Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

16 hours ago, iHeart said:

ARE TOY SALES SERIOUSLY DOWN? I'm cool with a Zootopia sequel but come on where do you go from there after Woody leaves the toys and Elsa gives up the throne because nature reasons

https://deadline.com/2023/02/frozen-toy-story-zootopia-sequels-in-the-works-bob-iger-disney-earnings-1235253824/

After watching Strangeworld and reading the massive backlash behind it,  I can see why Disney is going back to the formula that has brought them success all of these years.  

Also has a parent of two girls... Frozen still is massive with the young girls.  They all want to be Anna/Elsa and still will sing the Let it Go song.      

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

After watching Strangeworld and reading the massive backlash behind it,  I can see why Disney is going back to the formula that has brought them success all of these years.  

Also has a parent of two girls... Frozen still is massive with the young girls.  They all want to be Anna/Elsa and still will sing the Let it Go song.      

Yeah but my issue is they ended two of those films as ways to say we aren't going to make another one of these by the time frozen 3 and Toy Story 5 are released Strange World will probably find a following as most WDAS films have (but at least they didn't announce Cars 4 I would rather have had Incredibles 3)

19 hours ago, iHeart said:

Yeah but my issue is they ended two of those films as ways to say we aren't going to make another one of these by the time frozen 3 and Toy Story 5 are released Strange World will probably find a following as most WDAS films have (but at least they didn't announce Cars 4 I would rather have had Incredibles 3)

IMO Toy Story 4 tarnished the reputation of the series. The third instalment was a perfect way to end things. Now to go to 5 when 4 was a let down will almost certainly hurt it more rather than redeem the overall arc if movie history means anything (you can guess I have little hope for Indiana Jones 5 as well). 

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

10 hours ago, iHeart said:

A thing to remember is that their is a continual new fan base of kids that are introduced to these series.   My 6 year old is just now getting into watching movies ,  so for her Toy Story 5 would be fresh and new and exciting.  

Toy Story also is a good franchise that has lots of endearing personalities (the toys) and lots of stimulating and interesting scenarios or characters that kids can relate with. 

Strangeworld at least in today's day and age would really struggle to ever finding a large audience.   The characters were extremely generic and bland and many of them were unlikable.  The story really had nothing unique ,  it didn't have any music numbers,  really no characters that most kids could relate with,  and the plot was confusing (for a kid).   The cherry on the top was them really shoe horning the 15 year old son being flamboyantly gay and falling over himself over another boy which was completely unnecessary for the plot and that alone killed any chance of the movie having financial success.  I don't think it even played in China/Russia and it most certainly turned many parents in North America away from taking the family to see it.   

I think the recent shake up at Disney and with the most recent news it appears that they are going to go back to what worked and cool off with catering to the "woke" crowd.  

I'm sure that they will however do all experimentation on Disney Plus with movies/shows that won't lose them 200 million plus like Strangeworld did.  

19 hours ago, Brandon said:

A thing to remember is that their is a continual new fan base of kids that are introduced to these series.   My 6 year old is just now getting into watching movies ,  so for her Toy Story 5 would be fresh and new and exciting.  

Toy Story also is a good franchise that has lots of endearing personalities (the toys) and lots of stimulating and interesting scenarios or characters that kids can relate with. 

Strangeworld at least in today's day and age would really struggle to ever finding a large audience.   The characters were extremely generic and bland and many of them were unlikable.  The story really had nothing unique ,  it didn't have any music numbers,  really no characters that most kids could relate with,  and the plot was confusing (for a kid).   The cherry on the top was them really shoe horning the 15 year old son being flamboyantly gay and falling over himself over another boy which was completely unnecessary for the plot and that alone killed any chance of the movie having financial success.  I don't think it even played in China/Russia and it most certainly turned many parents in North America away from taking the family to see it.   

I think the recent shake up at Disney and with the most recent news it appears that they are going to go back to what worked and cool off with catering to the "woke" crowd.  

I'm sure that they will however do all experimentation on Disney Plus with movies/shows that won't lose them 200 million plus like Strangeworld did.  

Its not about creativity- its all about profit and tie-ins for that.

Bruce Willis Diagnosed With Frontotemporal Dementia, Family Says

Actor Bruce Willis has been diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia, his family said in a statement Thursday.

The 67-year-old “Die Hard” star was diagnosed with the disease, also known as FTD, after his prior diagnosis of aphasia progressed, his family said.

“Unfortunately, challenges with communication are just one symptom of the disease Bruce faces. While this is painful, it is a relief to finally have a clear diagnosis,” read the statement shared by his ex-wife, Demi Moore, and posted on a website for The Association for Frontotemporal Degeneration.

The statement was attributed to Willis’ wife, Emma Heming Willis; Moore; and Willis’ daughters Rumer, Scout, Tallulah, Mabel and Evelyn