Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Ill take a NT like Nate Collins rather than a maniac like Mitchell. I wouldn't call Mitchell a cancer... because I don't think he'd be popular/manipulative enough to split the locker room.... But I think Mitchell would make the locker room a very unenjoyable place to be.

BC Lions: 

Released from roster: DB Jordan Rwiyamilira (N), DB Josh Brinkworth (N), DB Jeremiah Johnson (I), DB MyronLewis (I), LB Cody Acker (I), DL Tim Jackson (I), DL Andre Monroe (I), FB Brandon Deschamps (N), RB Rickey Galvin (I), RB Damien Thigpen (I), WR Tim Vizzi (I), WR Whitman Tomusiak (N).  

Offered practice roster agreements: DB Darious Lane (I), LB Casey Chin (N), DL Craig Roh (I), DL Maxx Forde(N), DL Jamarkus McFarland (I), WR Terence Jeffers-Harris (I), K/P Anthony Fera (I), RB Keola Antolin (I), OLJosh Aladonoye (I), OL Campbell Allison (N).

Placed on one-game injured: DB Steven Clarke (I), OL Cody Husband (N), OL Matt Norman (N).

Placed on disabled list: QB John Beck (I).

Returned to juniors: OL Anthony Daley (N), WR Derek Yachison (N)

Gary Lawless reporting that Mike Edem, Pat Watkins and Pat Neufeld could all be cut or traded if they don't impress during final preseason game. He says 7 teams are up tight against the cap.

Gary's left his NHL brain on.

Doubt it.  Looks like Neufeld was put on the 6 game IR. 

Gary Lawless reporting that Mike Edem, Pat Watkins and Pat Neufeld could all be cut or traded if they don't impress during final preseason game. He says 7 teams are up tight against the cap.

Cap is nearly meaningless in this round of cuts and at this time of year.  It's not tabulated until after the season, unlike the NHL where teams need to have a roster than fits under the cap prorated each game, and it's not a hard cap either way.

Cap is nearly meaningless in this round of cuts and at this time of year.  It's not tabulated until after the season, unlike the NHL where teams need to have a roster than fits under the cap prorated each game, and it's not a hard cap either way.

It's not even a cap

CFL News @CFL_News

#Argos have added DL @VegaJason to the Practice Roster. #CFL DETAILS: http://ow.ly/OD3Jd  via @TorontoArgos

Wow, fair to say that Vega's 2014 performance did not impress anyone in the league.  Big news last year P.R. this year.

Could be low risk/high reward for the Argos.  Vega never looked right last season with us and if he's healthly/got his !@#$ together he could find his form again.  Good luck to him, except against us  :D.

The latest:

starting defensive end Eric Norwood has been placed on the six-game injured list after an apparent household accident that required stitches. He’s not at practice. - Drew Edwards

*****Hamilton is not thrilled with this:

Odds to win the 2015 CFL Grey Cup

Calgary Stampeders 13/4

Saskatchewan Roughriders 5/1

Edmonton Eskimos 11/2

B.C. Lions 6/1

Hamilton Tiger-Cats 13/2

Montreal Alouettes 8/1

Toronto Argonauts 8/1

Winnipeg Blue Bombers 17/2

Ottawa RedBlacks 20/1

***** Ed Hervey, Edmonton, says “we feel like we’ve got a player in James (QB Franklin) With Matt Nichols likely to test the market at the end of the season we need to plan for the future at that position.”

***** There is already renewed unrest in #RNation over QB Henry Burris and coach Rick Campbell’s ability to lead the team to the next level. While patience was the name of the game in ’14, Ottawa fans are expecting wins this year. Preseason games have to be taken with a bit of a grain of salt, but they should also provide a glimpse of what the team will be once the games start to count. And while there were some positives, they were too few to leave even the most optimistic fan believing the Redblacks are ready to challenge for a playoff spot.

***** GM Marcel Desjardins indicated that he would be keeping an eye on other teams’ cut lists for potential kicking help. Brett Maher suffered a season ending injury.

***** BC Lions will keep all QBs - Jonathan Jennings, Greg McGhee, John Beck. Still concerned with the health of Lulay.

***** BC also has big concerns on their O-Line...

***** Toronto head coach Scott Milanovich explained why the Argos went with a vanilla package in exhibition. He doesn’t want to tip his hand. By putting out a team in disguise, it helps disrupt planning by the opposition when the real season kicks off.