CFL Draft needs

Childress

Yeah I think it's likely we see a trade also, Walters in his Press Conference basically said there is 1 top pick in the draft, 1 consesus number 1, Now that might have been Covington or it might even have been Mateas, With Covington being NFL bound and Ottawa apparently taking Mateas.. It leads me to believe that a trade may very well happen cuz Walters spoke of that 1 player who he feels is number 1 and then talked about the 5 or 6 Oline guys who are in a bunch. I think a trade is likely but I don't see them trading it for 2nd rounders, or even late 1sts, I see them moving it for lets say to BC for their 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. Hamilton i think is too far down, If they trade it, it will be to a team picking in the top 5 i think and it will involve that teams first and 2nd round picks. If nobody wants to pay that, I see them taking, well, any number of those 5 or 6 oline guys walters spoke of (he spoke of mateas, groulx,chungh,lavoie and obviously there are 2 others in Ruby and McEwen)

Possible Trades

2 to Toronto for 3 and 2nd rounder

2 to BC for 1st and 2nd rounder (man be nice if we could snag the other westerman instead of that 2nd tho)

2 to Montreal for 1st and 2nd rounder

I think teams below that would have to blow the bombers doors off with an offer. 

Yeah I think it's likely we see a trade also, Walters in his Press Conference basically said there is 1 top pick in the draft, 1 consesus number 1, Now that might have been Covington or it might even have been Mateas, With Covington being NFL bound and Ottawa apparently taking Mateas.. It leads me to believe that a trade may very well happen cuz Walters spoke of that 1 player who he feels is number 1 and then talked about the 5 or 6 Oline guys who are in a bunch. I think a trade is likely but I don't see them trading it for 2nd rounders, or even late 1sts, I see them moving it for lets say to BC for their 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. Hamilton i think is too far down, If they trade it, it will be to a team picking in the top 5 i think and it will involve that teams first and 2nd round picks. If nobody wants to pay that, I see them taking, well, any number of those 5 or 6 oline guys walters spoke of (he spoke of mateas, groulx,chungh,lavoie) 

That's not what Walters said. He said there is one guy they have as the consensus number one player on THEIR board. There's nothing to suggest that means Ottawa has the same guy in mind.

Will they be streaming it online for everyone or just ones that pay for a TSN approved cable company?

I think they would be smart to stream it for free on TSN.CA after last years debacle, altho if i remember correctly, last years draft was kind of a gong show even on TV. Cohon only made the first pick then took off, nowhere to be seen after the panel asked him about the CBA. 

Will they be streaming it online for everyone or just ones that pay for a TSN approved cable company?

I think they would be smart to stream it for free on TSN.CA after last years debacle, altho if i remember correctly, last years draft was kind of a gong show even on TV. Cohon only made the first pick then took off, nowhere to be seen after the panel asked him about the CBA.

They would be smart to offer it for free since the CFL needs all the exposure it can get, but TSN is also ridiculous about locking everything down now for Bell and Rogers to make their money.

Yeah, I've noticed that and last year was ridiculous, they took tons of heat too for it so i'm not sure they want that to be repeated this year. Gut feeling tells me it's free but because Rogers and Bell are such money hungry lower body parts, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. 

Yeah I think it's likely we see a trade also, Walters in his Press Conference basically said there is 1 top pick in the draft, 1 consesus number 1, Now that might have been Covington or it might even have been Mateas, With Covington being NFL bound and Ottawa apparently taking Mateas.. It leads me to believe that a trade may very well happen cuz Walters spoke of that 1 player who he feels is number 1 and then talked about the 5 or 6 Oline guys who are in a bunch. I think a trade is likely but I don't see them trading it for 2nd rounders, or even late 1sts, I see them moving it for lets say to BC for their 1st rounder and 2nd rounder. Hamilton i think is too far down, If they trade it, it will be to a team picking in the top 5 i think and it will involve that teams first and 2nd round picks. If nobody wants to pay that, I see them taking, well, any number of those 5 or 6 oline guys walters spoke of (he spoke of mateas, groulx,chungh,lavoie and obviously there are 2 others in Ruby and McEwen)

Possible Trades

2 to BC for 1st and 2nd rounder (man be nice if we could snag the other westerman instead of that 2nd tho)

I think teams below that would have to blow the bombers doors off with an offer. 

#2 + rights to Bilukidi or Mulumba for BC #5 and Westerman. :D

Possible Trades

#2 + rights to Bilukidi or Mulumba for BC #5 and Westerman. :D

Hard not to think we'd be stretching our financial limits at least a little bit with a move like that but it would be funny to see JAB Westerman and JAM Westerman on the back of the jerseys.

No trades Bombers first 3 picks

2.Chung

11. Demski

15. Bodanis 

Honestly, Don't see the need to take a Canadian RB like SHAQ, i just don't see the point really, yeah he's a good player but i think he's more suited to a team like BC or Calgary who already starts a Canadian  RB. 

If we take Chung... I wonder if that puts Greaves on notice...

Greaves ? I would think if anyone Neufeld would be on notice, however I don't see any OL coming in and taking a starting spot out of TC except for the unknown ( Injuries , trades )

Personally I think it is pointless to take an OL at #2 they will just sit this year a possibly next year as well.

Greaves ? I would think if anyone Neufeld would be on notice, however I don't see any OL coming in and taking a starting spot out of TC except for the unknown ( Injuries , trades )

Personally I think it is pointless to take an OL at #2 they will just sit this year a possibly next year as well.

All I'm saying is if Greaves and Neufeld are being challenged for their spots by Goossen and Chung... that's a very good thing... I think we can all agree on that...

Chungh at #2, Shaq-Lawrence at #11 and Harty at #15.

If there's a situation where we don't get Demski, that's got to be close to my favorite one.

If we don't get Demski at 11 I could live with that. I have a feeling though that one of the top 3 picks will be a defensive player and pretty sure Walters wants a WR too in the top 3.

Well, Moving forward if we go OL at 2

I think that Quinn Everett could be a sleeper or steal really, Think he showed well this past season playing CIS, i see the bombers taking another OL like him later in the draft, guy that can go back to school for a year, maybe Bodanis is that guy.. hard to say but...  if you look at the Canadian talent on the OLINE

We got the Vet Center Picard and his student let's say, Center in training Goossen, (think he's the 6th OL this year)

at Guard we got Greaves, we got Neufeld, Everett and Griffiths. I think Everett could surprise some people but Griffiths i think might just be TCF really... 

4 guys really competing for 2 spots let's say... Let's say we take OL at 2... i think it's likely Griffiths is let go or if they think he can play immediately, then I could see one of Neufeld ( i think he's more likely) or Greaves (less likely) being traded... possibly even at the draft. 

All I'm saying is if Greaves and Neufeld are being challenged for their spots by Goossen and Chung... that's a very good thing... I think we can all agree on that...

Agreed 100%. Except for maybe Willy, no player should ever be comfortable with their roster spot.

Also agree if we don't get Demski I wouldn't be too concerned or bothered.

Let him cut his teeth and develop for 2 years elsewhere, and if he looks like he is panning out and becoming a legit Canadian star, well pretty sure in free agency we can get him to come home and be the hometown star.