Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

I feel badly for Bryan as he finally made it to the top of the WWE by becoming WWE Champion after years or hard work. Brett Hart suffered a career ending injury with a kick to the head by Goldberg. He was never able to wrestle again. It really messed Brett up for a long time. Then he fell off his bike hitting his head on the ground & had a stroke. Hart is definitely not the same man he was. I hope for Daniel Bryan's sake he is able to lead a normal life. He's a young guy who easily could stay with the WWE in some capacity behind the scenes or start a new career doing something else.

Iso - I had Bret booked for a big show here in Winnipeg at Shaw Park when he had the bike accident.  Caused us a lot of grief.

Bryan has said his career isnt over.  Either WWE lets him wrestle or he will wrestle elsewhere when his deal is up.

Bryan married a WWE Diva Brie Bella with expensive tastes not to mention her sister Nikki dates John Cena who makes a ton of money. I don't know if that marriage can survive a 75% loss of income if Bryan can't wrestle anymore.

Iso - I had Bret booked for a big show here in Winnipeg at Shaw Park when he had the bike accident.  Caused us a lot of grief.

Bryan has said his career isnt over.  Either WWE lets him wrestle or he will wrestle elsewhere when his deal is up.

Bryan married a WWE Diva Brie Bella with expensive tastes not to mention her sister Nikki dates John Cena who makes a ton of money. I don't know if that marriage can survive a 75% loss of income if Bryan can't wrestle anymore.

Brie is the down to earth one.  Not to mention she still works.  And Bryan made a ton of money in WWE.  If he leaves WWE, he's getting huge paydays in New Japan and ROH.  He could survive and prosper on Indy dates alone for the next ten years.

In WWE, the wrestlers have to pay their own road expenses (hotel, car, food).  On the Indy scene, the promoter bears those costs and the talent also gets 100% (usually) of his merch.  Some guys make more money the first couple of years out of WWE then they do in it.

Brie is the down to earth one.  Not to mention she still works.  And Bryan made a ton of money in WWE.  If he leaves WWE, he's getting huge paydays in New Japan and ROH.  He could survive and prosper on Indy dates alone for the next ten years.

In WWE, the wrestlers have to pay their own road expenses (hotel, car, food).  On the Indy scene, the promoter bears those costs and the talent also gets 100% (usually) of his merch.  Some guys make more money the first couple of years out of WWE then they do in it.

Good luck to Daniel then. I just hope the doctors who cleared him to wrestle have malpractice insurance. 

Good luck to Daniel then. I just hope the doctors who cleared him to wrestle have malpractice insurance. 

If I recall, the doctor who has cleared him is well respected.  The issue is the WWE doctor who has come under suspicion by CM Punk.  And that issue has impacted WWE in that they dont want to be looked at as clearing someone who shouldnt be.  Its all a bit over-zealous in my opinion.  Not that long ago, 60+ guys were working.  Now they are hyper-sensitive, ever since Lawler had a heart attack that had nothing to do with his fitness to compete.

Flair has said WWE cleared him for contact also.  Sting had no issue whatsoever.  Hogan wasnt cleared (supposedly).

WWE is public now so I get it to a degree.  Especially with broken down broke-ass jobbers suing them left and right.  But thats a by-product of the NFL players getting a pay day over concussions.  WWE will always be biased.  Like why a guy who was well known as being straight edge (Punk) was routinely drug tested and how Hunter managed to never be tested and was huge into his 40's.

If I recall, the doctor who has cleared him is well respected.  The issue is the WWE doctor who has come under suspicion by CM Punk.  And that issue has impacted WWE in that they dont want to be looked at as clearing someone who shouldnt be.  Its all a bit over-zealous in my opinion.  Not that long ago, 60+ guys were working.  Now they are hyper-sensitive, ever since Lawler had a heart attack that had nothing to do with his fitness to compete.

Flair has said WWE cleared him for contact also.  Sting had no issue whatsoever.  Hogan wasnt cleared (supposedly).

WWE is public now so I get it to a degree.  Especially with broken down broke-ass jobbers suing them left and right.  But thats a by-product of the NFL players getting a pay day over concussions.  WWE will always be biased.  Like why a guy who was well known as being straight edge (Punk) was routinely drug tested and how Hunter managed to never be tested and was huge into his 40's.

Hunter seemed to quit the business as a wrestler pretty quickly. he can't be more than in his early 40's. Looks to be in terrific shape. Did he quit because of his continuing & evolving role with the WWE Board as well as overseeing developing the tv shows in NXT & WWE or was it health related? Gawd, I don't want to see Flair in a wrestling ring again. He's out of shape with a big gut, shrunken muscles, is too old & looks terrible. I want to remember The Nature Boy as he was in his prime with the long perfectly coifffed blonde hair & not the way he is now.

Edit

Hunter seemed to quit the business as a wrestler pretty quickly. he can't be more than in his early 40's. Looks to be in terrific shape. Did he quit because of his continuing & evolving role with the WWE Board as well as overseeing developing the tv shows in NXT & WWE or was it health related? Gawd, I don't want to see Flair in a wrestling ring again. He's out of shape with a big gut, shrunken muscles, is too old & looks terrible. I want to remember The Nature Boy as he was in his prime with the long perfectly coifffed blonde hair & not the way he is now.

Hunter did just wrestle at WrestleMania and looked okay during that match.  However there are rumours that he has to wear adult diapers and it's not a good thing for a wrestler.

Hunter is 46.

He moved out of the in-ring role because of his office duties.  Vince took him under his wing and he needed to be in the office every day.  Basically he has been getting a crash course in running a business.  WWE has a big problem with succession planning right now because there isnt one, at least not publicly.  And for a large publicly traded company, thats a concern.  Some Wall Street analysts raised this issue not too long ago.

Hunter was seen as the heir apparent but with no formal education and virtually no hands-on business experience, the idea he could end up as CEO is very scary to some.  It could sink WWE stock.  If Vince dies suddenly, stock will plummet anyway..and how they handle it could make it worse.

What Hunter has going for him is he's now a McMahon and the kids seems to get a bit of a pass when taking over the family business.  Some have speculated (including myself), that should Vince die or become sick, Shane might return to calm the waters.  Shane is far more qualified than Hunter, at least on paper and would likely make share holders feel a bit better.  Steph is essentially out of any major day to day role aside from obviously being at TV and PPV and having a voice in decisions.

NXT is important for Hunter's image.  And its why Vince is willing to fund it at a loss.  It has a two-fold benefit in helping create new stars and helping give Hunter some "wins" for his resume.  There is a sense of desperation or strong desire for NXT to succeed.  Thats why they break a lot of their own rules when it comes to using older guys, guys from other promotions and guys with established identities. 

Hunter did just wrestle at WrestleMania and looked okay during that match.  However there are rumours that he has to wear adult diapers and it's not a good thing for a wrestler.

Hunter is a good worker, dont get me wrong.  He can be a very, very good worker.  He's a great story-teller.  Probably in a similar vein to Bret Hart.  But him beating Sting tells you all you need to know about Hunter as a booker of his own programs.  I actually think he's okay booking other people, just not himself.  How they've handled Seth is another negative too.

He is a good heel but at the same time they need to make him look a bit stronger. Doesn't always need help to win. He's pretty good on his own really. Not many top faces tho so... tough to give him credibility when there is nobody to defend the title against really.

Perfect heel champion if you want a champion the fans dont care about.  Its very psychological.  You cant have a champion that non one believes is credible.  It devalues your championship, devalues your top of the card and devalues everyone he works with.  Ric Flair was a great heel champion.  And he was presented as credible.  Even when the Horsemen screwed guys, it wasnt every match.  Flair would work the entire country having 60 minute draws with top guys or beating guys just below his programmed face.

And with the Horsemen, Flair's back up were all champions and credible guys.  Seth was given comedy guys.  Its either Hunter (who is actually very smart) or the bookers trying to recreate the past but not knowing how.  When Hunter was in Evolution, they'd gang attack, but Hunter was never presented as uncredible or comedy.  When Vince had the Stooges (what J&J are modeled after), they WERE comedy but they were also presented as past legends who were showing Vince how to handle himself in the ring.

I think they think Seth gets heat by rambling on for 20 minutes and being a coward but then has great matches.  Which is true.  But all that does is elicit a face response during those matches.  It doesnt stop the crowd from chanting boring when he talks or tuning out when he's announced in the main event.

Seth vs Sting is all about Hunter.  Its just awful.  But WWE has these weird "rules".  Lile signing Brock to a huge contract and turning him heel against the fans wishes and jobbing him to Cena in his first match.  Just to prove a point.  All it did was make Brock less of a draw.

My all-time favourites list:

1. Hogan

2. Rock

3. Savage

4. Bret Hart

5. Rick Martel

Martel was the AWA champ when I was a little kid and first got into wrestling. I didn't know other wrestling organizations even existed until Wrestlemania. Then I became a hardcore Hulkamaniac.

Martel was my guy as a kid too!

Perfect heel champion if you want a champion the fans dont care about.  Its very psychological.  You cant have a champion that non one believes is credible.  It devalues your championship, devalues your top of the card and devalues everyone he works with.  Ric Flair was a great heel champion.  And he was presented as credible.  Even when the Horsemen screwed guys, it wasnt every match.  Flair would work the entire country having 60 minute draws with top guys or beating guys just below his programmed face.

And with the Horsemen, Flair's back up were all champions and credible guys.  Seth was given comedy guys.  Its either Hunter (who is actually very smart) or the bookers trying to recreate the past but not knowing how.  When Hunter was in Evolution, they'd gang attack, but Hunter was never presented as uncredible or comedy.  When Vince had the Stooges (what J&J are modeled after), they WERE comedy but they were also presented as past legends who were showing Vince how to handle himself in the ring.

I think they think Seth gets heat by rambling on for 20 minutes and being a coward but then has great matches.  Which is true.  But all that does is elicit a face response during those matches.  It doesnt stop the crowd from chanting boring when he talks or tuning out when he's announced in the main event.

Seth vs Sting is all about Hunter.  Its just awful.  But WWE has these weird "rules".  Lile signing Brock to a huge contract and turning him heel against the fans wishes and jobbing him to Cena in his first match.  Just to prove a point.  All it did was make Brock less of a draw.

It's a different era now.  They can't book guys expecting them all to be Ric Flair.  They can't follow the same formula every time.  I think this angle with Rollins is just fine.  It's almost a parody of what the fans think of Hunter.  It's funny that the same things you complain about are what Hunter uses in his persona.  He's a good heel because look how worked up you get.  That's the idea!

It's a different era now.  They can't book guys expecting them all to be Ric Flair.  They can't follow the same formula every time.  I think this angle with Rollins is just fine.  It's almost a parody of what the fans think of Hunter.  It's funny that the same things you complain about are what Hunter uses in his persona.  He's a good heel because look how worked up you get.  That's the idea!

Not really.  Im not worked up at all.  What I complain about with Hunter are not things that are on-screen choices for his persona.  I look at things a bit different because Im somewhat inside the business.  But its my job with my promotion to use booking to try and get guys over.  Its harder with a small indy crowd too.  So I've tried to learn alot about booking in the past 14 years.  

Im not saying Seth should be Flair.  Hunter made himself Flair for awhile and it was great.  Hunter was Flair.  Evolution was the 4 Horsemen.  I have no doubt WWE *wants* Seth to be over.  They just cant see what they're doing because they are too inside.  And they have a team of Hollywood writers instead of wrestling bookers.  And its been well reported that the writers write what they think will make Vince happy, even if its not the best story.  Thats how you go down a dangerous path.

Things like Sting...when he first appeared before WM, HUGE reaction from the crowd.  But WWE thought he was a lousy promo and didnt want him on a live mic in the new era of "scripted promos".  The pyschology was all wrong.  They had Steph come out in high heels and berate Sting who barely said anything.  She essentially said "you suck, you've always sucked and my husband will beat you and prove it."  And then he did.  Which then makes Sting's motivation to come back at Seth make no sense at all.  But WWE rarely promotes week to week because they think the audience wont remember so they surely dont care what happened months ago.

Hunter is very smart.  And seems good at booking other people.  But he cant book himself.  And since he's in the Seth angle, its poorly booked.  Look at Roman Reigns.  They decided he was the next big thing so shoved him down our throats.  Fans rejected it.  It wasnt until the day of the show that Seth was told he was winning the title because WWE was still determined to put the belt on Roman.  Then Ambrose was more over but he wasnt the hand picked guy.  If Ambrose had got the Roman push, he'd be the top star.  Instead, they try to use Ambrose to get Roman over.

I know it sounds silly.  But that really is WWE.  Its really silly.  Youd think they would never leave money on the table but they do it a lot.  WCW Invasion?  Vince should have just walked to the ring and burned a pile of cash on live TV and saved us all the frustration.  

I read a thread on another forum recently discussing whether Vince was a creative genius.  He isnt.  Great promoter.  Ballsy businessman.  But not even close to being a top creative mind.