Positives?

BBlink

I know people are pretty peeved at this loss. Some positives though.

-We had a 16-0 lead over the Grey Cup champs before a terrible fumble turned the game around

-Defense came to play. There was some good coverage out there

-Offence has shown to be pretty consistent

-The catch and run by Addison Richards. Showed his speed, hands and a little bit of power taking the Stampeder defender out.

-Darvin Adams coming out party

Way better game than the one we lost to Hammy.  Hung in with the Grey Cup winners until the very end.

In some ways this loss was worse than the one aginst Hamilton. The Bombers were never really in the game against the 'Cats, but we gave the freaking game to the Stamps through multiple mistakes and they all seem to point to the coaching in one form or another.

Punch for punch with the champs. Let's go exorcise another demon next weekend...

Yup. We were right there. Even after the gaffe on field goal we STILL had a chance to get it in range but that INT broke the camels back.

We were right there.

Punch for punch with the champs. Let's go exorcise another demon next weekend...

Yup. We were right there. Even after the gaffe on field goal we STILL had a chance to get it in range but that INT broke the camels back.

We were right there.

That was only the last of a whole series of screwups and not-good-enoughs which started after the first quarter. If it was one or two things, it would be easily fixable, but this edition is lacking in so many areas that this season to get back on track is not likely to be enough.

We were right there.

That was only the last of a whole series of screwups and not-good-enoughs which started after the first quarter. If it was one or two things, it would be easily fixable, but this edition is lacking in so many areas that this season to get back on track is not likely to be enough.

I think the Bombers are fortunate in that several other teams are dealing with injuries to their starters both on offense (all those long term injuries to quarterbacks!) and on defense whereas the Bombers are healthy.  There sure aren't any excuses for the Bombers to not get the minimum 8 wins for a playoff spot.

I think for the most part the talent is in place and they're coming together as a team.  This was by far the best results the D. has shown this year, despite the displeasure people have with Hurl. 

Looking forward to next weeks game with EE and expect the Bombers to win comfortably.

You are underestimating the Esks. Given Stampeders injuries, I can see Edmonton finishing first in the West and even with Nichols as QB, Winnipeg will have their hands full. In fact, I'll be surprised if Winnipeg betters the Esks, which makes the blown opportunity against Calgary even more regrettable.

I think for the most part the talent is in place and they're coming together as a team.  This was by far the best results the D. has shown this year, despite the displeasure people have with Hurl. 

Looking forward to next weeks game with EE and expect the Bombers to win comfortably.

You are underestimating the Esks. Given Stampeders injuries, I can see Edmonton finishing first in the West and even with Nichols as QB, Winnipeg will have their hands full. In fact, I'll be surprised if Winnipeg betters the Esks, which makes the blown opportunity against Calgary even more regrettable.

I don't think so, both of their victories have come over the RB's and with Nichols at the controls bad things are going to happen.  If Willy plays consistently and the offence can put a decent number of points on the board I think they will top them.  I'm certainly not expecting to see a continuation of the mistakes that they made tonight.  I'm expecting a game of redemption.

I think for the most part the talent is in place and they're coming together as a team. This was by far the best results the D. has shown this year, despite the displeasure people have with Hurl.

I don't think so, both of their victories have come over the RB's and with Nichols at the controls bad things are going to happen. If Willy plays consistently and the offence can put a decent number of points on the board I think they will top them. I'm certainly not expecting to see a continuation of the mistakes that they made tonight. I'm expecting a game of redemption.

I agree. Reality is we eliminate our own mistakes and we owned the stamps tonight. Not sure why some argue it but 16 of Calgarys 26 points came off mistakes. One on a blocked punt. One on a Stoudemire fumble. We win easily and Calgary looks awful without our mistakes.

Esks have one of the best D's in the league.  Their D line causes tons of pressure and we've been known to wilt under pressure.  I hate Nichols as a QB.  Bad accuracy, won't take any part of the blame for any of the problems and is constantly gesturing at his receivers when he thinks they're doing something wrong.  Still... they should be able to run and pass on our D.  I expect them to win next week.  They've actually looked better than Calgary for the last two weeks, but of course they have been playing Ottawa. 

I think for the most part the talent is in place and they're coming together as a team. This was by far the best results the D. has shown this year, despite the displeasure people have with Hurl.

I don't think so, both of their victories have come over the RB's and with Nichols at the controls bad things are going to happen. If Willy plays consistently and the offence can put a decent number of points on the board I think they will top them. I'm certainly not expecting to see a continuation of the mistakes that they made tonight. I'm expecting a game of redemption.

I agree. Reality is we eliminate our own mistakes and we owned the stamps tonight. Not sure why some argue it but 16 of Calgarys 26 points came off mistakes. One on a blocked punt. One on a Stoudemire fumble. We win easily and Calgary looks awful without our mistakes.

The problem is that we are not limiting our mistakes so we aren't winning, let alone easily.