First preseason game NOT televised

iHeart

hey Mike have I ever told you that i like you avatar, combining both the bombers and the jets

I don't think that is a jet. I believe that is a rough outline of a prop bomber as in blue bombers. The football body kind of gives it away.

So... streamed online for anyone or just people who subscribe to TSN through TV? 

I haven't found a solid answer on this :(

There isn't one, but I also can't recall TSN making any similar content publicly available since adding a subscriber log-in filter to their site.  The answer is most likely not the one you're hoping for.

Pretty sure those without TSN Go are screwed, unlikely that the Argos or the Bombers will provide a link to it off their sites, although they shoud.  Unless somebody wonderful like NJBomberFan records the feed and puts it up on YouTube later this game will slip into history unwatched by billions the world over. :( :( :( :( :( :( :angry:

We try to bring in competition across the board.  We need to find several starters and some backups and hopefully some players who push out last years starters.  That's the whole point of scouting, drafting and TC. That doesn't mean we have to give every one of them preseason playing time or even give them a 'real shot' at making the team.  My idea is to focus our resources mostly on those who've risen to the top against CFL competition.

We're not just bring in warm bodies so that the guys with the 'real' potential have someone to hit.  Everyone here is here for a reason, and has and should have an opportunity to make this team.  Develop them in TC and then give them a chance (as small as that chance may be) to see how they've developed at game speed.  You could be doing a disservice to the team if you never gave a guy the opportunity to prove himself against an actual opponent.

The bottom of the roster changes, probably daily in TC.  After a week of TC, some players have worked their way up the depth chart like Jhomo Gordon.  Some are working their way down and some have started and stayed at the bottom.  I want us to evaluate those who've risen towards the top of the depth chart at their positions more closely than those who are falling or not moving up.  

and what about the guys who look good in practise but falter when the lights go on? Or the guys who don't stand out in practise but get it done in the games? Those things happen every year. You are doing a disservice to the team if you make all those decisions based purely on what guys are doing in practise. You know what practise tells you? It tells you which guys aren't good enough physically to compete and in that case you can cut them safely without giving them game time. You want to see more vets and win the game, OK but your assessment that you can't evaluate people because there's less starters is a bit silly. Evaluation isn't just about how many yards a guy gets or whatever. Coaches can watch the film and see who is doing their assignments correctly or if someone is getting physically over matched. 

It's just really silly to be worried about the roster for the first preseason game when it's on the road. GIve some of the new faces a shot and see if what is happening in practise matches up with what happens in the game and then make some cuts and focus on getting ready for the regular season.

Do you guys mostly go with MTS? Is that why you guys can't watch? Because otherwise, most of the main providers are covered.

MTS or Shaw. My understanding is Shaw itself isn't covered, only Shaw GO (Shaw's mobile TV service) is covered.

Do you guys mostly go with MTS? Is that why you guys can't watch? Because otherwise, most of the main providers are covered.

MTS or Shaw. My understanding is Shaw itself isn't covered, only Shaw GO (Shaw's mobile TV service) is covered.

Seriously?

That's ridiculous.

This isn't a rec league where every player gets to play. It's pro ball. Want to get a chance to play? Earn it in practice.

Guys who look good in practice, but can't bring it in a game will be gone pretty quickly. Sure there may be players who are better in games than practice, but they still need to be good enough in practice to earn a shot IMO.

If it's silly to worry about who's then you must feel pretty silly, because you're the one who keeps bringing it up. For the hundred time... I'm not saying only bring vets nor am I saying don't bring any rookies. I'm saying bring more starters and less fringe players. 3 to 5 players would make a big difference.

Quite honestly, I don't get why you even care what I think.

I'd rather that the team do whatever it thinks best to evaluate the talent it's brought in.  If that means playing more rookie types to see if they can do the little things right, blocking assignments, routes, coverage etc, then do it.  Because the focus isn't on winning, it's on assessing.  If they didn't even bother keeping score during exhibition I'd be just fine with that.

I'd rather lose the completely irrelevant battles that are exhibition games and win the war, but then again, I'm not trying to argue for arguments sake. 

Seriously?

That's ridiculous.

For me, Telus Optik cable is covered, but my Telus Satellite service is not....it's a real screwy thing.

Doesn't everyone who has Shaw, have automatic enrollment in Shaw GO?

If you have an account with Shaw, all you have to do is register that account with Shaw Go and you're as good as Gone.

i got a shawgo wifi account n password i started up for my old work that still works anytime i hit a shawopen wifi signal,  would that work? it only has space for 8 remembered devices but like mcdonalds bellwifi,  u can log in 1x but have to re-enter account n password everytime u log off

If you have an account with Shaw, all you have to do is register that account with Shaw Go and you're as good as Gone.

I didn't realize it was that simple. I guess I can access it then.

Just a note for Chrome users... One of my extensions, I haven't tracked down which one but I'll guess it's the ad blocker, kills the signon process on TSN Go.  My workaround is to use Firefox which works like a charm for me.  (Different set of extensions)

Its the way you write your posts that makes me skip over them usually 

That's preferable to whining about them.

For a guy who always says "argue the post, not the poster", you sure do have an interesting habit of always turning everything into a personal matter.

Just wish you were a little more honest with yourself, not even with us. It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to observe the fact that you love the role you play around here as the forum agitator.

Would that be like the guy who removes the nuts from a rocket's innard?

:D

So the Bomber game is showing up as a Bonus on the TSN Go App, but doens't show up on the TSN Go website. I've got Shaw here in Winnipeg so I've been able to login and view content on my computer, however when it comes to TSN's App all I get is a black screen with sound.

Also - what is up with the Android TSN Go App not supporting tablets, but the RDS version does?