Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

So young. Was just interviewed about Hogan by several outlets very recently.

Let's also remind everyone he was a Winnipegger. Went to Windsor Park Collegiate. Trained to wrestle here and had his debut match here. Some say against Tony Condello Others say against Larry Hennig.

We negotiated to bring him in in 2002 as part of a double bill with Bret Hart. We're going to get Piper the key to the city. His schedule didn't work out unfortunately. He got the key in 2008

For many of us he's as much a part of our childhood as Hogan. And as Hogan's foil, was as responsible for the 80's wrestling boom.

Sad. RIP

Wasn't Hot Rod one of the few only to beat Hogan and was never pinned by him?  

Always an entertaining character and a fun interview to watch is with Golddust explaining about his backstreet brawl match with Piper and how Roddy really was a crazy dude in real life. 

Hogan never pinned him during their WWE feud. Piper was very smart and a rare power in that he could avoid jobs. Bret Hart considered Piper putting him over clean for the IC title the match that made him. Ironically one of the reasons Hogan left WWE was because he refused to put Hart over.

I think hogan and Piper traded victories in WCW. If I recall Piper beat Hogan via sleeper hold. I can't recall how it worked the other way.

And supposedly Hogan beat Piper back in WWE when he was Mr America

Another great Piper story is that in wcw he was so furious at Kevin Nash for no selling during a match he physically attacked him in the locker room. Which is bat **** crazy.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm assuming that those of you who watch WWE know that Stephen Amell (Oliver Queen/Arrow) will be going up against Stardust at Summer Slam. There has been a special t-shirt made for the event that is being sold by Stephen Amell through Represent. All of the proceeds will be going to Emily's House, a hospice for children in Toronto. If you want to buy one, here's the link: https://represent.com/amellstardust

Here's a picture of the shirt:

shirt.png

Solid PPV really... several good matches

Rollins beating Cena with help from Jon Stewart - very good match

Taker Lesnar was very good

Cesaro Owens was very good

The Tag Title Match was good

Amell and Neville winning was a good match

The Divas match was ok, WWE just doesn't respect the women like NXT does

Overall, 7/10

Last nights NXT show tho... 10/10

Yes, good show.  Im surprised it took them this long to treat SummerSlam like a summer WrestleMania.  In the era of the Network, they need to now.

Jon Stewart...well, he's a wrestling fan so he doesnt treat it like a joke.  Its sort of a negative to do a gimmick finish like that in such a huge match but it should garner a lot of publicity and Rollins should get the rub.  Im shocked Hunter wasnt involved.  Rollins put on a wrestling clinic last night.

Brock/Taker was good.  Didnt like the finish.  But it sets up WrestleMania.  Im not sure the fans will care as much by then but lets assume it's a retirement match and/or Hell in the Cell.

The problem with the Divas is WWE still doesnt respect women.  Which you'd think is weird since Linda McMahon was President for years and Stephanie McMahon is a Board member, Chief Brand Officer and was head of creative for years.  But Steph isnt a femminist by any stretch.  The fans wanted to cheer for the really talented women in NXT but WWE had to treat the Bella's like equals and it really brought the whole concept down.  Plus, it was AJ Lee who tweeted a criticism at Stephanie that started the so-called DIVA's Revolution, but WWE had to make it like Steph was a feminist and started it...now that its failing, they are trying to say the Bella's started the revolution.  It's silly.

Charlotte should have squashed Nikki for the Diva's title on Day One, then threw the belt in the trash saying she isnt a Diva and isnt wearing a purple butterfly belt.  And then feud with Sasha who should be tapped as the long time future Women's Champion.

Steph and Hunter are in love with Ronda Rousey but actually cant stand UFC and didnt know who Ronda was until someone introduced them.  They have no idea how to promote strong women.  And these "Team Whatever" names are lame as hell.  Sasha, Charlotte, Becky and Bailey call themselves the Four Horsewomen.  Thats what WWE should be using.  Bring in Tully's daughter, put Ric Flair and Arn Anderson with them and push the Four Horsewomen.

The finish on Lesnar/Undertaker was very confusing for me.  I didn't understand what happened until they showed the replays.  Otherwise decent match.

Cena/Rollins was good not great.  Again, finish was pretty lame.  I initially liked that springboard stunner that Cena started using a while back but it seems like he really struggles to nail it.  It looks like a tough move to pull off convincingly but it's great when he hits it.  Rollins looked great though.

I was definitely impressed with the Arrow guy but I had no idea who he was before he appeared on WWE so I didn't care that much.

Overall it was pretty underwhelming but I didn't mind seeing the New Day win the Tag titles..  However that ending was also confusing for me because I didn't know who was supposed to be legal in the ring at the time.  I'd give it a 7/10 if it was a normal PPV but I was hoping for more out of Summerslam so I give it 5/10.

You notice the subtle differences between the main roster and NXT also... 

It's pretty interesting, TUP, you can go on about HHH but NXT is his baby and I think NXT is miles better than RAW and Smackdown... 

Just little differences... Like the set-up for example, In NXT it's simple, they even darken the arena lights so the action is focused on the ring, ON the main roster, not so much... 

Less backstage skits in NXT, NXT is all about the product in the ring... It's simple, its' straight  forward and it's good. WWE main roster, they  tend to over think themselves i think.

I'd be willing to almost bet anything that if NXT went head to head with  RAW, i dunno, NXT might do a better rating. 

Also, you can tell in NXT that the promos aren't as scripted, it's not the same cookie cutter BS from the main roster.. It's from the heart, it's passionate and it's legit and the in ring action is fast paced, it's quick, it's really good, it's innovative.. On WWE main roster shows, it's basically, well, it's boring really....  outside of the guys who were in NXT really... the Rollins, Nevilles, Cesaros, Owens...  Hell, even Roman Reigns is all just clotheslines, punches and kicks, part of the reason he is failing to get over with the audience i believe is his terrible move set... He doesn't have a move that makes you guy OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT really... 

I'll give WWE credit tho for one thing... NEW DAY!! Talk about an entertaining team really... Those guys are money really and they show that if you actually embrace your gimmick, not sure how much of a gimmick it is as these guys tend to be playing an over the top version of themselves, then you will get OVER. 

NXT NXT NXT!!!!

Its not so much me disliking Hunter.  I think NXT is great and NXT is his baby.

There are certain differences.  For example, a much, much smaller writing team.  Ryan Ward writes NXT.  Dusty Rhodes was involved too before he died.  And ofcourse Hunter is involved creatively.  But Ryan Ward has received a lot of praise for his booking.

I dont know who does the production in NXT either.  Kevin Dunn is the executive producer of all WWE television but I believe someone else does NXT so it looks different.  I agree, it has a very cool look to it.  Darker.  And I like their set and entrance too.  Dunn is generally considered a very negative influence on WWE creative and is very, very tight with Vince.  Reportedly, Steph and Hunter cant stand him though, which would make sense that Hunter has other people in charge of NXT.

I sense a bit of a rivalry between Vince and Hunter.  The NXT show during WrestleMania weekend, Vince attended and was supposedly very unhappy with anti-RAW chants etc.  He's also a size-nut and NXT features smaller or less muscular guys.  Hunter was very sheepish when asked about Charlotte's RAW debut when she lost a short match (terrible way to debut).  He also said just last week that "Vince is Vince" and will take whomever he wants.  Reportedly he also told Kevin Owens when he signed that while Hunter thought he was a great worker, he would have a hard time getting over with Vince because of how he looked.

Hunter's problem has always been how he sees himself, not how he sees others.  He is really good at booking other people to get over.  Its when he's involved that he is generally pretty bad and ego-driven.  Even the show open of NXT Takeover on Saturday, i thought was silly.  Hunter doing the cold-open.  Im cool with him being the "man of the people" but then dont also be a heel on RAW.  It doesnt work.  One or the other.

As for Brock/Taker finish, the reason it was flat is because the time keeper never, ever, ever rings the bell because he sees a tap out or finish.  So it made zero sense to do that, especially with the ref in the midst of counting a pinfall.  Can you think of time the time keeper ever rang the bell to end a match rather then the match ending normally?  I can.  Montreal Screwjob, when Vince ordered the time keeper to do so.  But thats not the case here.

So in that sense, the finish comes across like they had to come up with a way to get out of a clean finish and didnt know how so chose a way that sort of works but also doesnt.  Tonight's follow up will be key in getting it over.

Also, word is there is something major planned for tonight's RAW.  It's also Vince's 70th birthday today which may or may not be related.

I will agree there with Hunter being face on NXT and heel on RAW is very very confusing, I don't get it.. I actually liked the cold open, it was cool and very ECW ish with Paul Heyman always doing the same type of thing there... But i do agree that it doesn't make sense that he's a face on NXT and heel on RAW... makes no sense.

I'd love to see them shoot an angle tonight, hell, vinces birthday, could have Vince come out to celebrate, Vince will get a reaction, then you could have HHH come out and say... Happy Birthday DAD then pedigree his ass in to retirement lol, or have a bunch of NXT guys come out and all hit their finisher on Vince (doubt that would happen, some might kill him lol) and start an invasion angle of sorts with NXT taking over RAW...  It won't happen and generally i think invasion angles are over done but... this one actually makes sense..  You could incorporate the real life stuff in to it, HHH wanting to take over, Vince refusing to let go really.