Good News, Bad News about Bomber season so far ...

The good news is we are the 2nd highest scoring team (Hamilsmell is 1st with 75) rolling up 56 points in two games for an average of 28 points a game for. The bad news is we've given up the most points at a whopping 78, a terrible 39 points against average :angry:  :o  :(. I hope Willy gets back soon so we can score 40 points a game and remain in the playoff hunt  :lol:

Bottom line: Things aren't that bad...

I think, no I know, that the bottom line is we seriously sucked against a very strong team. We had no answers for their early blitzes that took our starting QB out, and we didn't have any ability to fight back against a team that was on cruise control for the entire second half.

Stats are fine and I'm glad to see we are doing well in a couple of categories, but we need to play way better if we are going to accumulate any points, which is ultimately the only stat that matters.

Good news on Twitter right now.  Mike Ritchott is coming back to town to play for the Rifles from the VI Raiders.  Andrew Harris, Nic Demski potential there.  Most dominant WHSFL running back since Demski for sure.  Hell of a rugby player too for Grant Park.  Bombers can use a territorial exemption on him if he doesn't end up in CIS.  Had two 100+ yard kick return TD's in the same BCFC game last season as an 18 year old.  Over 9 yards per carry last season.

Would be nice to see the Bombers develop him as BC did Harris.  Bring him in for training camp, keep him on the PR, have him practice with the Bombers while he plays his last couple years of junior.  Pretty easy since they are in the same stadium.

Bottom line: Things aren't that bad...

They aren't but most people 'round this city lack a little thing called perspective.

FIFY ;)

The riders put perspective to our loss. The only difference between them and us is they lost a close one and we got whipped but tomorrow morning we both will be two points short. Well I guess there's another difference. We spent maybe six threads on the game, they spent pages of them. 

I appreciate there are posters on this site who keeps the good ole' ship on course. It might be a good idea to count up to 10 (hours) before posting after a loss.

The team is 1-1 tied for first place in the west I do believe. So they got their asses handed to them against Hamilton, so what, a loss is still just a loss. Fix the problems for next week and boom problem solved. When you get your ass handed to you like that you are more likely to make the changes required than if you lost a close game. 

Good news: The Bombers are loaded up with a whack of MOAB plays and a trigger happy QB looking down the bomb sight

Equally good news: Riders are 0-2 trending to 0-3

Bad News for Mtl: They have targets painted on top of their helmets.

Good news for bombers.. Bear woods is out for season. That's a huge blow.. Also, billy Parker is hobbled. Ankle issue.. Not sure where he factors into montreals defense but I thought he was still starting?