Michael Sam Possibly Playing for Als Next Season

TrueBlue

A part of me dies every time I see a young, smart, black or native dude whine about affirmative action. Are you that much of a fricken loser that you need EVERYTHING equal before you step to the plate?

Doesn't that make just as much sense as what you said?

Yes, because for the last 200-400 years it's been the blacks and natives in positions of social, economic, and political power. *

*And yes, that was dripping in sarcasm. 

Louis CK is an unfunny, pretentious douchebag.........there, I said it. Now all you hipsters can get up in arms.

You may not like his humor .. but that dude is one self depricating son of a *****. Pretentious? Not in the least.

You may be right...its more so his fans.

Louis CK is an unfunny, pretentious douchebag.........there, I said it. Now all you hipsters can get up in arms.

You may not like his humor .. but that dude is one self depricating son of a *****. Pretentious? Not in the least.

You may be right...its more so his fans.

I'd raise an eyebrow, but then my monocle would fall out.

A part of me dies every time I see a young, smart, black or native dude whine about affirmative action. Are you that much of a fricken loser that you need EVERYTHING equal before you step to the plate?

Yes, because for the last 200-400 years it's been the blacks and natives in positions of social, economic, and political power. *

OK, but it's not 200 years ago now. How equal is equal enough before you will start calling minorities "fricken losers" like you just did towards white people?

Also, why are we talking about this here?

To get this back on Michael Sam....

I'm just very glad that he's not on our neg list.  We have enough of our own problems to solve on our crap team.

We don't need this gigantic distraction.   Especially with morons like Lawless, Westwood, Penton etc...around to ask even dumber questions like...

Hey Michael, who would like to tackle the most out there...???...who do you think has the nicest bum on your team....

Again...so glad it's not with the Bombers

OK, but it's not 200 years ago now. How equal is equal enough before you will start calling minorities "fricken losers" like you just did towards white people?

Come on man. I didn't call white people fricken losers -- I called young, smart white men who sit around complaining about affirmative action fricken losers. 

And please -- go tell a black person in Ferguson, MO that "its no longer 200 years ago."

You're not making any sense, max power.  Why would a minority complain about affirmative action?  That makes no sense whatsoever.

I've known many Aboriginal people that disliked many instances of affirmative action in their favour.  And really disliked the actions and words of many other Aboriginals.

Its a balancing act because what the government did set Aboriginals back terribly.  I understand the point of making up for that.  The problem is, the "guilt" and the racial stuff that crops up when anyone tries to really change it.  The reserve system is a joke and needs to go away.  Not tomorrow.  But there needs to be a generational plan.  Because the effort of the government to help and empower some people has created a series of little dictatorships and terrible living conditions that are never going to get fixed.

Ive known several people that consider themselves "escaped" from the reserve.  In fact, a couple of people I knew when we were in our early 20's and they werent ashamed of their ethnicity but they werent exactly proud of it.  They wanted to make it without their ethnicity mattering.  When they were older they became far more active in their old communities and very much embraced their ethnicity in an effort be a positive role model.  But that generall started with get the ef off the reserve.

Come on man. I didn't call white people fricken losers -- I called young, smart white men who sit around complaining about affirmative action fricken losers. 

And please -- go tell a black person in Ferguson, MO that "its no longer 200 years ago."

In what sense?  That a thug who breaks the law and attacks a police officer is allowed to get away with it because he's black, the cop is white and there is a racial devide in the city?

In what sense?  That a thug who breaks the law and attacks a police officer is allowed to get away with it because he's black, the cop is white and there is a racial devide in the city?

No, in the sense that "racism doesn't exist anymore cause it's not 200 years ago" something a lot of white people say -- without ever even stopping to ask a real-life black person if they feel the same way. 

No, in the sense that "racism doesn't exist anymore cause it's not 200 years ago" something a lot of white people say -- without ever even stopping to ask a real-life black person if they feel the same way. 

Yes thats true,  Racism exists.  I dont know any sane or intelligent person that would say it doesnt exist.  There are many examples of racism today against every enthic group including whites.  I think you then get the push back from the white people forgetting that yes we are the power group essentially.  But the issues in Ferguson arent because a white cop defended himself against a black thug.  The issues are far deeper and greater than that and nothing will change because its all wrapped up in the nonsense of this one cop sought out to murder a black kid.  Thats not even the issue.

There's a lot more to the Ferguson story. The officer involved, along with 8 others, was hired from another police force in a city some 70 miles away which was disbanded due to persistant racially-biased attacks on black citizens which resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in civil suit settlements and the state government stepping in. The intial arrest of the Michael Brown was part of a "stop and frisk" illegal campaign wherein blacks and brown citizens are stopped on the street (arrested) for no reason and searched. The officer did not have any probable cause to stop Brown who was walking home with friends. Yes, Brown may have shoplifted a couple of cigars prior to the incident, but Officer Wilson knew nothing of that.

Ferguson is 87% black but has a total of two blacks on the police force, and the two black officers have stated publicly that they experienced at-work harassment and discrimination.

In his statements to the Grand jury and his interview on TV (for which he was paid over $100,000) 6'3" 220lb Wilson referred to Brown as an "it" and said he (Wilson) felt like a child being attacked by Brown. Right. Wilson also said he had his gun out before he called Brown over to the car.

Does any of that sound like a benign attitude?

There's a lot more to the Ferguson story. The officer involved, along with 8 others, was hired from another police force in a city some 70 miles away which was disbanded due to persistant racially-biased attacks on black citizens which resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in civil suit settlements and the state government stepping in. The intial arrest of the Michael Brown was part of a "stop and frisk" illegal campaign wherein blacks and brown citizens are stopped on the street (arrested) for no reason and searched. The officer did not have any probable cause to stop Brown who was walking home with friends. Yes, Brown may have shoplifted a couple of cigars prior to the incident, but Officer Wilson knew nothing of that.

Ferguson is 87% black but has a total of two blacks on the police force, and the two black officers have stated publicly that they experienced at-work harassment and discrimination.

In his statements to the Grand jury and his interview on TV (for which he was paid over $100,000) 6'3" 220lb Wilson referred to Brown as an "it" and said he (Wilson) felt like a child being attacked by Brown. Right. Wilson also said he had his gun out before he called Brown over to the car.

This is all very wrong.

There is a Ferguson thread for this discussion.

Im cant tell you what is in Wilson's heart.  Is he a racist?  How do I know.  How do you know.  I suppose he is a six year cop without a single issue on his record, driving around all that time waiting for his chance to murder a black kid and start a race war.  I suppose that is possible.  On the other hand, its more likely that he was responding to a call, knew the description of the individual wanted who physically assaulted the store clerk (rather than just shoplifted a couple of cigars) and was assaulted.

Wilson did have probable cause.  Firstly his contact with Brown came about because Brown and his friend were walking down the middle of the road and swore at the cop when he advised them not to walk in the middle of the road.  is that a good reason for police interaction?  Maybe not.  But it's still legitimate.  Wilson had the description and saw the cigar box in Brown's hand.  Probable cause.

We can debate this forever but the available evidence does not point to a race-based murder by a cop.

Ugh. So disgusting. 

That said, even though I brought up Ferguson, to start going into the nuances of that case will really get us off track...

EDIT:

And the other thing to remember too -- people in Ferguson aren't rioting because Brown was murdered and a white cop got off. 

They are rioting/rioted because it is YET ANOTHER time something like this happened in that area. 

These incidents don't happen in a vacuum. It's a Doug Berry-esque powder keg that's been built for a long time. 

Well nobody point out to the rioters that the vast majority of murders of black people there are committed by fellow black people. Then they'll REALLY start burning each other's buildings down.

I guess I could go tell them myself, like BriceDream suggested, but I don't want to get beaten to death by a bunch of teens with hammers.