2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

Here is what I think these 5 contracts should be negotiated for...

Ladd            Current 4.4m             2m more                           6.6 per for 6
Buff             Current 5.2                2.3m more                         7.5 per for 6
Trouba        Current .894m           5.7m more                        6.6 per for 8
Scheifele     Current .863             2.5m more                        3.333 per for 3
Lowry           Current.8282           2m more                             2.8 per for 3

14.5m more than this year as cap hits. These would all kick in for the 2016-2017 season. I really don't believe in the no-trade clauses but I guess they are here to stay. I would offer Trouba one but Buff and Ladd would only get the first 3 years as no trades.

"Alex Chiasson of the Ottawa Senators has been awarded a US$1.2 million, one-year deal in arbitration on Sunday. The restricted free-agent forward and the Senators went to arbitration with Chiasson asking for over $2 million and the team asking for $1 million. Chiasson was part of the trade that sent Jason Spezza to the Dallas Stars last summer. The 24-year-old had 11 goals and 15 assists in 76 games this past season."

25pts for 1.2m? An arbitration win for OTT.