Season opener in Regina

retro

How can there be lots of tickets left?  Rider fans are the best fans in the CFL.  That's Canada's team right there.

Not a bad idea for a Bomber road trip at all, unfortunately any Bomber road trip money has already been spent on the July 18th game at McMahon.

The last season opener in Regina was in 2005 I believe, and the game was delayed due to some cataclysmic downpour. Then the Riders took the opening kick-off back for a TD. First play of the season. It was all downhill from there. What a crappy season that was.

2005 ... Jim Daley ... Enough said.

The last season opener in Regina was in 2005 I believe, and the game was delayed due to some cataclysmic downpour. Then the Riders took the opening kick-off back for a TD. First play of the season. It was all downhill from there. What a crappy season that was.

Blech.

Corey Holmes ... he was out partying the night before and some posters at OB bumped into him and tried to get him absolutely loaded - said he staggered out of there in a state that had them convinced he'd be a bust in the game. First play up, daggers us with a TD return. :lol:

To be honest, when Rod Rust was running things, the Defense wasn't half bad.  It was when he left that $%&* hit the fan

I remember Doug Brown saying something like the defence just called cover 0 on every play because no one knew what to do, and they had no coach.

I don't care what anyone says .. that Daley coached team was the biggest train wreck we've had in Winnipeg in recent memory .. 

To be honest, when Rod Rust was running things, the Defense wasn't half bad.  It was when he left that $%&* hit the fan

I remember Doug Brown saying something like the defence just called cover 0 on every play because no one knew what to do, and they had no coach.

I don't care what anyone says .. that Daley coached team was the biggest train wreck we've had in Winnipeg in recent memory .. 

Jeff Reinebold, Jim Daley, and Tim Burke ... the holy trinity.

Unfortunately there's far too many comparables in recent memory...

We gave up an opening-kickoff TD in 2010 too, but we destroyed the Ticats anyway. Buck Pierce played like Matt Dunigan. Philip Hunt was in Kevin Glenn's business all day. Terrence Edwards was unstoppable deep. Lapo and Mack looked like they were starting a new dynasty.

Good times, briefly.

We gave up an opening-kickoff TD in 2010 too, but we destroyed the Ticats anyway. Buck Pierce played like Matt Dunigan. Philip Hunt was in Kevin Glenn's business all day. Good times.

I could watch that game over and over again. Buck in his prime. Hunt owning an extremely green Simeon Rottier. Beautiful.