Addison Richards signs with the Bombers?

The concerning thing about Richards, as someone posted on draft night, is that he can only run about 2 routes. He will have to learn something like 85% of the route tree still. I don't know enough about playing football professionally to know exactly how hard that is, but someone was saying on draft night that this kid is a bit of a one trick pony...

Depends where he lines up eventually. If he has the size to play wideout then he'll most likely ever only play on one side of the field, reducing the number of routes on the tree by 50%. And it's not like every team uses a zillion different routes, I can't see him learning (or knowing) being that big of an issue.

Coryell_Route_Tree_medium.jpg

Just gives you an idea.

The concerning thing about Richards, as someone posted on draft night, is that he can only run about 2 routes. He will have to learn something like 85% of the route tree still. I don't know enough about playing football professionally to know exactly how hard that is, but someone was saying on draft night that this kid is a bit of a one trick pony...

Depends where he lines up eventually. If he has the size to play wideout then he'll most likely ever only play on one side of the field, reducing the number of routes on the tree by 50%. And it's not like every team uses a zillion different routes, I can't see him learning (or knowing) being that big of an issue.

Just gives you an idea.

Very cool...thanks for sharing!

Just gives you an idea.

Where were you when Mike Kelly was coaching....

Just gives you an idea.

Haha.. well.. there's a reason why coordinators usually stick to the script, right? ;)

Will be interesting to see how Richards adapts and how he ends up being used.  Sounds like they want him to be a slot eventually, so he's going to have a steep learning curve as he was a guy who ran a lot of isolation routes at Regina, run by someone, get up and get the ball over someone, kind of routes that left him 1 on 1 with someone on the outside that he could beat physically.  Now he's going to be running a lot more routes in conjunction with the other receivers, clearing space for other guys and learning how to find space cleared for him and he's not going to be able to beat guys with just size and speed.  I'm not expecting much from him this season, he's in the Anthony Parker, Jade Etienne mold.

Will be interesting to see how Richards adapts and how he ends up being used.  Sounds like they want him to be a slot eventually, so he's going to have a steep learning curve as he was a guy who ran a lot of isolation routes at Regina, run by someone, get up and get the ball over someone, kind of routes that left him 1 on 1 with someone on the outside that he could beat physically.  Now he's going to be running a lot more routes in conjunction with the other receivers, clearing space for other guys and learning how to find space cleared for him and he's not going to be able to beat guys with just size and speed.  I'm not expecting much from him this season, he's in the Anthony Parker, Jade Etienne mold.

^^^ It was JBR....couldn't remember who it was talking about Richards receiving ability and the route tree and blah blah...but it was JBR....

Just gives you an idea.

I couldn't help but notice the jet sweep is not listed here...

Just gives you an idea.

I couldn't help but notice the jet sweep is not listed here...

That happened against Anaheim, only it was reversed.

It generated discussion, your whining has done what exactly?

The discussion was about how stupid your comment was. If that's what you were going for it worked.

Why am I only allowed to give this one "like"?  Why isn't there a "superlike"?

This forum needs to be overthrown, with a new puppet dictatorship put in place.  The literal kind.  Puppets are hellafun.

creepy-puppets-o.gif

It generated discussion, your whining has done what exactly?

The discussion was about how stupid your comment was. If that's what you were going for it worked.

Why am I only allowed to give this one "like"?  Why isn't there a "superlike"?

This forum needs to be overthrown, with a new puppet dictatorship put in place.  The literal kind.  Puppets are hellafun.

creepy-puppets-o.gif