Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Out of all the tragedies with the Hart family... a bad stunt seems to be the one that should be forgiven the easiest. 

Davey Boy / Bret/ Anvil with their years of massive drug and family issues seem to be something much more difficult to deal with then one very unfortunate accident. 

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Out of all the tragedies with the Hart family... a bad stunt seems to be the one that should be forgiven the easiest. 

Davey Boy / Bret/ Anvil with their years of massive drug and family issues seem to be something much more difficult to deal with then one very unfortunate accident. 

Well Bret escaped pretty fine as far as the rock star life.  His issues were medical (Concussion/Stroke/Cancer).  But with a new young wife, loads of money and living for several years in Hawaii, he'd done alright.

Davey and Neidhart were self inflicted.  Owen's was an accident doing a stupid stunt.  Although if I recall, it happened because Owen accidentally pulled on the release cord.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Well Bret escaped pretty fine as far as the rock star life.  His issues were medical (Concussion/Stroke/Cancer).  But with a new young wife, loads of money and living for several years in Hawaii, he'd done alright.

Davey and Neidhart were self inflicted.  Owen's was an accident doing a stupid stunt.  Although if I recall, it happened because Owen accidentally pulled on the release cord.

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The industry though is what caused Bret to become a druggy , womanizer,  and a mess physically....    

Steroid abuse has proven to cause cancer. You can't say the Chris Benoit tragedy wasn't wrestling related with all the medications & head shots he took over the years. No doubt he also juiced up as well. While Chris Benoit killed his family when he snapped it's all related to the wrestling industry.

Edited by iso_55

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

The wrestling industry can be blamed for lots of things but you gotta be pretty naive to  blame it for a stroke and cancer. 

Ridiculous to even somewhat suggest that actually

Who said it caused his cancer?      I didn't even suggest that the stroke was caused by wrestling.  I'm talking about the guy losing his wife and becoming a sad and hateful individual who was on the verge of suicide.       For the record a tonne of wrestlers have over dosed on drugs and/or had crazy side effects which a stroke could be one from long term drug usage.    

It's ridiculous that you would suggest that the long term steroid and drug usage doesn't cause long term damage to an individual both mentally and physically.   Just look at how many wrestlers from the 80's and 90's died!

I think a huge part of this is they are overworked.  even if they are only in like a 5-10 minute match per show, being on the road constantly with not a lot of down time must cause some insane health issues. I've heard when bands go on big tours they need to unplug for a while after just a few months, thats just playing music, not the physically demanding bump n lumps they're taking nightly

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

Bret Hart wouldnt be someone I'd describe as bitter and washed up.

Although if I clearly hated an industry as much as Brandon does, Im not sure I'd keep engaging in discussion about it, especially when I didnt know much about the subject.

Chris Benoit is a tough case.  Its difficult to say for sure what prompted him to murder his wife and child.  Lots of guys have been worse off than Benoit and didnt murder anyone. 

Wrestling is an industry that certainly can lead to drug use.  For one, the rock star life style and everything that comes with it.  But just the work aspect is a tough life.  Pain killers was a huge issue for a long because guys needed to perform.  If you took time off, you risked losing your spot.  Anyone that has performed can attest to the natural high that comes with it and then you have to "come down" so you can sleep because you have to be up early to train and travel to the next town.  Tough life.

And keep in mind, not everyone is Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair.  Lots of guys didnt make millions of dollars.  Wrestlers pay their own road expenses, taxes, insurance etc. 

12 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I think a huge part of this is they are overworked.  even if they are only in like a 5-10 minute match per show, being on the road constantly with not a lot of down time must cause some insane health issues. I've heard when bands go on big tours they need to unplug for a while after just a few months, thats just playing music, not the physically demanding bump n lumps they're taking nightly

I agree.  I always thought there was a simple solution and I've seen this suggested elsewhere, but guys should cycle in and out.  They should give every single wrestler X amount of continuous time off, whether it's one month or two months or whatever.  It might avoid situations like WWE is experiencing right now where they have numerous guys out with injuries.

Just now, Brandon said:

Of course you wouldn't.    

I guess you'll have to define bitter and washed up.  Happy, wealthy, beautiful young wife, just moved back from Hawaii (I guess that could be a negative)...I dont know, I think that sounds pretty good.  He has cancer.  But seems pretty positive.  So you're dislike of wrestlers and wrestling might be clouding your mind as to what "washed up" and "bitter" means.  You sound very bitter to be honest.

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

And keep in mind, not everyone is Hulk Hogan or Ric Flair.  Lots of guys didnt make millions of dollars.  Wrestlers pay their own road expenses, taxes, insurance etc. 

You mean flat broke and old? 

Ric Flair stated that he blew his money because he was never educated properly on how to properly manage it.  Same problem that a tonne of black atheletes face(d) when they go from poverty to instant riches and fame. 

In the 80's it was the life style for the hard drugs , drinking,  roids and all of that stuff.   It sucked apparently a massive amount of wrestlers into that life style and most people can't sustain doing this financially and physically.   You get a bunch of meat heads and give them the access to self destruct and of course the end results are grave.   In the 80's these guys were mostly bouncers ,  failed football players and body builders....  these are not the kind of guys who you would expect to make smart rational decisions.

Chris Benoit it was to be believed that the constant head trauma is what most likely caused him to lose all control.  Studies/science has shown that constant head trauma can cause suicidal behaviour. 

Just now, Brandon said:

You mean flat broke and old? 

Ric Flair stated that he blew his money because he was never educated properly on how to properly manage it.  Same problem that a tonne of black atheletes face(d) when they go from poverty to instant riches and fame. 

In the 80's it was the life style for the hard drugs , drinking,  roids and all of that stuff.   It sucked apparently a massive amount of wrestlers into that life style and most people can't sustain doing this financially and physically.   You get a bunch of meat heads and give them the access to self destruct and of course the end results are grave.   In the 80's these guys were mostly bouncers ,  failed football players and body builders....  these are not the kind of guys who you would expect to make smart rational decisions.

Chris Benoit it was to be believed that the constant head trauma is what most likely caused him to lose all control.  Studies/science has shown that constant head trauma can cause suicidal behaviour. 

Its hilarious that you use both the excuse that wrestlers cant be believed because they are liars and scammers and then try to defend your statements by quoting wrestlers.  Flair has repeatedly said he lived the life and doesnt regret it at all.  Which is true?  Who cares, its not our life.  He seems to be enjoying himself.  You sound a bit jealous.

There is a lot more to Benoit than that but hey, you must be right as usual.

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Its hilarious that you use both the excuse that wrestlers cant be believed because they are liars and scammers and then try to defend your statements by quoting wrestlers.  Flair has repeatedly said he lived the life and doesnt regret it at all.  Which is true?  Who cares, its not our life.  He seems to be enjoying himself.  You sound a bit jealous.

There is a lot more to Benoit than that but hey, you must be right as usual.

Flair also used to whip his cock out in front of kids at shows and apparently used his sons death as an angle just to get more tv time.  Hardly things to be jealous of.

I'm simply referencing a podcast that he has  (where he pushes ink toner cartridges for money since he's desperate for money)  where he and Ricky Morton from the rock n roll express which I believe was in Fall 2015 where he spoke about not spending his money wisely and being broke. 

Benoit...  I'm sure you know everything since you were best buds with him.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Flair also used to whip his cock out in front of kids at shows and apparently used his sons death as an angle just to get more tv time.  Hardly things to be jealous of.

I'm simply referencing a podcast that he has  (where he pushes ink toner cartridges for money since he's desperate for money)  where he and Ricky Morton from the rock n roll express which I believe was in Fall 2015 where he spoke about not spending his money wisely and being broke. 

Benoit...  I'm sure you know everything since you were best buds with him.  

When did Flair routinely whip his cock out in front of kids?  When did Flair use his son's death as an angle?  Please provide proof.  Im not saying those things didnt happen but if you're going to make statements of fact which arent actually true, please at least reference where you're ignorance comes from.

Yes, Flair has a podcast.  So does Steve Austin.  So does Chris Jericho.  Two other washed up bitter wrestlers, right?  Lots of people have podcasts.  Do you?

No I wasnt friends with Benoit, were you?

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Hogan_knows_best.jpg

Posting a pic isnt a response to questions about statements you made.  If you now feel you were wrong, just admit it.  You might feel better.  Otherwise, please explain who Hogan is extorting and where you get the impression Hogan has worked with Gawker or Bubba and is working the COURTS for a payday. 

40 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

When did Flair routinely whip his cock out in front of kids?  When did Flair use his son's death as an angle?  Please provide proof.  Im not saying those things didnt happen but if you're going to make statements of fact which arent actually true, please at least reference where you're ignorance comes from.

Yes, Flair has a podcast.  So does Steve Austin.  So does Chris Jericho.  Two other washed up bitter wrestlers, right?  Lots of people have podcasts.  Do you?

No I wasnt friends with Benoit, were you?

Back in the day when he was "on top",   loads of stories of the guy being a drunk idiot and wearing his flashy robe in public with nothing underneath.  Use google if you want references since you seem to be very interested in the nature boys junk.

Austin and Jericho were not guys I would associate with being prime wrestlers in the 1980's so your point doesn't make sense.    Also Austin has had a somewhat post wrestling career and doesn't appear to be desperate.   

You seem to know so much about Benoit I assumed you were his friend.    The head trauma was what was talked about in the media ... you seem to know more since somehow. 

42 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Posting a pic isnt a response to questions about statements you made.  If you now feel you were wrong, just admit it.  You might feel better.  Otherwise, please explain who Hogan is extorting and where you get the impression Hogan has worked with Gawker or Bubba and is working the COURTS for a payday. 

nraht.jpg

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Back in the day when he was "on top",   loads of stories of the guy being a drunk idiot and wearing his flashy robe in public with nothing underneath.  Use google if you want references since you seem to be very interested in the nature boys junk.

Austin and Jericho were not guys I would associate with being prime wrestlers in the 1980's so your point doesn't make sense.    Also Austin has had a somewhat post wrestling career and doesn't appear to be desperate.   

You seem to know so much about Benoit I assumed you were his friend.    The head trauma was what was talked about in the media ... you seem to know more since somehow. 

So again you rattle off untrue statements about a subject you clearly know nothing about to try and make it seem like you actually know something.  Okay, got it. 

You associated Flair being on "some podcast" in such a way it appeared you were intimating he needed the gig because he was washed up.  I merely pointed out lots of people have podcasts (as well as endorsements as well as make appearances) because they enjoy it and not because they are forced to do so.

Yes, I do seemingly know more about the Benoit situation than you because I have studied the wrestling business for a long time and that was obviously a major thing that occurred.  But please, dont let me stop you from rattling off half truths and untruths as fact about something you know nothing about.  Its rather amusing.

• Rich locked this topic