Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

Durant is sure raising the Rider fans expectations for this season:

" 'The key to us is just strictly health. If we can stay healthy, then we'll be in Winnipeg for sure come November.'

The 103rd Grey Cup will be held in the Manitoba capital Nov. 29."

" 'I think I can get 6,000 yards passing this year, that’s what I think,' he said to the approval of those in attendance at the Estevan Bruins Sportsman Dinner."

I guess it hasn't dawned on him that he's not going to have Picard and Heenan in front of him this year.

Meh, just a player saying exactly what the fans want to hear.

Durant is sure raising the Rider fans expectations for this season:

" 'The key to us is just strictly health. If we can stay healthy, then we'll be in Winnipeg for sure come November.'

The 103rd Grey Cup will be held in the Manitoba capital Nov. 29."

" 'I think I can get 6,000 yards passing this year, that’s what I think,' he said to the approval of those in attendance at the Estevan Bruins Sportsman Dinner."

I guess it hasn't dawned on him that he's not going to have Picard and Heenan in front of him this year.

If Darian Durant is anywhere near 6,000 yards, you know for sure the rule changes are officially a joke.

Didn't he put up 5000+ yards once already? Is it such a stretch to think he could do it again?

the oline he had then versus what he has now? Ditto receivers? rbs? ill be stunned if he gets anywhere close to 6k

Didn't he put up 5000+ yards once already? Is it such a stretch to think he could do it again?

He's had over 5,000 yards once but he said 6,000 yards. There hasn't been a QB in the CFL over 6,000 yards since 2004 (AC did it).

I was responding to the gentleman who said if Darian puts up anywhere close to 6000 then the new rules are a joke. In my opinion, 5542 yards (Durant 2010 numbers) qualifies as within the realm of "anywhere close to 6000." Durant putting up those numbers again could simply indicate a career year rather than a broken rule set.

He's had over 5,000 yards once but he said 6,000 yards. There hasn't been a QB in the CFL over 6,000 yards since 2004 (AC did it).

I was responding to the gentleman who said if Darian puts up anywhere close to 6000 then the new rules are a joke. In my opinion, 5542 yards (Durant 2010 numbers) qualifies as within the realm of "anywhere close to 6000." Durant putting up those numbers again could simply indicate a career year rather than a broken rule set.

I'll just say that your idea of "anywhere close" is different than mine. 

lol ok so if he puts up 5600 the new rules aren't a joke but if he puts up 5900 the new rules are a joke. Got it.

lol ok so if he puts up 5600 the new rules aren't a joke but if he puts up 5900 the new rules are a joke. Got it.

Durant put up 5,500+ yards in 2010. If he put up 5,000+ yards consistently then getting 6,000 yards wouldn't be a stretch but he hasn't. He's gone over 5,000 yards once and 4,000 yards twice. 

ive been lurking so long my minds trying to recalibrate, so bare with me. Doesnt YAC inflate passing #s significantly? DDs got a bit of injury issues last few years, while unlike last year, hasnt taken him out for long stretches, has seen him come off and on the bench many times. I think hes proven he CAN do it, definitely merits a reason to think he could again if these factors worked in his favor.

however, being a scrambler with usually a decent rb does lead me to believe its unlikely he will just by that threat limiting his passing vs a pocket passer, and boosting his rushing stats

So Jacquie then you agree that if he puts up 6000 then the rule changes are a joke? Because that is what I am arguing against. I'm not going to try to decipher whatever point you're trying to make because my point is that he has put up 5500 before so 6000 is not impossible and it certainly doesn't automatically mean the rules are a joke.

when he put up those #s in 2010 tho he had fantuz at 1380 yrds, dressler 1189, getzlaf 946, bagg 688, p.rod 376, cates, 355, clermont 300, koch 299, ... he wont do it again cuz he doesnt have as many targets, or as many producing as they used to

so exactly what i said last page lol. not the same line,receivers, rbs or coordinator.

Riders Release Five From Roster

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today the release of the following five players:

· International defensive lineman Chancey Aghayere

· International offensive lineman Pierce Burton

· International linebacker Justin Cole

· International quarterback Seth Doege

· International defensive back Ryan Steed

The Saskatchewan Roughriders announced today the release of the following five players:

but he was the saviour! 

but he was the saviour! 

I'm waiting till they release Sunseri.  After all, he was the guy who made Drew Willy expendable.

Time for little Doege to git along.

Pre-debut hype around Sunseri was fun.

After Willy's payoff was almost immediate, then coach killer Durants injury, they had to scramble and spin in the absence of any real evidence Sunseri was actually any good.

So much so one the site's operators had to resort to "he's smart - gives a great interview !"