Fan Forum

MTA

Just wondering who is going to attend the fan forum on Wednesday and what type of question you guys are going to ask. I am going to ask for sure about the Mac position and what are the plans on D this year in regards to ratio.

I was at the Bombers Fan Forum last night and here’s a quick summary of the highlights:

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions.  This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned.  I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too  long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year.  Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum.  That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers.  He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season. 
  • O’Shea said there will be an open competition at every position this year, except for QB; Drew Willy is the starter.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year.  Said fans will pleased with the run game this year. 
  • Walters and O’Shea said they talk a lot about bringing a Grey Cup to the fans in Winnipeg.    
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense.  Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.    

I was at the Bombers Fan Forum last night and here’s a quick summary of the highlights:

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions.  This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned.  I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too  long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year.  Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum.  That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers.  He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season. 
  • O’Shea said there will be an open competition at every position this year, except for QB; Drew Willy is the starter.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year.  Said fans will pleased with the run game this year. 
  • Walters and O’Shea said they talk a lot about bringing a Grey Cup to the fans in Winnipeg.    
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense.  Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.    

Dude, you're reading way too much into that. 

What I'd like to have seen is someone ask Walters 'Is Drew Willy (or some other obvious incumbent) returning to camp this year?' and when he emphatically says 'YES!!!' follow up with 'What about Steve Morley?', only to get the 'I won't talk publicly about a players future' - that would say a lot.

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions. This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned. I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year. Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum. That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers. He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year. Said fans will pleased with the run game this year.
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense. Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.
Since you're a big shot with the Bombers, do you have inside info confirming Morley will be in training camp this year? I'd love to be wrong because I think Morley still has value, but I think my assumption based on Walters response is reasonable.

• Biggest thing I took away was when O’Shea was asked what the biggest thing he learned last year he said that he needs to trust his gut more and that last year he took too long to make some decisions. This was my biggest problem with O’Shea last year and it looks like he has learned. I suspect he was referring to staying loyal to Grigsby and Kuale too long when they were hurting the team.
  • I asked Walters about Morley and whether he will be in training camp this year. Walters said he’s not going to talk about a players future in a public forum. That tells me Morley is gone.
  • I also asked Walters about the linebackers. He agreed with me that we’re a little thin on experience this year and that the free agent camps will be relied upon to produce some starting linebackers this season.
  • Walters and O’Shea said they are putting a lot more emphasis on the running game this year, and while he didn’t want to give up too many details to the Riders (first game of the year) he suggested we’d have a thunder and lightning combo at RB this year. Said fans will pleased with the run game this year.
  • I asked O'Shea about the new rules and he said they definitely favour the offense, but he understand why as fans want to see more offense. Agreed that he wouldn't be surprised to see 55-45 scores in CFL games this year.
Since you're a big shot with the Bombers, do you have inside info confirming Morley will be in training camp this year? I'd love to be wrong because I think Morley still has value, but I think my assumption based on Walters response is reasonable.

Just simply speaking as a fan who was at the forum. 

Plus if I remember correctly, your question wasn't "Will Steve Morley be at camp?" it was more elongated with a statement about the new o-line acquisitions.  Then I believe you made a statement about having to trim salary and gave Morley as an example of someone who could possibly be a casualty and wanted KW to confirm that for you.

Got to be honest here Gbill, I'm just not getting how your mind works.  Did you seriously expect Walters to answer that question?

"Well the draft is still a month off and we really won't know our full list of personnel needs until we go thru that, and normally a players future is a private conversation I have with a player, but what the hey, since you asked he can read about his future in the paper tomorrow.  After 6 seasons with this team and a decade in this league, for him to expect any amount of respect or classy treatment from this organization is just way over the top.  Who does that clown think he is?  His ass is grass.  Print it.  Weicek, Friesen - it's a contest now!  Which one of you gutter dwellers can write the most personally humiliating headline about Morley?  Winner gets a week in Mexico with my wife."

Just simply speaking as a fan who was at the forum.

Plus if I remember correctly, your question wasn't "Will Steve Morley be at camp?" it was more elongated with a statement about the new o-line acquisitions. Then I believe you made a statement about having to trim salary and gave Morley as an example of someone who could possibly be a casualty and wanted KW to confirm that for you.

Yes I gave some context, and then specifically asked whether Morley would be in camp. That's a standard way to ask a question.

Got to be honest here Gbill, I'm just not getting how your mind works. Did you seriously expect Walters to answer that question?

"Well the draft is still a month off and we really won't know our full list of personnel needs until we go thru that, and normally a players future is a private conversation I have with a player, but what the hey, since you asked he can read about his future in the paper tomorrow. After 6 seasons with this team and a decade in this league, for him to expect any amount of respect or classy treatment from this organization is just way over the top. Who does that clown think he is? His ass is grass. Print it. Weicek, Friesen - it's a contest now! Which one of you gutter dwellers can write the most personally humiliating headline about Morley? Winner gets a week in Mexico with my wife."

I wanted to hear his response. In my mind his response was clear that Morley won't be back. We will see...

And to be honest, I don't see how your mind works, in that you have such an issue with me asking that question.

I was thinking that an easy way to see if Morley is back is to wait until they announce the roster prior to training camp.  If he's on it, then he's back.  If not, then his isn't.  Not really a whole lot of sleuthing needed to solve this mystery.

I'm not sure I understand. Can you provide a diagram?

I was thinking that an easy way to see if Morley is back is to wait until they announce the roster prior to training camp. If he's on it, then he's back. If not, then his isn't. Not really a whole lot of sleuthing needed to solve this mystery.

I'm not sure I understand. Can you provide a diagram?

i prefer flow charts... provide one as well please as this is too deep to comprehend kthx