Pre Game Thread (Week 3 vs Montreal) w/ Depth Chart

Noeller

I can see what's in it for Neufeld.  I don't see what's in it for the Bombers.  If there's no room for him on the 46, then it doesn't matter if he practises or not.

So you fail to see how giving our players practice time benefits our organization?

Well Cuss! We just saved ourselves a month of, Pfft, practice and training camp, who needs that headache. 

I can see what's in it for Neufeld.  I don't see what's in it for the Bombers.  If there's no room for him on the 46, then it doesn't matter if he practises or not.

So you fail to see how giving our players practice time benefits our organization?

Well Cuss! We just saved ourselves a month of, Pfft, practice and training camp, who needs that headache. 

Nope.  I fail to see why you take a player off the 6 game where his salary is out of the SMS to move him to the IR for at least 2 weeks where his salary counts against the SMS if you're not going to put him on the 46.  The only answer seems to be so he can practise with the team.  He'd be able to do that next week even if we didn't take him off the 6 game.

What scares me is Marcel has a system where QBs get hit a lot (See Als 2007, Bombers 2014)

Are the scheme's designed by the OC or the o-line coach? I remember Kelly Bates & Doug Brown talking about o-line schemes and they talked only about the o-line coaches- nothing about OCs.

What scares me is Marcel has a system where QBs get hit a lot (See Als 2007, Bombers 2014)

Are the scheme's designed by the OC or the o-line coach? I remember Kelly Bates & Doug Brown talking about o-line schemes and they talked only about the o-line coaches- nothing about OCs.

Likely a bit of both. Fact remains QBs tend to get hit a lot with Offenses run by Marcel. His offenses also tend to be average at best.

There ought to be no surprises for either team. Montreal and the Bombers both know that if Willy gets hammered a few times and/or harrassed, the Als will win. The same is true for Montreal's QB- give him time and he looks to be able to pick the Bomber secondary apart. I thought the Bomber secondary would be the Bomber strength, but it has proven to be one its weakest points. So, run the fourletterwording ball!

I disagree I think it's lack of pressure and no contact after 5 yds that has hurt the secondary. Our weakest point is our front 7.

Not a fan of the DL changes.  Taking out the only guy who's shown an ability to disrupt the QB, outside of a blitzing halfback, at all after 2 games is disappointing. 

You're referring to Gibson or Johnson ?

Gibson.

Who the hell knows, he might be legitimately injured.

Anybody else pissed off that the game is at 6? I come from an hour out of winnipeg and work till 6 every day. I have to leave work at 430 to be able to even be close to making kickoff.

I wouldn't say "pissed" but definitely a little annoyed... I work in Portage (live in Winnipeg) so I have an hour drive home... luckily I have some flexibility at work and I'm just planning to leave early today... but I can see how that would affect some people a lot more... I expect the crowd to look quite empty at kick off tonight...

Anybody else pissed off that the game is at 6? I come from an hour out of winnipeg and work till 6 every day. I have to leave work at 430 to be able to even be close to making kickoff.

game starts at 4:00 pm here, which is the regular "cocktail hour" in Kelowna anyway so no big deal for me....

Similar situation except I'm already in wpg for work.  Back in the early aughts it was a problem.  I'd still prefer a later start, I like to go out for supper with people and make an event of it, not race to the stadium and gobble some junk food in the stands.

Early afternoon games on Saturday are my most despised.  I finally get a chance to work on the yard, house, whatever project and I have to shut it down a few hours in.  It's not like Saturday's a bad day for a football game but don't start it before 5 or 6.

This is the kind of day where I will slam a couple double cheeseburgers from McD's in my car on the way home from work, quickly change, and then run out the door to head to the game.  I don't mind it to be honest, sucks for those who can't get off work early though.

game starts at 4:00 pm here, which is the regular "cocktail hour" in Kelowna anyway so no big deal for me....

By 4:00 I would be sitting under a tree at Gyro watching the pretty people play volleyball.

Sounds like some of you really need to re-priorize your priorities.  I make $67/hr. sitting in my Mom's basement typing on the Internet, chatting on the phone and eating pizza, the biggest challenge of my day is deciding when to actually put my cloths on.... :D

...well, that, and spelling...

Sounds like some of you really need to re-priorize your priorities.  I make $67/hr. sitting in my Mom's basement typing on the Internet, chatting on the phone and eating pizza, the biggest challenge of my day is deciding when to actually put my cloths on.... :D

...well, that, and spelling...

No worries, my Mom spell-checks all my posts!

sounds like you would have made a good candidate for the NDP in the last provincial election in Alberta.  Except for the part about making $67/hr.  My brother in law was complaining to me that his MLA is now a 24 year old kid who worked at Starbucks and lived in his mom's basement. He didn't have a driver's licence either so mom had to drive him to work and around the riding to campaign.  He's going from $11/hr to $140K a year in salary.  Gotta love politics.

By 4:00 I would be sitting under a tree at Gyro watching the pretty people play volleyball.

oh man that was you!  I was wondering who was checking me out in my tight jeans!  Just stop playing the Top Gun theme while you are perving on us dudes next time would ya?  :)

I'll ask this here as it's active.

How can I watch a replay of tonights game? I do not have cable. I do have access to TSN's online streams, but I am not available to watch the game live. I'd like to watch it late tonight or tomorrow if possible. 

sounds like you would have made a good candidate for the NDP in the last provincial election in Alberta.  Except for the part about making $67/hr.  My brother in law was complaining to me that his MLA is now a 24 year old kid who worked at Starbucks and lived in his mom's basement. He didn't have a driver's licence either so mom had to drive him to work and around the riding to campaign.  He's going from $11/hr to $140K a year in salary.  Gotta love politics.

Funny you should mention that KBF.  Being well qualified, I was just thinking about running NDP in Kelowna.  First policy will be to assign all right wing curmudgeons to working the food line at the local homeless shelter.  Warning: It is against policy to throw the food at the clients!