bomber fans started bombarding the studio (something to that effect).

Paul LaPolice did a nice job of explaining Edmonton's gap cancellation techniques in the Edm-Sask pre game. And he used live bodies...belonging to the Winnipeg Rifles.

And this brings up the question of game planning to offset what Edmonton is doing. We did not have a successful plan, but that could not have been answered anyways, when Brohm was in there.

Sask. had a short week to prepare for Edm. (played Sun.) and while Chapedaine did employ short passes (mostly to Messam out of the backfield, 6-58yds.) and they worked, I'm left to wander how they couldn't use their two powerful running backs N/South, off tackle, or something like that to help their rookie QB. Surely, if any team could run against Edm., it should have been the Riders.

30 passes vs running Messam 3 times and Allen 3 times (QBs had 4 rushes - or rather, panic running)

So, why didn't they run more? Or at least try?

Didn't anyone else notice that they said "and coming up the blue bombers and bc lions kickoff.." On the pre-game before the riders shmoes game? Lol

Yah, pretty much indicates that it was pre-taped mid-week before the Bombers game on Thurs.  Whole frickin' pre-game was focused on the Riders problems.

Paul LaPolice did a nice job of explaining Edmonton's gap cancellation techniques in the Edm-Sask pre game. And he used live bodies...belonging to the Winnipeg Rifles.

And this brings up the question of game planning to offset what Edmonton is doing. We did not have a successful plan, but that could not have been answered anyways, when Brohm was in there.

Sask. had a short week to prepare for Edm. (played Sun.) and while Chapedaine did employ short passes (mostly to Messam out of the backfield, 6-58yds.) and they worked, I'm left to wander how they couldn't use their two powerful running backs N/South, off tackle, or something like that to help their rookie QB. Surely, if any team could run against Edm., it should have been the Riders.

30 passes vs running Messam 3 times and Allen 3 times (QBs had 4 rushes - or rather, panic running)

So, why didn't they run more? Or at least try?

Ego, coaching stubborness & unwilling to admit the plan didn't work. We see it all the time when things go south in a game. All coaches no matter how good or bad go through it.

I don't have it either. Same thing as the World championships gold medal hockey game. I only get the 2 TSN channels and the Jets region feed doesn't have it on.

But who cares, we get to watch NASCAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111312-!~!~!

******* Rod Black & TSN will be talking about Nik Lewis all bloody night. I wish the floor in the press box would fall out & Black would go with it.

You say that as if you didn't know this would be the case going in?

I don't have it either. Same thing as the World championships gold medal hockey game. I only get the 2 TSN channels and the Jets region feed doesn't have it on.

But who cares, we get to watch NASCAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111312-!~!~!

It's not part of the basic Shaw package. So I just ordered the TSN sports package for $4 a month.

Sure looks like Montreal found their qb. 

If you can't get it on tv, and you don't mind radio, you can tune in live stream radio... tsn Montreal, or Calgary stamps radio broadcast, stream. 

I do that it's usually pretty enjoyable.