top 3 off season moves

Nolby

Stanley Bryant has to be #1. I was shocked when that came through the pipe. Damn near spit out my coffee.

At this point, knowing that he will be starting, drafting Chungh should be #2. I think Walters almost talked himself out of it at one point.

Hall deserves a mention as #3. Not because he's a phenomenal coach, but because he should be a stabilizing influence on yet another complete disaster. Hall might just be the end to the last of the gong shows of our football club.

1. Bryant

2. Picard

3. Richards (just kidding) ... Westerman

My daughters think the the 6'5'' guy with the most gorgeous blue eyes and the terrific hair was a good catch. I was too shy to mention that he has good hands.

They both though he should lose the sideburns. Evidently Elvis left the building a long time ago. 

I said he might be a good player some time in the future but they said something about him looking a like a "player" now. They aren't that into football. 

At the risk of sounding like a fan boy I would say:

1. renovating offensive line

2. defensive coordinator who has playbooks (I still scratch my head at that)

3. possible ratio buster (58 NFL games played means something) DE (fingers crossed he is not worn out)

1. Stanley Bryant

2. Hiring Richie Hall

3. Dom Picard / Drafting Chungh

It all starts with the offensive line, protecting your QB and allowing that person to play confidently. If we can control the clock and keep other teams off the field we will realize a lot of success this season.

How about WORST 3 offseason moves?

1. Taking so long to announce the first cuts.

2. Cutting their 5th string QB in a possibly impolite way.

3. Almost letting people think they wouldn't be able to attend training camp for a few minutes that one day.

I'm still having nightmares about this kind of fan abuse by the club ... :)

The other part of the Watson for a draft pick and cap room trade.  Once known as the throw-in, then as the training camp fodder, maybe finally known as his parents named him - Kris Bastien.

He's not going to get to start until someone ahead of him gets nicked up, that's just the way it works.  Once he's in, they might not be able to take him out.  He's done everything right so far, and I have no reason to believe that will change once he's in a game situation.

Two other players.

Worst 3

1. Releasing Vega and keeping Peach

2. Failure to re-sign Hajrallahu to extension

3. Passing on or failing to sign Rene Curran 

I won't argue the Peach/Vega thing but your next 2 are a bit iffy.

Both Hajrallahu and Curran are looking for an NFL shot so unless you are expecting the Bombers or any other CFL team to compete with that, I don't see how those can be considered failures.