2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

We've seen speculation on what Buff wants so lets assume the Jets have had at least cursory talks with the agent.  Ladd is more important and surely impacts an offer to Buff.  Get Ladd signed.  Then move on to Buff. 

It could be they've decided to trade Buff and have been quietly working on it. 

That's where I differ.

My opinion is they are both equally important to this team for similar and unique reasons which will be challenging to replace based on current market availability.

We've seen speculation on what Buff wants so lets assume the Jets have had at least cursory talks with the agent.  Ladd is more important and surely impacts an offer to Buff.  Get Ladd signed.  Then move on to Buff. 

That's where I differ.

My opinion is they are both equally important to this team for similar and unique reasons which will be challenging to replace based on current market availability.

Myers is a more consistent D-man than Buff.  Younger, cheaper.  Buff is better offensively right now but Myers' has more long term upside.  Having Myers, along with Trouba's development makes Buff expendable.

That's where I differ.

Myers is a more consistent D-man than Buff.  Younger, cheaper.  Buff is better offensively right now but Myers' has more long term upside.  Having Myers, along with Trouba's development makes Buff expendable.

Agree big time. Buff is way too inconsistent for my liking. You just never know what you're going to get from game to game. I'd love to deal the guy if you could get the right kinda return.

Buff will be moved. One day Ladd little wheeler Enstrom will be too. The nature of the beast. One step back to take 2 forward seems to be the way it might go.

The transition to the younger core of scheif Lowry trouba myers Morrissey Ehlers Petan etc will happen one day. I see no point in getting upset if they trade buff or Ladd or both. They won't be Jets forever.

I was young but I remember the day Teemu was traded. That hurt lots actually as I loved that guy as a kid. Teemu did more for that Jets team than any current jet has done. If he can be moved or if the oilers can trade Gretzky, anybody can be. And you move on. Your current favorite players are replaced by new ones.

If Ladd signs a long term deal with the Jets, I could see him staying a Jet for life.  Even if at 36/37 he isnt that good, Jets will keep him around.  He will get the Mike Keane treatment.

Teemu was the victim of idiot American owners who couldnt afford both Teemu and Keith Tkachuk and kept the wrong player.

For Buff: Mid six talented winger, Top 4 D, top prospect

Not sure the origin of this one, but chatter is Jets are one of the teams talking to Antropov...

Talking as in asking him why he never applied himself...?  How someone that big can play without hitting anyone?  Getting tips on buying Khazak carpets?

Buff is over rated by us jets fans and going into the last year of his contract  that will not benefit us in a trade. Sign him to a 6yr 7 million dollar contract and then shop him around. If not keep him for the season and trade him at the deadline. Signed long term he will get us more in return. If Ladd signs long term his deal will include nmc and i can see him finishing his career here and that's not a bad thing.