It's time for the Riders to start sucking ...

IC Khari

in an interview upon arriving at the Regina Airport today, Chamblin was asked about his screaming session with Demski on the sidelines. He claims he never yelled at Demski as he thinks yelling at players is a negative. Chamblin said he was trying to give him encouragement after the offside penalty. Like, sure. That's not what I saw. If that is giving a player encouragement, I wonder what getting angry for him is all about.

Gary Lawless is reporting that Taman is getting close to firing Chamblin.

Here is Lawless's report.

"Saskatchewan Roughriders' GM Brendan Taman is set to recommend the firing of head coach Corey Chamblin. A senior Riders' executive says Taman will meet with team president Craig Reynolds as early as Sunday to discuss the future direction of the team. Taman, says the source, would like to take advantage of an upcoming bye week to put an interim head coach in place for the remainder of the season. The Argos play in Toronto next weekend then have a bye. If given the go-ahead, Taman would fire Chamblin after the Argos' game and then use the bye week to install a new coach. It's unknown if Reynolds will allow Taman to put a plan in place to move forward or insist on the status quo. If Taman is told not to fire Chamblin, the senior Riders' executive believes the Riders' board would then wait and enact a major housecleaning at the end of the season, which would include the firing of Taman. The most obvious candidates for an interim head coaching position are former B.C. Lions' head coach Mike Benevides and former Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Paul LaPolice."

How can Taman wait a week now? He has to do it this weekend as it's public knowledge. As much as I don't like CC, what Taman is doing is such a backstabbing move..

I find it hard to believe that Taman wants this change now, most likely coming from higher up.
Yeah I agree you can like or hate Taman but he never would throw CC under the bus like that,let him hang in the wind.Always was a class act imo.

Wait, they might rally with a new coach. They need to wait till after they lose the LDC and the Banjo Bowl.

Until Glenn comes back off the I.R. they don't have a chance in hell of winning a game.

Pretty sure Glenn is done for the season. Torn pectoral is usually season ending.

Gary Lawless is reporting that Taman is getting close to firing Chamblin.

Gary Lawless rarely misses on this stuff.

Say what you want about his opinion on the rumour, but the info substantiating the rumour is rarely wrong.

He doesn't put stuff like this out there unless he is damn sure.

I was watching Chick last night. He was part of one sack but other than that was ineffective. How can the Riders justify paying his huge contract??

Because they gave Dressler, Getzlaf, and others huge contracts.

Likely with the signature Taman back loaded contact leading to cap stress every year.

If Taman leaves, he is leaving a mess.