CFL 2015 League Standings Predictions

Here's my predictions for the league standings this year:

West:
1. Edmonton
2. Calgary
3. Winnipeg
4. Saskatchewan
5. BC

In the West, I still see Calgary and Edmonton as the two elite teams in the CFL, but the Stamps took a hit on their OL losing Bryant and Jones.  I see the Bombers and Riders as very close in the mid-tier, but with the Riders trending downwards and the Bombers upwards, I ranked the Bombers higher.  BC to me looks like a rebuilding year this season and I expect there to be some growing pains for the Lions.  Unfortunately, it looks like Lulay is one hit away from his career being over.  I've got Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan all making the playoffs. 

East:
1. Hamilton
2. Montreal
3. Ottawa
4. Toronto

The East to me is a little more unpredictable.  I see Hamilton as the cream of the crop, but after that its tough.  Montreal looks good on paper, but they are old and lost Jeff Garcia, who I think had a big impact on the offense last year.  Ottawa lost several games last year because of dropped passes, and they have significantly upgraded their WRs this offseason, so I see Ottawa improving, but still missing the playoffs.  With Ricky Ray possibly starting the year on the IR and the Argos losing a few pieces in FA and not making any significant upgrades, I see it being a tough year for Argos fans this year.  Tim Burke's defense isn't what it once was either.  In the East I only see the Ticats and Als making the playoffs.   

Post your predictions.

West:
1. Calgary
2. Edmonton
3. Winnipeg
4. Saskatchewan
5. BC

East:
1. Hamilton
2. Montreal
3. Toronto
4. Ottawa

​I think it will be close between us and Saskatchewan, but I'm hoping that with our new and improved D (getting rid of Etch was a perfect example of addition by subtraction) and a more stable O line, we'll might actually win 2 of 3 against them.

With the limited knowledge we have at the moment.  My wild ass guess is:

West:

1. Calgary - Still the best team in the league
2. Edmonton - Close to Calgary

3. Saskatchewan - Durant makes a huge difference, but that O line ain't the same anymore.

4. BC - I trust Wally, but don't think Lulay will play enough games to move them up the standings.
5. Winnipeg - Better O line won't make enough difference to our standings.

(1 and 2 are the class of the league.  3 through 5 could go in any order)

East:

1. Hamilton - Looked great in the second half of '14 but will miss some of the already injured players.
2. Montreal - Great D, O does just enough to get the wins.  Could flipflop with Hamilton
3. Toronto - Ray doesn't look to be ready at the beginning of the year will put them behind the eight ball.
4. Ottawa - Burris + Receivers = Offensive prowess.  Could easily leapfrog Toronto for the last play off spot.

Here's my predictions for the league standings this year:

West:

1. Edmonton

2. Calgary

3. Winnipeg

4. Saskatchewan

5. BC

In the West, I still see Calgary and Edmonton as the two elite teams in the CFL, but the Stamps took a hit on their OL losing Bryant and Jones.  I see the Bombers and Riders as very close in the mid-tier, but with the Riders trending downwards and the Bombers upwards, I ranked the Bombers higher.  BC to me looks like a rebuilding year this season and I expect there to be some growing pains for the Lions.  Unfortunately, it looks like Lulay is one hit away from his career being over.  I've got Edmonton, Calgary, Winnipeg and Saskatchewan all making the playoffs. 

East:

1. Hamilton

2. Montreal

3. Ottawa

4. Toronto

The East to me is a little more unpredictable.  I see Hamilton as the cream of the crop, but after that its tough.  Montreal looks good on paper, but they are old and lost Jeff Garcia, who I think had a big impact on the offense last year.  Ottawa lost several games last year because of dropped passes, and they have significantly upgraded their WRs this offseason, so I see Ottawa improving, but still missing the playoffs.  With Ricky Ray possibly starting the year on the IR and the Argos losing a few pieces in FA and not making any significant upgrades, I see it being a tough year for Argos fans this year.  Tim Burke's defense isn't what it once was either.  In the East I only see the Ticats and Als making the playoffs.   

Post your predictions.

I don't know how to disagree with this.  It's bang on with what I thought.  B.C is the wildcard in all this.  If Lulay is healthy from game 1 to game 18, they could surprise everybody.  If not, 3-15 to 6-12 is a very likely result

East : Its Hamilton's to lose.

MTL - In HAMs rear view mirror but Al's defense will keep division honest. Loss of Carter is huge as he and Green made QB look good. Now rest of league's defenses will have less to worry about - and it will show. 

OTT- Feel good story this year. Lots of scoring but defense will be achilles heel and let them down at crunch time.

TOR- If Ray cant go...

West- CAL is cream of the crop until further notice.

SSK - Dubious O-line but defense will keep them in the top three. Will love to hear the excuses now that Cortez was greyhound-ed

WPG/EDM -Will duke it out all year with SSK too - horserace..

BC - Lulay health means everything.

CAL/WPG  emerge from west.

HAM/ MTL - again.

HAM / WPG - Grey Cup.

MTL - In HAMs rear view mirror but Al's defense will keep division honest. Loss of Carter is huge as he and Green made QB look good. Now rest of league's defenses will have less to worry about - and it will show. 

OTT- Feel good story this year. Lots of scoring but defense will be achilles heel and let them down at crunch time.

TOR- If Ray cant go...

SSK - Dubious O-line but defense will keep them in the top three. Will love to hear the excuses now that Cortez was greyhound-ed

HAM/ MTL - again.

HAM / WPG - Grey Cup.

Lulay will be a factor but not the biggest one by any means (same in Toronto with Ray)

BC has problems, maybe big ones

Kevin Glenn could have taken a real team somewhere

TOR- If Ray cant go...

HAM/ MTL - again.

HAM / WPG - Grey Cup.

*disclaimer: I have the right to change my opinion after training camp

East:

Hamilton: I don't think it will be close

Ottawa: I thought they had a respectable D last year that was just completely abandoned by their O. That should be fixed, or at least improved, this season

Montreal: I think that team's that relied on their D last season will be in trouble with the new rules.

Toronto: This will be the beginning of the Trevor Harris era in TO.

West:

Calgary: Not as good as last season, but still finish first

Edmonton: Will be interesting to see how their D does with the new rules. I think they have more talent on D that Montreal, so they should be less affected by the rules

Winnipeg: Improved OL and running game will make us an above .500 team and in the playoffs

Sask: OL took some hits. Not sure what kind of running game they'll have, and they're relying on a lot of injury prone Canadians to stay healthy

BC: need Lulay to stay healthy or they're hooped. He probably won't stay healthy...

Here's my take (as  of right now. might still change it prior to the start of the season)

West

1. Stamps  12-6

2. Esks  11-7

3. Bombers  10-8

4. Riders  9-9

5. Lions  7-11

East

1. Ti-cats  11-7

2. Als  10-8 

3. RedBlacks  7-11

4. Argos  4-14