Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

9 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He was nearly indiscernible as Penguin in the newest Batman.....did a great job in that. 

Great makeup job. Have to think its award worthy this season. See how it holds up for the tv show which has a couple of scripts in but yet to shoot. 

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

On 2022-10-25 at 9:03 AM, Noeller said:

I'm definitely intrigued by this because I love Brendan Gleeson, and apparently Colin Ferrell is not so bad in this.... I've never actually seen In Bruges, but because of this, I watched the trailer for it and really want to see it. These two just seem to legitimately enjoy working together...

"In Bruges" is hilarious, gained much respect for Colin Farrell as an actor after watching that movie.

1 hour ago, Fatty Liver said:

"In Bruges" is hilarious, gained much respect for Colin Farrell as an actor after watching that movie.

one of these nights I'm going to fire it up, for sure. For anyone that hasn't seen it yet, if you like Gleeson, check out The Grand Seduction (featuring every working actor in Newfoundland, and then some...) which is just absolutely fabulous. It does for the province of Newfoundland and Labrador what "One Week" (Josh Jackson) does for Western Canada. It's a love letter....

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Just saw Don’t Worry Darling. Thought it was great near brilliant but not for everyone. 

I would call it an artsy version of…

Reveal hidden contents

The Stepford Wives

And probably the end of the director's career as a director. Many, many problems on set due to Ms. Wilde's behaviours and the film is not doing well at the theatres.

On 2022-10-25 at 10:51 AM, Wideleft said:

The reviews are (not surprisingly) fantastic.  Still no Winnipeg showtimes that I can find.  From the guy who brought us In Bruges, Seven Psychopaths and 3 Billboards....:

Can't wait!

Not sure if it's been mentioned but this is now playing in Winnipeg (Grant Park & Polo Park).

Watched all quiet on the western front this weekend. Great movie. I love World War One based movies. It was well done. Didn’t glorify war, showed the true horrors, I was very uncomfortable the whole movie watching it, like a sense of dread. I never read the original novel nor saw the first two adaptations so I can’t talk about how faithful it was to the source material however as a stand-alone war movie I thought it was great. 9/10

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Watched all quiet on the western front this weekend. Great movie. I love World War One based movies. It was well done. Didn’t glorify war, showed the true horrors, I was very uncomfortable the whole movie watching it, like a sense of dread. I never read the original novel nor saw the first two adaptations so I can’t talk about how faithful it was to the source material however as a stand-alone war movie I thought it was great. 9/10

Hemingway meant this to be his personal opposition to war after seeing the senseless slaughter in WW1 and was pilloried by many for it, but the book and movie still stand the test of time very well.

22 hours ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

Then it captured the novel very, very well.  Haven't read the book since my school days, but I also remember that I got used to the violence and horror depicted in the latter stages of the story and thought that probably added to its realism.

This is definitely on my watchlist.

Edited by Wideleft

Chris Hemsworth Taking Time Off After Finding Out Alzheimer’s Predisposition

‘JUST SIMPLIFY’

Published Nov. 18, 2022 3:08PM ET 

GettyImages-1244851656_mlnji9

Jason Howard/Bauer-Griffin/GC Images

Chris Hemsworth is taking time off from his career in light of discovering he’s predisposed to Alzheimer’s disease. Hemsworth plans to begin his hiatus after he wraps the press tour for his Disney+ docuseries series Limitless. The 39-year-old Thor actor’s grandfather has Alzheimer’s, leading him to discover his own predisposition during the filming of the show. “Now when I finish this tour this week, I’m going home and I’m going to have a good chunk of time off and just simplify,” he said. “Be with the kids, be with my wife.” Hemsworth said he hopes his announcement helps others take a step back and take better care of themselves