2015 NHL Free Agency

Rich

Cap dump from Philly. Luke Schenn. 1 year remaining. Philly isn't that close to the cap. Not as close as ppl think.

1st Sanheim L schenn

HA! you think Philly is giving up all that for one year of Buff? Best you can get is 1st round pick and a B prospect. Sanheim has taken big strides since being drafted. He ain't moving for a rental player. 

Wayne Simmonds for Buff straight up....

Mike Smith is that you?

If a team trades for Buff before the season, they will have a year to sign him... everyone knows he wants $8 million per season and he'll get it.

If Chevy could get Couturier (locked in at $4 mill for 4-5 more years I think), a prospect and a pick... that's a nice haul.  Don't think its totally unrealistic.

Giroux needs Philly to win now.  Buff instantly changes their D lineup from garbage to kind of decent.

Buff isn't hard to sign. He doesn't seem overly concerned where he plays. He signed a long term deal in Atlanta with the team for sale.

He just wants money and term. If Philly or any team trades for him they will likely have a good idea what it will take. I'd strongly suspect a trade would be closely followed by an announcement of an extension.

Apparently Stempniak wanted to come back to the Jets, but wasn't given an offer.  Jets want to go with a youth movement.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/free-agent-stempniak-wanted-to-remain-a-jet/

If Stempniak, 32, had his way, he would skate for those frenzied Jets fans again in 2015-16.

Instead he finds himself in the same place he was last summer: on our list ofstill-unclaimed unrestricted free agents.

In late July 2014, Stempniak signed a one-year, $900,000 deal with the New York Rangers. The Jets rented him at the trade deadline for their race to the post-season, and he scored 10 points in 18 games. Used primarily in a bottom-six role, the journeyman finished 2014-15 with a career-best plus/minus rating of plus-8. He believed his exit interviews with the front office and the coaching staff went positively.

“I thought it was a good fit, personally. Very good team, great place to play. You can’t beat that atmosphere there,” Stempniak says.

“I was hoping to go back, but from what my agent told me, they were looking to give some spots to young guys. They have some very good prospects there that they were looking to give some ice time to,” he says. “I don’t think we ever fully closed the door on it, but at this point, if I had to guess, it doesn’t look too promising.”

Cap dump from Philly. Luke Schenn. 1 year remaining. Philly isn't that close to the cap. Not as close as ppl think.

1st Sanheim L schenn

HA! you think Philly is giving up all that for one year of Buff? Best you can get is 1st round pick and a B prospect. Sanheim has taken big strides since being drafted. He ain't moving for a rental player.
Sekera got a first and A prospect. He now plays for the oilers not the kings. Buff now would get more than sanheim and a 1st. At tge deadline he'd get sanheim and a first. That's what top pairing d men get and that's what buff is. You Damn rights he'd get that if Sekera got the same.

Sekera was a rental. They trade buff now and he gets more for sure. Easily. If the jets had to retain 1 1.5 million of Buff salary they could. It's just 1 year

As for Stempniak. 1 year deal? Sure. 2 or more? Pass. He said he has a family and would be hard to move them for a year. Tells me he wants 2 years plus do in that case, I'm fine with him moving on. Hasn't signed anywhere so either wants too much term aka 2 years plus or money or both.

Buff.. I'd take first round pick plus top 4 LHD prospect

Well, sure, and I'd take a Lotto Max win..........

Buff would get us a very good return. Look at what dmen were going for at the deadline, & none of them were as good as Buff.

Which tells me other teams also believe Buff is an elite utility player hard to find in this league. I don't think that's overrating him as some say.  

1st Sanheim L schenn

Sekera got a first and A prospect. He now plays for the oilers not the kings. Buff now would get more than sanheim and a 1st. At tge deadline he'd get sanheim and a first. That's what top pairing d men get and that's what buff is. You Damn rights he'd get that if Sekera got the same.

Sekera was a rental. They trade buff now and he gets more for sure. Easily. If the jets had to retain 1 1.5 million of Buff salary they could. It's just 1 year

I am going to disagree about the return for Sekera being an A prospect. 

I dunno... LA is in a division where they should have a chance..

Honestly.. That pacific division is gonna be pretty weak this year in my opinion

I see Vancouver,Arizona, Edmonton even with McDavid all struggling... I see Calgary coming back to reality a bit, they had an insane shooting percentage last year that wasn't very sustainable and i don't think Hamilton or Frolik will make much of a difference so while i think LA might not be as good as they were last year, I think outside of the ducks, they are the 2nd best team in that division by far. It's not even close

Anaheim

LA

The Rest are over here somewhere with Calgary being the best of the rest. 

If i had to guess which 3 teams come out of the pacific... It's Anaheim LA and Calgary.... and i think both Wild Card teams are from the Central.