Season opener in Regina

retro

I still say Tim Burke was the worst head coach this team has ever had.

I probably would agree with you.. With Kelly and Reinbold it at least looked like they gave a **** about winning and didnt have the droopy dog face five minutes into a game.

Never going to Regina for a game again! Something stupid always happens...those cow lovers suck! Always fun but not worth it anymore.

I shouldn't say never I guess as I do plan to attend a LDC once their new stadium is built.

Hahaha. What, tired of the action?

..........me too.

remember when I almost lost an eye?

Never going to Regina for a game again! Something stupid always happens...those cow lovers suck! Always fun but not worth it anymore.

I shouldn't say never I guess as I do plan to attend a LDC once their new stadium is built.

Hahaha. What, tired of the action?

..........me too.

remember when I almost lost an eye?

haha...you mean when you burned yourself with the flaming towel...??? lmao...pure genuis

I still say Tim Burke was the worst head coach this team has ever had.

I probably would agree with you.. With Kelly and Reinbold it at least looked like they gave a **** about winning and didnt have the droopy dog face five minutes into a game.

and at least they could get players to play for them. No one put in any effort for the bus driver Burke. 

I expect a tough, close and intense game in Saskatchewan.  I think our team this year is going to be difficult to play against.  I have a feeling that our 3 match-ups against the Riders will be some of our best games on the season, after what happened last year.  We might not go 3-0, but I wouldn't be afraid to say that we will go 2-1.  MOS will not let the boys forget last season.  I cant wait!

The last season opener in Regina was in 2005 I believe, and the game was delayed due to some cataclysmic downpour.  Then the Riders took the opening kick-off back for a TD.  First play of the season.  It was all downhill from there. What a crappy season that was.

I was there.  

Burke was the worst by far. No skills at all to be a head coach. Some guys are terrible in a few areas, he was in every way imaginable.

And this is why, even though I'll defend Joe Mack in a lot of areas, I will always say his greatest flaw was hiring coaches...

Burke was the worst by far. No skills at all to be a head coach. Some guys are terrible in a few areas, he was in every way imaginable.

And this is why, even though I'll defend Joe Mack in a lot of areas, I will always say his greatest flaw was hiring coaches...
Mack hired coaches based on their technical abilities, not on the ability to lead men.

I expect a tough, close and intense game in Saskatchewan.  I think our team this year is going to be difficult to play against.  I have a feeling that our 3 match-ups against the Riders will be some of our best games on the season, after what happened last year.  We might not go 3-0, but I wouldn't be afraid to say that we will go 2-1.  MOS will not let the boys forget last season.  I cant wait!

I figure it's going to come down to Willy and the performance he puts out.  If he hasn't progressed beyond last year you can mark it up as 0-1.

I expect a tough, close and intense game in Saskatchewan. I think our team this year is going to be difficult to play against. I have a feeling that our 3 match-ups against the Riders will be some of our best games on the season, after what happened last year. We might not go 3-0, but I wouldn't be afraid to say that we will go 2-1. MOS will not let the boys forget last season. I cant wait!

I figure it's going to come down to Willy and the performance he puts out. If he hasn't progressed beyond last year you can mark it up as 0-1.

I thought Willy played well in last years LDC.

I expect a tough, close and intense game in Saskatchewan. I think our team this year is going to be difficult to play against. I have a feeling that our 3 match-ups against the Riders will be some of our best games on the season, after what happened last year. We might not go 3-0, but I wouldn't be afraid to say that we will go 2-1. MOS will not let the boys forget last season. I cant wait!

I figure it's going to come down to Willy and the performance he puts out. If he hasn't progressed beyond last year you can mark it up as 0-1.

Bombers lost all 3 games to the R.R. so he didn't play well enough to beat them.

Bombers lost all 3 games to the R.R. so he didn't play well enough to beat them.

We also couldn't stop the run. Did realize Drew played on the DL.

The last season opener in Regina was in 2005 I believe, and the game was delayed due to some cataclysmic downpour.  Then the Riders took the opening kick-off back for a TD.  First play of the season.  It was all downhill from there. What a crappy season that was.

oh god why did you have to bring that game up ! im having nightmares of it now for sure...

We also couldn't stop the run. Did realize Drew played on the DL.

Glad someone has a memory. Sask ran all over us last year. We owned them tho but couldn't stop the run if our life depended on it. That etch a sketch d really was awful

Labour Day Willy played pretty well, trouble was that the D left the game early and gave up a ton late to piss it away. Game one vs. the riders absolutely Willy wasn't good enough. The turnovers killed them. I don't really remember what happened in the Banjo Bowl so I won't comment on that. 

Labour Day Willy played pretty well, trouble was that the D left the game early and gave up a ton late to piss it away. Game one vs. the riders absolutely Willy wasn't good enough. The turnovers killed them. I don't really remember what happened in the Banjo Bowl so I won't comment on that. 

I was at the Banjo Bowl. Willy played pretty good. Tossed for over 300+ yards and a couple TDs. But at the end of the game Willy choked and threw a pretty poor interception on the last drive. He was clearly trying to force it and do too much.

Excuse my ignorance but a lot of people say Droopy is too slow at reading the D. Is that something that usually comes quicker with experience?

I was at the Banjo Bowl. Willy played pretty good. Tossed for over 300+ yards and a couple TDs. But at the end of the game Willy choked and threw a pretty poor interception on the last drive. He was clearly trying to force it and do too much.

Excuse my ignorance but a lot of people say Droopy is too slow at reading the D. Is that something that usually comes quicker with experience?

That was the first game in August

No I remember it now, There was definitely at least one ball late in the Banjo Bowl that Willy tried to force that was turned over. 

as far as getting quicker at throwing, I think players can definitely improve that aspect, but Willy to me seems to be the kind of guy that likes to use every second that you give him. You give him more time he'll just take that time. Coaches will likely have to convince him that he needs to make a conscious effort to be quicker. 

Yeah but he was forcing those balls because the D had given up TD after TD of run games; I also remember that Washington bobbled the ball into rider hands for a TD.  Sure there was an interception near the end but I don't think that forced play would have happened if Washington didn't bobble that ball directly into rider hands at the beginning of the game.  Was it beginning of the game or just after half time I think it was like almost the first or second play of the game.