Fan Forum

MTA

I really don't see why they would release Morley. He can play a number of different positions on the o-line so good to have as a 6th o-lineman.

Salary cap concerns would be the reason they might release him.

I really don't see why they would release Morley. He can play a number of different positions on the o-line so good to have as a 6th o-lineman.

Salary cap concerns would be the reason they might release him.

Salary is about the only reason they couldn't trade Morely but if he is released I believe he will be scooped up as there are many teams that could use his depth.  I hope he can remain a Bomber till the end, he has served them well.

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the Bombers Fan Forum last night and here’s a quick summary of the highlights:

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions.  This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned.  I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too  long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year.  Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum.  That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers.  He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season. 
  • O’Shea said there will be an open competition at every position this year, except for QB; Drew Willy is the starter.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year.  Said fans will pleased with the run game this year. 
  • Walters and O’Shea said they talk a lot about bringing a Grey Cup to the fans in Winnipeg.    
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense.  Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.    

Dude, you're reading way too much into that. 

Good call.

There are 2 hours of time people won't get back. Did they mention that the Beatles broke up there?

The Beatles broke up?????????

Say it ain't so, Joe...

When did this happen?????????

It was for the best. Ringo was carrying the other three guys and it was time he went out on his own to show who the real talent was. He's actually coming through Penticton in September, and bringing Oates from Hall and Oates and Garfunkel from Simon and Garfunkel.

Ringo had almost zero talent and a massive inferiority complex that led him to self-medicate with booze. He has five years of his life he cannot recall at all (blackout) and wasn't even on the last Beatles album. They had to bring in a sessions drummer who was well paid to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

There are 2 hours of time people won't get back. Did they mention that the Beatles broke up there?

The Beatles broke up?????????
Say it ain't so, Joe...
When did this happen?????????

It was for the best. Ringo was carrying the other three guys and it was time he went out on his own to show who the real talent was. He's actually coming through Penticton in September, and bringing Oates from Hall and Oates and Garfunkel from Simon and Garfunkel.

Ringo had almost zero talent and a massive inferiority complex that led him to self-medicate with booze. He has five years of his life he cannot recall at all (blackout) and wasn't even on the last Beatles album. They had to bring in a sessions drummer who was well paid to sign a non-disclosure agreement.

sarcasm-sign.jpg

I was at the Bombers Fan Forum last night and here’s a quick summary of the highlights:

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions. This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned. I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year. Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum. That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers. He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season.
  • O’Shea said there will be an open competition at every position this year, except for QB; Drew Willy is the starter.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year. Said fans will pleased with the run game this year.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they talk a lot about bringing a Grey Cup to the fans in Winnipeg.
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense. Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.

Good call.

Don't worry, much more of this and you're going to get all the credit and acknowledgment you desire.

Just don't be surprised when it's not the kind you were looking for.

You know that saying, "when you keep running into the same problem over and over, maybe you're the problem"?

That's you. There's a reason almost every single regular poster here has taken issue with something you've said at one point or another. Take a look around man.

I predict snow between now and December. I expect accolades when I'm proven correct. Mark my words.

I was surprised to see the I told you so on something that was on April 9 that is a dog's age in Internet time. I can just imagine someone sitting in the dark with the quote on the screen day after day mumbling "Someday I will be proven right. Everyone will know my greatness" and then he quickly wipes the drool from the keyboard. 

No offense intended.

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions.  This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned.  I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too  long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year.  Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum.  That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers.  He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season. 
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year.  Said fans will pleased with the run game this year. 
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense.  Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.    

Good call.

I'm glad for your sake, this worked out in your favour.  Kudos.

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions. This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned. I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year. Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum. That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers. He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year. Said fans will pleased with the run game this year.
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense. Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.

Good call.

Don't worry, much more of this and you're going to get all the credit and acknowledgment you desire.

Just don't be surprised when it's not the kind you were looking for.

You know that saying, "when you keep running into the same problem over and over, maybe you're the problem"?

That's you. There's a reason almost every single regular poster here has taken issue with something you've said at one point or another. Take a look around man.

Really was a "poking the sleeping bear" type post.. Begging for some type of backlash.

wasn't there talk about Morley being on the way out the door before the fan forum anyway? I swear to god....

Ok I'm predicting Drew Willy will be the starting qb out of training camp. If it happens I expect you all to pat me on the back and tell me how brilliant I am. 

wasn't there talk about Morley being on the way out the door before the fan forum anyway? I swear to god....

Ok I'm predicting Drew Willy will be the starting qb out of training camp. If it happens I expect you all to pat me on the back and tell me how brilliant I am. 

In fairness, you legitimately expect that for every word you've ever said or typed...

In fairness, you legitimately expect that for every word you've ever said or typed...

not every word....