Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

not sure, but if they didnt give sheamus the money in the bank brief case, rusev didnt get hurt, and didnt put the IC belt on ryback,  they could have had an international vs american either survivor series or king of the ring for the, then, vacant belt.

tbh ive missed a bit last little while, not sure why wade barrett is coming out decked in crown and sceptor, if it was due to king of the ring i totally missed it

trying to think who could make up an international team,  sheamus, rusev, wade barrett, ceasaro and tyson kidd?

in playing to that theme in a king of the ring format but went 4 internationals vs 4 americans, you can criss cross have a bracket set up like;

Sheamus vs Orton                                                                 Rusev vs Ziggler

Barrett Vs Ryback (?)                                                             Ceasaro Vs Cena

then sheamus/ryback   n rusev/cena

then sheamus vs rusev with rusev turning face and becoming the russian hacksaw jim duggan lol   

Owens is a heel but gets cheered. But he's Def a heel. Miz and Big Show get the go away your boring and stale reactions. Sheamus plays a good heel tho. They need to turn Cena or reigns tho. I don't see Cena ever going heel. The wish kids thing. Reigns tho with Heyman would be good. Rollins is solid but so good in the ring even he gets cheered.

What! The Miz is great, you're mistaken. Great on the mic, great in the ring. Big Show is a joke either way.

Miz is only stale because of how he's booked.  The problem with WWE is they dont push guys based on "whats best for business", there's politics.  Loads of politics.  Miz is great and has tons of talent.  But if you book a guy like a jobber dont wonder why he's seen as a jobber.  Same with Ziggler.  Start & stop pushes and he's still over because he's talented.  When he won the elimination match for his team a few months back to boot the Authority, he was never hotter, but he wasnt the chosen one.

Look at Ambrose.  More over than Reigns.  More talented than Reigns.  Better talker than Reigns.  But Reigns is the chosen one.

Fans like talent.  Cheering for a heel is never a bad thing.  I've had heels work for me that it aggravated me when they were cheered because it impacts other guys and programs but my philosophy is any reaction is better than no reaction.  We tell the stories we want to tell and the fans decide what they decide.  WWE doesnt do that usually.

Rusev got over.  But so did Lana so they had to be split because Vince loved Lana.  And now she's not over nearly as much and he wont be either.  Its silly.   Its sort of a cruel joke they play on workers in relationships, split them up, put them with other performers in romantic relationships.  Both Lana and Ziggler are dating other performers so its almost a rib on them to have them play kissy face on TV (Im fine with it, because they are actors but if its done just to be dicks, then dont do it).  Back during the brand split, they would sometimes split up relationships by brand so the two people would never see each other, just to be dicks.

And they always have this weird thing about making people prove they "want" success.  For example, Bray Wyatt comes in, super over...give him a push...then pull him way back and see if he has an  attitude about it.  They do that almost always when debuting new guys and all it does it burn money.  Neville debuts.  Stupid gimmick so he needs all the help he can get but lose, lose, lose, lose, lose...win.  Well that win meant nothing by then.  Although Vince wanted Neville to play Mighty Mouse so it could always be worse.

I love the angry fan refrain "Reigns is the chosen one."  He clearly is not.  Notice how he does not have the championship and didn't even win Money in the Bank.  He got used by WWE to push Rollins over.  I don't know why some fans still don't get that.  The plan all along was to make it look like they're pushing Reigns and then pull the switch and have it all be about Rollins in reality.

The "new kayfabe" is messing with fans through these "locker room stories" that we always hear about.... Vince loves Reigns, Vince is holding back whoever, etc.  Fans think they know the real deal behind everything but they totally don't get that they're just playing into the "new kayfabe".  I find it so funny that the hardcore fans don't realize this.

Politics? Hmm, you mean you can't talk crap behind the scenes about other talent on radio shows and do other things when you are working for a publically traded damn near billion dollar empire? 

Ofcourse Politics plays a role, it plays a role in lots of sports,business's and really life in general. 

I love the angry fan refrain "Reigns is the chosen one."  He clearly is not.  Notice how he does not have the championship and didn't even win Money in the Bank.  He got used by WWE to push Rollins over.  I don't know why some fans still don't get that.  The plan all along was to make it look like they're pushing Reigns and then pull the switch and have it all be about Rollins in reality.

The "new kayfabe" is messing with fans through these "locker room stories" that we always hear about.... Vince loves Reigns, Vince is holding back whoever, etc.  Fans think they know the real deal behind everything but they totally don't get that they're just playing into the "new kayfabe".  I find it so funny that the hardcore fans don't realize this.

This is incorrect.  I am not an "angry fan".  And no, that is also not the "new kayfabe".  But nice try.

This is incorrect.  I am not an "angry fan".  And no, that is also not the "new kayfabe".  But nice try.

I know you're not an angry fan but I see the same thing everywhere.

And yes, it is the new kayfabe.  It is blatantly obvious that they listen to the fans talking about who is getting pushed, held back, etc. and they play off that.  It is incredibly obvious.  Hunter even talks about it in the Stone Cold podcast.  They are working the fans and the fans don't get it yet.

Politics? Hmm, you mean you can't talk crap behind the scenes about other talent on radio shows and do other things when you are working for a publically traded damn near billion dollar empire? 

Ofcourse Politics plays a role, it plays a role in lots of sports,business's and really life in general. 

This is not remotely what I was referring to.  Things like "wrestler's court", which is pretty stupid in concept and even more stupid in execution.  Zigglers big crime was giving an interview and saying something along the lines of "if I went into a dark alley with Randy Orton, I'd be the one walking out".  There is lots of goofiness that WWE does.   It happens at all levels.  On the indie scene, it's more about hiring crappy workers because they sell tickets or are friends with the promoter.  I've pushed guys I've absolutely loathed because I wanted to put on the best show I could.  Same with not pushing guys I liked a lot. 

I know you're not an angry fan but I see the same thing everywhere.

And yes, it is the new kayfabe.  It is blatantly obvious that they listen to the fans talking about who is getting pushed, held back, etc. and they play off that.  It is incredibly obvious.  Hunter even talks about it in the Stone Cold podcast.  They are working the fans and the fans don't get it yet.

You're vastly over-stating it.  In fact, you're exactly the type of fan Hunter was talking about because you believe him when he (and Vince and Steph) say they listen to the fans.

The plan was not to push Roman and swerve the fans with Rollins.  The decision wasnt even made until a few days before WM, in fact.  Same thing happened last year when the plan was Orton vs Batista.  or do you think they always planned to bring Batista back and have the fans turn on him?

Working the vocal fans is always a bad idea.  Generally Vince doesnt use TV live event fan reactions to make long term decisions.  MSG was the crowd he would use for that.  They have far more detailed data then boo'ing and cheering.  The only reason Roman's push has been pulled back is because they dont want him to be totally turned on.  WWE has very talented people working there and when they're working towards the right goal, they can do wonders.  Ambrose has been used to help negate the negative reaction to Roman.  It's psychology.  It's silly in a way...they should just push Ambrose (which they are to a degree).  But Roman is their "Cena Replacement Plan".  Dont ever think differently.

I mean, you think you know, but you really don't.  I know you are in the "Wrestling world", but the fact is you don't actually know what goes on behind the scenes in WWE.  I'm sure you've heard certain things, but you don't know the conversations between management, you really don't.  Everything you're saying has been written by the so-called "insiders" before, it's nothing new to me.  And sometimes those guys are proven to be woefully incorrect when they try to tell us what's happening or going to happen.

And I'm certainly not saying they listen to who the fans want to be "pushed."  They listen to who the fans THINK is being pushed, and they use that to their advantage.

I can't make you believe me. But if someone reads this and had to choose they'd be wiser to go with me. Not because I'm smarter. Just because its my business. It's what I do. No disrespect intended. I love talking wrestling with people. I respect your opinion certainly.

And yes when I talk about what wwe does and their decision making, a lot of it is what I read. Not from "insiders" but from the most inside journalist in the game. But a lot of it is what I see from watching. I can tell what they are doing by how they do it because I'm a Booker for so many years and there's a general way things a done for certain reactions.

I can't make you believe me. But if someone reads this and had to choose they'd be wiser to go with me. Not because I'm smarter. Just because its my business. It's what I do. No disrespect intended. I love talking wrestling with people. I respect your opinion certainly.

And yes when I talk about what wwe does and their decision making, a lot of it is what I read. Not from "insiders" but from the most inside journalist in the game. But a lot of it is what I see from watching. I can tell what they are doing by how they do it because I'm a Booker for so many years and there's a general way things a done for certain reactions.

Of course I respect your opinion as well, you obviously know what you are talking about.  I just don't think you give Vince, Hunter, and the rest of them enough credit for their ability to stay ahead of the curve and manipulate their fans.  They are not dummies, I can promise you that.  They know what the fans are saying, and they certainly know what the insiders like Cyrus are saying.

The fact is, they can't push everybody at once.  Fans complain that Wyatt, Ziggler, Neville, Daniel Bryan (pre-injury) and more are being held back.  But someone has to lose, and it can't be Kane and Big Show every time.  To push Rollins, you have to let him beat guys like Ziggler.  When Rollins starts losing, fans will inevitably say he pissed off Vince and is being held back.  But the truth is that every wrestler has to participate in the cycle, so that means some will always be up while others are down.  I think you touched on this when you mentioned Ambrose.  He is being pushed, for sure!  But yet, all he does is lose.  Isn't that kind of interesting?

i can kinda see what atomic is saying with the new kayfabe thing. once again I think this has more to do with HHH and his heavy involvement with everything wwe these days.   If you recall towards the end of his wrestling days (really) his thing and the hot thing at the time was making fan feel like intelligent fans. Bringing more of a "real" sounding behind the scenes story then the superficial stuff we'd been swallowing prior. Sure they'll still go a little too fake with things like Ambrose stealing a paddy wagon and coming back to the arena, but it was more the reference drops, behind the curtain tell tales that hardcore fans used to hear or know about,  but now its more out there for everyone, but more scripted then scandlous 

Of course I respect your opinion as well, you obviously know what you are talking about.  I just don't think you give Vince, Hunter, and the rest of them enough credit for their ability to stay ahead of the curve and manipulate their fans.  They are not dummies, I can promise you that.  They know what the fans are saying, and they certainly know what the insiders like Cyrus are saying.

The fact is, they can't push everybody at once.  Fans complain that Wyatt, Ziggler, Neville, Daniel Bryan (pre-injury) and more are being held back.  But someone has to lose, and it can't be Kane and Big Show every time.  To push Rollins, you have to let him beat guys like Ziggler.  When Rollins starts losing, fans will inevitably say he pissed off Vince and is being held back.  But the truth is that every wrestler has to participate in the cycle, so that means some will always be up while others are down.  I think you touched on this when you mentioned Ambrose.  He is being pushed, for sure!  But yet, all he does is lose.  Isn't that kind of interesting?

maybe its merch sales lol give the guy the belt or #1 contender long enough,  and they'll sell enough and be viewed highly enough that even without the belt or title shots they still sell and get over - think randy orton, whens the last time he was relevant? even vs rollins with the authority friction that was swept under the carpet like it never happened, yet he still gets one of the loudest pops everytime he comes out no matter how stupid that set up to the rko is 

I dont read Cyrus to be honest.  Does he still have a newspaper gig?  And I've only ever met him once in person.  He hates my former partner so we never did business together but he trained a few of the guys I am close to.

They can't push everyone at once, ofcourse.  It's just how they do it.  I think Hunter is very, very smart.  I dont think very highly of Stephanie.  I think she's a very, very good performer.  But I think she has been very sheltered in her wrestling development and her "executive" development.  The booker when WWE experienced it's best levels of popularity was a guy named Chris Kreski.  He was an assistant under Vince Russo and became head writer after Russo left for WCW.  Not many people know of him because "writers" wasnt as big a buzz word back then.  He was replaced by Stephanie and so launched one of the worst creative periods in WWE history and probably the greatest decline in TV ratings in their history.  I think Steph is good in her current role as Brand Officer because she looks good, she sounds good, she knows all the corporate buzz words.  But she's very much inside the "bubble".

Hunter is very interesting.  He had heat with guys years ago because he was considered a smart guy and got himself invited to the weekly production meetings where angles and pushes would be discussed and decided upon.  Austin spoke out about this quite strongly at the time and didnt want Hunter in the meetings.  I think Hunter is smart about wrestling when its angles he's not involved in.  NXT is very good.  And its much needed.  When Jim Ross was head of talent relations, they had relationships with multiple developmental territories and other promotions (like ECW) and found a lot of talent.  When Johnny Ace had that role, their "depth" plummeted.  Hunter understands the need for strong developmental and he understands that work is more important than look.  But he also routinely cut the balls off of guys he worked with and still does when they work with him.  He's the type of guy that would book Bryan to be a top guy against everyone else but look terrible if he worked him.

Vince is almost completely out of touch now.  And some could argue for a very long time.  His one great accomplishment was the Hogan era.  But he didnt discover Hogan.  Hogan was already a huge star.  Vince just decided to build his national expansion around Hogan at a time when Verne Gagne wasnt willing to do so.  Vince also didnt come up with the idea of syndicated TV or national expansion.  He just did it better than everyone else for the most part, he gambled a lot and he worked from a position of strength as his territory included New York.  Bill Watts was expanding.  Jim Crocket was expanding.  Vince just did it faster and better and picked the right guy in Hogan.  But by the time WWE was on the verge of bankruptcy, there wasnt much Vince was doing to right the ship.

He saddled Steve Austin with a lousy gimmick.  He saddled The Rock with a lousy gimmick.  He brought in the NWA in an effort to be "old school" (which must have driven him insane).  But as much ego as Vince has, out of him, Steph and Hunter, he's the easiest to change his mind, admit when he's wrong.  He changed Austin.  He changed Rock.  He chose HBK over Bret which, in retrospect was likely the wrong decision.  He would never remove Steph from power which was the wrong decision.  Letting Shane quit was seen by some as a terrible decision.  He fired Jim Ross several times so that tells you it was the wrong decision.  But he doesnt hold a grudge.

But anyway...here's the thing about winning and losing.  A guy like Neville debuts and loses repeatedly.  Now it doesnt matter.  Wade Barrett means nothing now.  They lose too much and/or for no reason.  When Steve Austin walked out on WWE a few years back it was after publicly criticising creative (which was headed by Steph) and in response he was booked to lose to Brock on RAW with no storyline or build up.  There's politics rearing its ugly head and setting up a loss/win that meant nothing.

Ambrose's push is good.  It only bothers me because I know it's not meant to mean anything.  He's just the most over guy that Rollins can beat until they get Roman ready or Brock comes back.

i can kinda see what atomic is saying with the new kayfabe thing. once again I think this has more to do with HHH and his heavy involvement with everything wwe these days.   If you recall towards the end of his wrestling days (really) his thing and the hot thing at the time was making fan feel like intelligent fans. Bringing more of a "real" sounding behind the scenes story then the superficial stuff we'd been swallowing prior. Sure they'll still go a little too fake with things like Ambrose stealing a paddy wagon and coming back to the arena, but it was more the reference drops, behind the curtain tell tales that hardcore fans used to hear or know about,  but now its more out there for everyone, but more scripted then scandlous 

I agree to a point.  But how the fans react is way less important to WWE than what they want to have happen.  And its usually Vince that changes direction if he feels forced to by the fans.  Examples being Daniel Bryan last year (who they tried every booking trick on earth to hurt his reactions) and Rollins winning the title instead of Roman this year.  Fan reaction isnt a key metric for them.  House Show attendance is.  PPV buy rates were.  TV ratings to a degree.

I have no idea if Cyrus still writes, lol, I just assumed he was still the main guy. Always interesting to read your perspectives on the wrestling world. Not sure I agree with all of it, especially the part about pushing HBK over Bret being the wrong move... HBK and DX was the best thing to ever happen to WWE in my opinion. Interesting stuff though. Not sure Vince had much say over "letting" Shane quit. If someone wants to quit there's not much you can do to stop them other than throwing cash at them, and even that doesn't always work... Especially when the guy is already rich.

maybe its merch sales lol give the guy the belt or #1 contender long enough,  and they'll sell enough and be viewed highly enough that even without the belt or title shots they still sell and get over - think randy orton, whens the last time he was relevant? even vs rollins with the authority friction that was swept under the carpet like it never happened, yet he still gets one of the loudest pops everytime he comes out no matter how stupid that set up to the rko is 

Merch sales is the number one reason Cena was never turned.  They nearly turned him during his run with the Rock to the degree he had new gear and entrance song prepared and a new catch phrase (fear my name, I think it was).  Vince always got cold feet because of the merch sales.  There is also a belief that the segment of the audience that heels on Cena would either stop or begin cheering him if he turned.  ie. the heeling is more fans rebelling then an actual legitimate opinion.

Randy Orton seems to be used now in a similar role to Cena.  He's kept hot enough to remain a "top guy" but it used to set up guys on their way up than to be the guy at the top anymore.  Orton came along at a time when they thought if a guy stays a top guy til he's 40, then if you push a guy when he's 20 you can milk him for 20 years.  Didnt really work that way.  Orton got overshadowed by Batista at a time when Orton was "the chosen one" but was booked all wrong.

I have no idea if Cyrus still writes, lol, I just assumed he was still the main guy. Always interesting to read your perspectives on the wrestling world. Not sure I agree with all of it, especially the part about pushing HBK over Bret being the wrong move... HBK and DX was the best thing to ever happen to WWE in my opinion. Interesting stuff though. Not sure Vince had much say over "letting" Shane quit. If someone wants to quit there's not much you can do to stop them other than throwing cash at them, and even that doesn't always work... Especially when the guy is already rich.

Cyrus was very opinionated.  Very smart (I believe he has a masters degree in political science or something like that).  But for wrestling journalism there is no one better or more connected than Dave Meltzer of the wrestling observer.  A monthly subscription is VERY worth it.

I say Vince chose wrong because HBK was gone within five months after Bret left.  I loved DX too.  The Hart Foundation was amazing in 97 and the feud with DX was the beginning of the turn around for WWE.  By the time Bret was leaving, WWE financials had recovered to where they could have kept him but they felt the "attitude" direction and more athletic working style of HBK was the right way to go.  But Michaels was hurt at RR 98 and retired after dropping the strap to Austin at WM 98.  Bret kept working for years.  Bret was also more respected then Shawn.

Opinions vary on Shane.  I know the wrestlers always considered him "one of the boys" (I've heard guys call him that to me) but the word was he was very tight with "top guys" and always pitching ideas for them but wasnt the type of guy to pitch ideas for lower card guys.  On the flip side, Steph supposedly took an interest in everyone.  Shane's department in WWE when he was a VP was said to be the best department in the company to work for.  He was ahead of the game when it came to monetizing the website.  In fact, he was pitching internet-exclusive promotions back in the late 90's but the technology wasnt there...in the same vein as NXT on the Network is today.  He wanted to buy UFC before the Fertitta's, wanted to buy Pride, wanted to run WCW.  He pushed Vince to go with a more adult style long before he finally did so.  He pushed for guys like Jericho, Show and Steiner to be brought in.  He would often sit in the crowd at shows to get a feel for crowd reactions (one story I heard is, he was sitting at a RAW show, in the audience, and a guy nearby was yelling, chanting, etc being obnoxious and annoying everyone around him.  Shane handed him a $100 bill and said Ill give you this if you shut up).  He was called the best boss in the company.

Supposedly he left because his dream was to run WWE and he saw the writing on the wall, that Steph was the favoured child in that respect (people say Steph is much more like Vince than Shane) and once she hooked up with Hunter, he knew he'd be on the outside looking in.  I assume he will one day return.

im amazed mark henry still works there after that may young story line. guy must have 0 things for working for him outside the ring,  hell barely even sees the ring too

Funny thing about that is, Mark Henry signed a ten year contract after the Olympics that WWE quickly regretted.  And storylines like the Mae Young thing were supposedly to try and make him quit.  Henry ended up really "getting it" later on though.  Im not a big fan but as a character, his work the last few years was really good.