Sure, why not. Whatever. WWE Network and Wrestlemania

Goalie

Vince is very very stubborn. That's the problem. If he decides you don't have it or one of the veterans decides you don't have it then you're screwed. Look at Ziggler. If you say the wrong thing or dare to eat chicken in the locker room or any variety of stupid reasons you will never get a shot.

Kane and Big Show perfect example. Ambrose was way more over than Reigns but reigns was the chosen one so they were pushing him come hell or high water.

Steve Austin said it best recently. NXT is what wrestling should be and RAW is wrestling for dummies. What he meant by that was the raw creative team and vince over think things too much.

NXT. I'd say it's more ROH. ECW was all about sex and violence. Take that away and it's just another indy fed. NXT is about wrestling really. Not much talk not much bs just really it's pro wrestling like ROH plus most that roster is from ROH anyways lol

Wwe has loads of talent but lack in the creative department. Wyatt Rollins ambrose Owens zayn Joe Bryan ziggler balor breeze Neville lucha dragons even. Tons of talent. Hopefully soon we see hhh take over and alol those guys will get to show what they can do. NXT is hhh's baby and it's Damn solid.

walking meat bags like ryback n titus oneil smacks of vince mcmahons homo erotic desire to put looks before ability in the ring still to this day,  but i also believe alot of the current roster is more a combined input from guys like HHH, n other former wrestlers turned executive or corporate staff.  With fan reaction to what used to be sure fire hulkamania-esque cult consumption for the likes of John Cena, that was a tough pill to swallow and Vince  and he needed people with better eyes for non SuperHero/Monster wrestlers and that was a reason for the influx of smaller guys contending or holding the title; seth rollins, cm punk sized guys,  great althetes with more then just muscles ontop of muscles.

thats being said, politics have always been the dirty bird running n ruining peoples rise and fall.  nothing new.

fwiw i often find myself thinking of mr perfect when i watch dolph ziggler... maybe its the hair lol

walking meat bags like ryback n titus oneil smacks of vince mcmahons homo erotic desire to put looks before ability in the ring still to this day,  but i also believe alot of the current roster is more a combined input from guys like HHH, n other former wrestlers turned executive or corporate staff.  With fan reaction to what used to be sure fire hulkamania-esque cult consumption for the likes of John Cena, that was a tough pill to swallow and Vince  and he needed people with better eyes for non SuperHero/Monster wrestlers and that was a reason for the influx of smaller guys contending or holding the title; seth rollins, cm punk sized guys,  great althetes with more then just muscles ontop of muscles.

thats being said, politics have always been the dirty bird running n ruining peoples rise and fall.  nothing new.

fwiw i often find myself thinking of mr perfect when i watch dolph ziggler... maybe its the hair lol

Ryback isnt bad, I find myself liking him.  The thing is, you dont want 20 guys that are all the same.  So you can have the muscleheads, just not 20 of them.  Titus is actually pretty good, tons of charisma and a good guy by all accounts (won a father of the year award).  Prime Time Players are good and deserve to be pushed.  As a corporation, WWE would be wise to push them for obvious reasons.

Vince's muscle fetish was sort of blown apart in the late 90's when he went with Bret and Michaels.  There is a lot of stupid stuff backstage that will get a guy de-pushed faster than being "small".  For example, Dolph gave an interview where he said if he and Orton went into a dark alley to fight, he'd be the one coming out.  Instant burial.  On the other hand, Vince is also the guy that publically humiliated Randy for losing his size when he was injured.  They are more sensitive to that now though.  Punk was a Paul Heyman guy and Paul gave him his break when he booked Smackdown.

There is a bigger issue between Punk and Hunter than Punk and Vince.  Hunter is an interesting case study.  He's the guy that has pushed for non-traditional signings like Rollins, Owens, Joe, guys that Hunter would never have worked with when he was working.  He used to sit in on production meetings and bury guys.  Even now, when he "performs" he has the habit of burying guys.  But as an executive, he sees the writing on the wall.  He also once said how can someone who never drew money teach guys to draw money (when he and Michaels got the OVW developmental deal pulled) and yet he hired Prince Albert and Sarah Del Rey to be the coaches in NXT.  Go figure.

Its a very unique time in wrestling right now, what with TNA being cancelled, ROH getting national TV, NXT being almost a bizarro-world WWE and Cena finally being phased down.

ROH has seen their penetration increase quite a bit lately with the Destination America deal and a deal in Mass.  I think DA is in 56% of homes or something like that, not nearly as good as say, Spike, but TNA blew that deal for everyone.

The difference between TNA and ROH is their business model.  Rob Feinstein used to tape ECW shows and sell the VHS.  Long story short, tape trading was a big deal then and he founded ROH more or less to have his own footage to sell.  Ofcourse RF got caught up in one of those internet predator stings and left the company.  But as DVD sales dropped, ROH was sort of the anti-TNA.  Whereas TNA thought they could replace WCW and compete with WWE, ROH wanted long term success and steady growth.  ROH isnt dependent on a TV deal to make ends meet.  In fact, they probably are the worst TV property because they are owned by Sinclair Broadcasting so they dont get rights fees there and their deal with DA seems to be a barter deal (tape is provided for free) so ROH gets "growth" in expanding their TV presence.

ROH makes money from IPPV and live events.  TNA dropped PPV because it was a money loser.  They stopped running house shows because they couldnt draw and their TV tapings are free.  TNA is 100% about TV rights fees.  The fact they are cancelled, if they cant change DA's mind between now and September, they are pretty much dead in the water.  The one thing TNA did right was using Hulk Hogan to get several overseas TV deals which are pretty good.  They also used Eric Bischoffs expertise in television production.  But that's another story because Bisch and his partner Jason Hervey were hired to produce TNA's Impact show and TNA stopped paying them.  BHEntertainment is now suing TNA for over $100,000.

The big blow up recently was ROH announcing their DA deal.  TNA had no idea and went into panic mode.  This was one week after Dave Meltzer broke the story that DA was cancelling TNA.  TNA went on the offensive, attacking Meltzer to the point he got death threats...and the story was actually true.  ROH releases a graphic advertising their debut on DA and it contains their logo, brand name, the word "wrestling", the usual where and when and slick pics of the athletes.  TNA copies their graphic but nowhere does it say "TNA", use the logo or the word wrestling.  And instead of a wrestler, it has a bad picture of Dixie Carter.  Shows the difference between the two.

And ofcourse, WWE has several former ROH guys (and was letting Samoa Joe continue to work for ROH) but anyone going to TNA actually reduces their chances of going to WWE because WWE hates TNA.

• 2 weeks later...

Very good match last night.  I would have had Owens go over since he's the NXT champion, the new guy and I think then you have Cena do the "questioning himself" gimmick and demanding a rematch, Owens blows him off, Cena offers to finally put the US title on the line (which also makes the point of them being non-title matches mean something).  Owens accepts.  Cena wins the 3rd match.  Leads to a fourth match which Owens wins.  And suddenly its the best program of 2015.

But as it was done, it was still good.

No iron man matches. Next needs to be Cena being angry and putting the us title up. Owens wins. Cena goes away. Comes back and turns heel.

They also turned him three years ago. The problem is the crowd that boos him might cheer him as a heel. And that's because they missed the boat on the turn. But they could do it still, just not as effectively as a few years ago. Angry, frustrated heel Cena could work.

There aren't too many true heels these days. The Authority, Seth Rollins, and Sheamus really seem like the only guys with enough bad charisma to really piss off the crowd. Maybe The Miz too. Big Show gets booed but I'm pretty sure the crowd legitimately just hates him.

Seems like the crowd is split down the middle for everyone else.

Owens is a heel but gets cheered. But he's Def a heel. Miz and Big Show get the go away your boring and stale reactions. Sheamus plays a good heel tho. They need to turn Cena or reigns tho. I don't see Cena ever going heel. The wish kids thing. Reigns tho with Heyman would be good. Rollins is solid but so good in the ring even he gets cheered.