2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

Maybe.  Depends on this season.  I think the Jets might get Scheif cheaper.  Does that six years take Couturier to one year before free agency?  To me, ideally, you sign these guys to contracts that still leaves a couple of years of restricted free agency so you can then, if you choose, try and lock them up into their early 30's.

You have to wonder what the Canucks are thinking.  Im no expert on the players involved but most people are saying the Canucks traded away the better player with the better contract plus the better prospect and better pick for the lesser player with a more expensive contract and a worse pick. 

Canucks are probably going to get pretty bad before they turn the corner but giving up good prospects and picks isnt going to help.

@FriedgeHNIC: Work still being done on Sutter extension in VAN, but hearing five years is expected to be the term. AAV sounds like just under $4.4M.

Are the Canucks management on drugs?

I still think Sutter could be worth that, I like him as a player and I don't think he's anywhere near his ceiling. But a contract like that, based purely on potential, I don't know... They better hope he develops like they want him to. So many ways for a contract like that to go bad.