It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

Hey, I have a lot of respect for #6 Robb Bagg to overcome what he did to get back on the field starting. Two severe knee injuries. Most people thought his career was over. That's one Rider player who never quit.

You guys can blaze away at will on the Riders. I can take it and I fully intend to hand some out back to you guys. I get it that Bagg wears number 6 and obviously it would have to be a picture of him to make the joke work, but lets keep it classy, ok guys.
You realize you are on a bomber forum right? I remember all of the jokes on the Rider forum when buck was injured.

I know where I am. I'm not defending any of the jokes or things that other people say. You are free to say anything you want, as I am free to let you know how I feel about what you said. That's all I was doing, mentioning that I thought that particular joke was a bit over the line IMHO. If you don't agree, I have no problem with that either.

Quit whining. No one was poking fun at an 'alleged' injury. He just happens to wear 6. Maybe we can get a photo of you crying in a number 6 jersey to make the joke with.

Hey, I have a lot of respect for #6 Robb Bagg to overcome what he did to get back on the field starting. Two severe knee injuries. Most people thought his career was over. That's one Rider player who never quit.

You guys can blaze away at will on the Riders. I can take it and I fully intend to hand some out back to you guys. I get it that Bagg wears number 6 and obviously it would have to be a picture of him to make the joke work, but lets keep it classy, ok guys.
You realize you are on a bomber forum right? I remember all of the jokes on the Rider forum when buck was injured.
I know where I am. I'm not defending any of the jokes or things that other people say. You are free to say anything you want, as I am free to let you know how I feel about what you said. That's all I was doing, mentioning that I thought that particular joke was a bit over the line IMHO. If you don't agree, I have no problem with that either.

Quit whining. No one was poking fun at an 'alleged' injury. He just happens to wear 6. Maybe we can get a photo of you crying in a number 6 jersey to make the joke with.

That.. Would be more approprooriate yup. Fair trade i think.. Send pic and bagg will be less bagged on lol ;).

(Pun, as clearly we aint bagging on his injury here.. )

At the time that pic was taken Bagg had injured the same knee that had reconstructive surgery twice & was obviously emotional. I'd have been okay if it was a pic of Bagg not crying at the time because he was injured when it was taken. The pic was a poor choice. I have no problem with Bagg, just that particular picture.

The man is crying on national TV. hes fair game imo. He also was crying over what may have been.. Not what transpired.

If he was out for the season or career then sure.. Id see the issue but otherwise.. Nope.

At the time that pic was taken Bagg had injured the same knee that had reconstructive surgery twice & was obviously emotional. I'd have been okay if it was a pic of Bagg not crying at the time because he was injured when it was taken. The pic was a poor choice. I have no problem with Bagg, just that particular picture. 

Are you sure that was what he was crying about?  Two minutes earlier he had been told that Cecil the lion had been killed.

Are you sure that was what he was crying about?  Two minutes earlier he had been told that Cecil the lion had been killed.

Oh, KBF.... ;)

I don't care what forum it is. It is not appropriate to use an injury as a joke. And as bad as it is to make fun of Pierce, Bomber fans have done it on rf too. There was a thread called "Who will be the next Broke Pierce" that was created after Durant was injured. Also not appropriate.

The thread you are referring to was started by a Bomber fan IIRC.

Yes it was.

I don't care what forum it is. It is not appropriate to use an injury as a joke. And as bad as it is to make fun of Pierce, Bomber fans have done it on rf too. There was a thread called "Who will be the next Broke Pierce" that was created after Durant was injured. Also not appropriate.

Please don't mistake Lye E. Style for a Bomber fan, he's the furthest thing from it.

Lyle E. Style wasn't the one who started the thread.

Ftc75t4.jpg

Your seriously posting a picture of Bagg walking off field after he thought he blew out his knee and his career was over as a joke?? I don't even know what to say to that.

He THOUGHT his knee was done and he THOUGHT he wasnt playing again.. Huh. Lookit that, hes playing.. Smh.

Pull up your panties nancy

Sorry to be posting multiple times rather than multi-quoting, but I'm replying as I go.

I don't care if his career didn't end up finishing. It was still a very serious injury and that doesn't make it any classier or appropriate. Even so, his career may be much shorter than it could have been.

And we will keep it as classy as rider fans kept hammering us on our gc drought and buck pierce.. I recall more then a few pics of a dazed or crushed pierce displayed across rf.com mocking hs injuries...

And yet, rider fans cry foul over a slight that wasnt even intended OR in actuality even referenced..

Cry harder boys, maybe then us heartless bomber fans might be bothered to care..

That doesn't make what we did any worse or what you guys did any better and vice versa.

From that photo I had no idea that he was crying, it looks like he's wincing.  Men that shave their heads really should not cry, but wincing is okay.....Messier was a pretty good wincer..  Little known fact Messier holds the world record for a sustained wince of 3 years during his time with the Canucks.

Making fun of injuries isn't cool, no matter the team or player.

Don't think it was meant maliciously but could have chosen a more appropriate picture for sure.

But he wasnt hurt. You ARE following the posts right?

Miraculously, I am following. Though I find your condescension hilarious given that at the point of the picture, Rob Bagg actually didn't know whether he was seriously injured or not. 

No one can ever claim universal moral high ground here.  Sadly there are more negative instances that happen at the LDC and Banjo Bowl than either group would like to acknowledge, but reality is that tens of thousands of die-hard CFL fans cheering on their teams get overshadowed by a couple of drunk morons.

Same deal to a lesser extent online. Riderfans has no excuse though. Come on guys, if there was ever a case of getting dumber reading someone's posts Nate is it.  But, who am I to judge? If they want to hear him go on and on and on and on and on about the latest article in Winnipeg print media about the Bombers no one's going to stop you.

You might be over reacting. The joke involved the jersey number, not the man and most of the people here do respect him.

You might be over reacting. The joke involved the jersey number, not the man and most of the people here do respect him.

Yeah, understand. 

Please don't mistake Lye E. Style for a Bomber fan, he's the furthest thing from it.

Lyle E. Style wasn't the one who started the thread.

Just checked - it was Luther Selbo who started it.

Ftc75t4.jpg

Your seriously posting a picture of Bagg walking off field after he thought he blew out his knee and his career was over as a joke?? I don't even know what to say to that.

He THOUGHT his knee was done and he THOUGHT he wasnt playing again.. Huh. Lookit that, hes playing.. Smh.

Sorry to be posting multiple times rather than multi-quoting, but I'm replying as I go.

I don't care if his career didn't end up finishing. It was still a very serious injury and that doesn't make it any classier or appropriate. Even so, his career may be much shorter than it could have been.

And we will keep it as classy as rider fans kept hammering us on our gc drought and buck pierce.. I recall more then a few pics of a dazed or crushed pierce displayed across rf.com mocking hs injuries...

And yet, rider fans cry foul over a slight that wasnt even intended OR in actuality even referenced..

Cry harder boys, maybe then us heartless bomber fans might be bothered to care..

That doesn't make what we did any worse or what you guys did any better and vice versa.

What I'm saying is dont expect us to turn the other cheek. We are a bomber forum for Christ sake! We for the most part despise the riders..

Also, you realize there is a thread bashing Saskatchewan women as toothless Gummer giving inbreds... Not a word of foul play there...

Smh.

Making fun of injuries isn't cool, no matter the team or player.

Don't think it was meant maliciously but could have chosen a more appropriate picture for sure.

But he wasnt hurt. You ARE following the posts right?

Miraculously, I am following. Though I find your condescension hilarious given that at the point of the picture, Rob Bagg actually didn't know whether he was seriously injured or not.

There's a post 2 down from the quoted by lebird you should read..

Also, just a thought.. A bit much on the righteous indignation..

Ftc75t4.jpg

What I'm saying is dont expect us to turn the other cheek. We are a bomber forum for Christ sake! We for the most part despise the riders..

Also, you realize there is a thread bashing Saskatchewan women as toothless Gummer giving inbreds... Not a word of foul play there...

Smh.

The toothless jokes are kind of funny and harmless IMO

The toothless jokes are kind of funny and harmless IMO

Yup, and we make the same jokes. I don't see much wrong with it.

Just checked - it was Luther Selbo who started it.

Yup, it was him. He actually keeps pretty well over there, but he gets a dig in once in a while. I've criticized him before, but he's actually a good guy.

Man, the quote system here is brutal when there's a long conversation. Have to manually remove quotes so I don't go over the limit.

Yea?  So what if our quoting system sucks.  The Riders are 0-6.  So there...

(Actually I didn't have anything to add.  I just like typing Riders and 0-6 in the same sentence)