Around the CFL Offseason Discussion

Mike

The way I understand it, a 2015 deal was already signed by Elimimian sitting in a drawer somewhere. So even though his deal expired today, he already had another one lined up to be filed with the league for another one year term. Instead of filing that, BC will file a new multi-year deal.

If that's the case, it makes sense why he was left off the list.

It's just a real odd thing to sign two one year deals rather than a multi year deal. I wonder what the logic behind that was... Something to do with trying the NFL if he wanted I suppose. 

@CFL_News: Was also confirmed for me that the WR contract numbers around #CFL that @HerbZurkowsky1 reported on over a week ago are in fact correct.

Huh? Can you elaborate?

Herb reported Getzlaff gets $225k per season. Apparently that's accurate, after much debate.

Ah ok. Yea I remember that discussion now.. Personally,still feel that is one hell of a bust for that price..

Alex Hall signs with Roughriders

****!  Didn't realize he was even available.  Wonder why the Bombers didn't pursue?

We gave him a "no thank you" late in the season this year. His asking price was insane. It's funny now that I read reports that we were after him in the Regina media. If so, we could have had him already,

The Bombers did pursue Alex Hall. They also are apparently interested in Justin Hickman, who may be asking for a bit too much. Riders and Calgary were both also interested in Hickman, but they went with Hall/Boudreaux instead.

Boudreax is still a free agent I believe. He isn't signed as far as I've heard.

****!  Didn't realize he was even available.  Wonder why the Bombers didn't pursue?

We gave him a "no thank you" late in the season this year. His asking price was insane. It's funny now that I read reports that we were after him in the Regina media. If so, we could have had him already,

Not just Regina media:

#Roughriders sign defensive end Alex Hall. The #Bombers were hoping to snag him. #CFL

The Bombers did pursue Alex Hall. They also are apparently interested in Justin Hickman, who may be asking for a bit too much. Riders and Calgary were both also interested in Hickman, but they went with Hall/Boudreaux instead.

Boudreax is still a free agent I believe. He isn't signed as far as I've heard.

He'll be announced in Calgary shortly.

Not just Regina media:

#Roughriders sign defensive end Alex Hall. The #Bombers were hoping to snag him. #CFL

I stand corrected. Odd, because last year during one of the games shortly after Hall's NFL release, Irving commented that the Bombers had been in touch with Hall about possibly coming back and were floored by his asking price. He wanted a salary equivalent to John Chick. (We have since learned that is 200k per year), so the Bombers backed away.

Wonder what changed? Did Alex reduce his asking price significantly or did we just have more money to spend this year? Could be neither I suppose and the Riders gave him his ridiculous ask. I would love to hear what the Riders are paying him.