CFL Supplemental Draft

All this comaring this guy to Poblah is driving me nuts. The similarities end with them both being supplemental draft picks. Why compare a LB to a WR drafted 4 years apart by different regimes? May as well compare Waggoner to Jeremy O'Day and Noel Prefontaine while we're at it.

I am afraid of giving up first round picks because of the stigma attached with it but it isn't as if we just gave the pick away. This guy has the potential to be something special and even if we crap the bed and end up with a top 2-3 pick but this guy is is even a halfway decent NI starter at WIL, I'll be more than content.

I agree with your assessment.

The part that sells me on the whole Waggoner story the most is that we put one over on Wally B.  Just the fact that he's sitting in Vancouver or Kamloops right now steaming away that the Bombers pulled one over on him is gratifying to say the least.  Especially after all the years of watching the Bombers screw the pooch as rival GM's grabbed guys like Westerman and Mike Reilly right out from under our noses.

All this comaring this guy to Poblah is driving me nuts. The similarities end with them both being supplemental draft picks. Why compare a LB to a WR drafted 4 years apart by different regimes? May as well compare Waggoner to Jeremy O'Day and Noel Prefontaine while we're at it.

I am afraid of giving up first round picks because of the stigma attached with it but it isn't as if we just gave the pick away. This guy has the potential to be something special and even if we crap the bed and end up with a top 2-3 pick but this guy is is even a halfway decent NI starter at WIL, I'll be more than content.

I agree with your assessment.

The part that sells me on the whole Waggoner story the most is that we put one over on Wally B.  Just the fact that he's sitting in Vancouver or Kamloops right now steaming away that the Bombers pulled one over on him is gratifying to say the least.  Especially after all the years of watching the Bombers screw the pooch as rival GM's grabbed guys like Westerman and Mike Reilly right out from under our noses.

... we didn't pull anything over on anyone.

... we didn't pull anything over on anyone.

All right fine.  Semantics.  Wally wanted a guy, had him in the bag, and thanks to fortune and circumstance, that guy became available, and we got him, not Wally.  And as Mr. Dee says, that makes me smile.  A lot.

todays fp article by ed tait says nick moore, who works out with waggoner in florida, was already in his ear.  Article says Winnipeg and Bombers, but i wonder how long ago this was exactly and if BC, moore's previous team, was in fact the name being thrown around. would explain also why BC had him on neg list

todays fp article by ed tait says nick moore, who works out with waggoner in florida, was already in his ear. Article says Winnipeg and Bombers, but i wonder how long ago this was exactly and if BC, moore's previous team, was in fact the name being thrown around. would explain also why BC had him on neg list

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

todays fp article by ed tait says nick moore, who works out with waggoner in florida, was already in his ear. Article says Winnipeg and Bombers, but i wonder how long ago this was exactly and if BC, moore's previous team, was in fact the name being thrown around. would explain also why BC had him on neg list

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

That nick Moore was selling wagoneer on BC and the cfl a while ago... No evidence to support said theory but he has trained with him at some point..

Just out of curiosity whether or not BCs scouts found this diamond or if he was previously mentioned by a fellow lion player (at the time) to take a flyer out on him. Not discrediting that teams didnt go after him yesterday, but if his initial appeal was based on his own talents turning heads or that heads were turned to his direction.

In any case the article said Moore was already telling him hed be a bomber, he gonna come to winnipeg prior to the supp. draft.  odd.

Just out of curiosity whether or not BCs scouts found this diamond or if he was previously mentioned by a fellow lion player (at the time) to take a flyer out on him. Not discrediting that teams didnt go after him yesterday, but if his initial appeal was based on his own talents turning heads or that heads were turned to his direction.

In any case the article said Moore was already telling him hed be a bomber, he gonna come to winnipeg prior to the supp. draft.  odd.

What is odd about that?

So to clarify.... you're suggesting that our scouting department and GM don't know what they're doing and are using a first round pick on a guy based on Nick Moore's recommendation?... Also that Ed Tait/Waggoner lied in the article and Moore was actually recruiting him to play in BC?...

Bolded statement also doesn't make any sense... the article from the BC Province said 4 teams offered a 1st round pick for him... sounds to me like other teams did, in fact, go after him...

todays fp article by ed tait says nick moore, who works out with waggoner in florida, was already in his ear.  Article says Winnipeg and Bombers, but i wonder how long ago this was exactly and if BC, moore's previous team, was in fact the name being thrown around. would explain also why BC had him on neg list

bd8b40f6104828a3ba1c55f49560df16a95f3658

In fairness, re: Poblah, Duane Forde said (at the time) that he was a 1st-Overall-Level pick.....

So did Tillman.

Everyone had him rated as a top draft pick if he had been in the draft. Just goes to show the uncertainty of scouting and why draft lists shouldn't be taken as gospel. 

I think that what he's saying is that someone noticed something about someone at some point.  The end result made Kelownabomberfan happy.

I think its great that somebody said something about somebody noticing somebody and somebody noticed somebody saying something and that somebody else is happy. That is some good times right there.