2015 Expectations

Hey Everyone!

I for one am excited for the upcoming 2015 season.  I'm anxiously awaiting kickoff.   I want to point out that I am thrilled with all the work that Walters has done in trying to rebuild this team from laughing stock to respectability.  I'm curious to know what people's expectations for the 2015 season are.  Last year was a good year, and there will be lots to build off.   Does anyone think it's possible we can be playing for the Grey Cup in our backyard?    I realize that in a 9-team league, the Bombers could go to the dance, but I'm wondering would that pressure hurt or help the Bombers this year?

Personally with all the new personnel in place, and all the new acquisitions, I thinking we'll be a .500 team this year.    There's a lot to be said about chemistry tjos year and with so many new faces, I think it'll take us 2-3 games before we get to see what the Bombers are made of.  I like the additions of the o-line, and they should defintiely keep Willy on his feet... but I hope Wiily starts getting rid of the ball a bit quicker and learsn to throw balls away.  I'd rather see a ball thrown out of bounds, then him getting sacked trying to make a play.

Anyways lets hear your thoughts Bomber fans?   What's going to be our achilles heel this year?   What will be our biggest strength?

Cheers!  I can't wait for kickoff!

Hey Everyone!

I for one am excited for the upcoming 2015 season.  I'm anxiously awaiting kickoff...     Last year was a good year, and there will be lots to build off. ..  

Cheers!  I can't wait for kickoff!

Clearly, you are, and no it wasn't.

This off-season, Walters has done some good work, on paper.  How it pans out has yet to be seen.  I'm hoping that we're a little better than 9-9, but we've been disappointed before.  And even though it would be really cool to see the Bombers play in the GC in Winnipeg, I don't see it happening.  

I'm happy that we're getting back to football, but colour me cautious leaning towards jaded.

For me, I expect the opposite of what happened last year to happen this year. I expect a slower start with chemistry slowly progressing as the year goes along. 
New o-line, linebackers, a couple of new receivers, all this stuff takes time. I think expectations should always be a home playoff game. Our new management doesn't seem to accept failure as an option, and I don't think anyone is just happy making playoffs. It's piss or get off the pot time.

Expectation: fall a little short of home playoff game, but end 9-9

A) I expect them to have improved in making professional football decisions.

I expect that because of better roster depth, and an upgrade to several starting positions, that a) will have been made easier.

Definitely contend for a playoff position.

Definitely control the official Twitter account better.

Expectation... Make the playoffs and be competitive when we get there.

Same, make the playoffs and be competitive!  I would love it if we won the Grey Cup but would also be happy that I am not shamed to wear my football gear around work.  "Surrounded by Sask, Esk and Stamp fans"

Play-offs.

I expect our OL to be settled and to come toegther as a solid unit. Goosen/Chungh pushing for starting jobs, of course, but for us to not be rotating through a new RT every week.

I expect that cohesion to become a more consistant running game and significantly fewer sacks for Drew.

I expect Drew to throw more TDs than INTs.

I expect to have a top 4 Defence that puts pressure on the opposing QB.

I expect a heated argument at the end of the season when discussing our nomination for Most OUtstanding Canadian.