Creehan has to go... replace him with who?

Brandon

No way Creehan is back next year with how pathetic this defense is looking this year.....

Maybe he gets canned this season and Burke takes control over the defense for the rest of the season but I doubt it....

Who do you think we should bring in next year for the full rebuild to run our defense?

I still say Mark Nelson would be a solid candidate...  he was one of the few bright spots back in the Kelly dark years and his style of defense from what I remember was much less passive then the crap we have now with Creehan and the crap we had back with Marshall.  With Nelson he made Odell Willis look like a superstar and same with the rest of the d-line... I think he could get a lot more out of the talent we have.   

Anyone have any other suggestions of coaches who might be available?

Other than our secondary getting a lot of interceptions, was our defense that good under Nelson. And I don't think Nelson was the one who made Willis look good.

Until a new GM is hired and a decision is made on the head coach I can't even begin to speculate on who the DC should be next season.

Crowton has to go. Bottom line first coach who  has to walk the plank. Burke needs to go with him as well, The qb carousel is  his doing & the fact he takes no responsibility for it is aggravating.

What does that have to do with our defense and/or getting rid of Creehan and replacing him with a new DC????  

Other than our secondary getting a lot of interceptions, was our defense that good under Nelson. And I don't think Nelson was the one who made Willis look good.

Until a new GM is hired and a decision is made on the head coach I can't even begin to speculate on who the DC should be next season.

From my very foggy memory as I don't want to remember that ugly season.

I seem to remember our defense keeping us in close on many games but being on the field for far to long and the points piling up a lot in the 4th quarter when they were tired.  Mostly because of the offense being absolutely putrid and lots of 2 and outs... a trend that has not gone away since then. 

Looking at the old stats... wow our offense really was putrid with Kelly.    We had a 47% completion for our passing game!   Last in the league for time of possession and a whole bunch of stats for the offence.   The defense lead the league in int's and were near the top on lots of the good stats such as  average yard per pass/run against them.    The accumulative stats though they were at the bottom for most.   Not really their fault considering they were on the field for more then 200 plays then the 2nd last team in the league!!!   

I'm thinking Dickenson and Howell are the only coaches who should stay past the 2013 season.

As for who replaces who, it all depends on the head coach. Nelson might be a great pick, but his style may clash with whoever is the new head honcho. We need people in key positions who not only have experience with the Canadian game (and a history of at least some success), but who work well together.

While I agree with some of the sentiment on this site that a lot of our problems come down to coaching, I think on the defense (especially in the secondary) talent is big issue. So whoever gets brought in, we need to improve the talent of our secondary and probably linebacking. I'm very satisfied with our D-line and hope we can keep those guys around.

I'm thinking Dickenson and Howell are the only coaches who should stay past the 2013 season.

As for who replaces who, it all depends on the head coach. Nelson might be a great pick, but his style may clash with whoever is the new head honcho. We need people in key positions who not only have experience with the Canadian game (and a history of at least some success), but who work well together.

While I agree with some of the sentiment on this site that a lot of our problems come down to coaching, I think on the defense (especially in the secondary) talent is big issue. So whoever gets brought in, we need to improve the talent of our secondary and probably linebacking. I'm very satisfied with our D-line and hope we can keep those guys around.

I have to say, I wonder why people around here like Howell so much.

He sure hasn't helped Matthews this year. Or Denmark. Or Poblah.

I'd get rid of Howell too.

Fire them all and replace them with the following group......at least it would be some what entertaining!

mcdonalds_characters.jpg

At least the food at the stadium would then be served in a more timely manner.  They still haven't figured out concessions in all of the booths yet.

What does that have to do with our defense and/or getting rid of Creehan and replacing him with a new DC????  

General observation. The need to get rid of Crowton outweighs the need to get rid of Creehan. He needed to go before Casey. And glad that happened today.

I have to say, I wonder why people around here like Howell so much.

He sure hasn't helped Matthews this year. Or Denmark. Or Poblah.

I'd get rid of Howell too.

I think folks like him because he's a great community guy?   

I'd take a whole new staff. I'd like an OL coach who really helps guys develop someboy like Kris Sweet (not saying hire him just that type). An OC with experience. A dedicated QB coach. Umm yeah basically a competent staff.

That is for the off season.  All the qualified coaches have jobs. Hiring them is done after the regular season & GC. Having said that, a qb coach? What a novel idea.

I'd take a whole new staff. I'd like an OL coach who really helps guys develop someboy like Kris Sweet (not saying hire him just that type). An OC with experience. A dedicated QB coach. Umm yeah basically a competent staff.

That is for the off season.  All the qualified coaches have jobs. Hiring them is done after the regular season & GC. Having said that, a qb coach? What a novel idea.

At this point they are just doing damage control. Trying to shore up a year and make the playoffs so they won't see an exodus of season ticket holders this off season.. Unless they someone how play super lights out for the rest of the year (won't happen) in the off season they will have to take the "acting" tag off Miller. He'll hire a GM who will hire a new head coach who will hire all new assistants and the purge will be complete.