Demski too good to pass up?

bb1

Maybe it was just him playing against CIS competition... but I thought Byron Archambault has the speed... to go along with the obvious size (6'0 240) and play-making ability... to play MLB in the CFL..

anyone who knows more than me (most people) have any thoughts on this kid? Has he been drafted yet or is he eligible this year? O believe they mentioned in the broadcast a few times that CFL scouts are "drooling" over him...

I really like him too.

I can see him as an O'shea type kind of MLB. Has the size and the speed to be a force on the middle. 

If he will be available on the middle rounds I will not be opposed to pick him up.

Early rankings. I see campbells stock rising... Could be wrong. If I was walters, I'd take one 'thin' position at 2nd - campbell or demski etc - pick a position with only one or two prospects in the draft and then draft two OL with the next two picks

So Tevaughn Campbell is your horse in this year's race, eh?

Campbell is an intriguing prospect but there's absolutely no reason to take him second overall.

It'd be a more Kris Robertsony pick than Kris Robertson.

In no particular order but here's some names. 

First Tier:

Brett Boyko (OT, UNLV)

Second Tier:

Nic Demski (WR, Manitoba)

Tyler Varga (RB, Yale)

Jacob Ruby (OT, Richmond)

Danny Groulx (OT, Laval)

Daryl Waud (DT, Western)

Alex Mateas (C, UCONN)

Sukh Chung (OT, Calgary)

Campbell Allison (OG, Eastern Michigan)

Lemar Durant (WR, Simon Fraser)

Third Tier:

Daniel Ferraro (K, Guelph)

Chris Ackie (DB, Laurier)

Addison Richards (WR, Regina)

Kristian Lawrence (DT, Simon Fraser)

Dillon Campbell (RB, Laurier)

Jake Harty (WR, Calgary)

Dillon Guy (OG, Buffalo)

David Beard (OT, Alberta)

Sean McEwan (C, Calgary)

Karl Lavoie (OT, Laval)

Bryon Archambault (LB, Montreal)

Jacob LeBlanc (DT, Mount Allison)

Rory Connop (DT, Western)

Nic Shorthill (LB, McMaster)

Ron Omara (LB, St. FX)

Matt Isherwood (DB, Simon Fraser)

Tevaughn Campbell (DB, Regina)

Matt Norzil (WR, Laval)

Aaron Gazendam (WR, Queen's)

Mark Ingram (S, Saskatchewan)

Nic Romanchuk (OT, Queen's)

Conner Ralph (LB, Alberta)

Correcting an oversight from earlier. Shaq Murray-Lawrence (RB, UNLV) should be part of this 3rd tier too. First round talent, second round size. 

I think if there ever was going to be a starting Canadian quarterback it's going to be Brandon Bridge.

Brandon had a great October. His downfall is being a 150-150 QB meaning 150 yards passing and 150 yards rushing. It doesn't fit into the NFL scheme of things. The 50% passing percentage doesn't help either. (currently exactly 50% 121 of 242 passing)

Still NFLDraftScout has him as the #6 QB out of 141 Senior QBs. That's not taking into account the number of juniors that will flood into the draft but should get him some notice. Hope he's at Senior Bowl this year. 

If/when we get to the point where we have 7 good NI starters, then we can afford to take the best player.  Until then put me on the best O lineman, not best player side.

Folks around here want the Bombers to pick Demski, who they consider the best player.  They don't seem to understand that good teams a built from the lines out.  We've had a bunch of GM's who followed the best player, in their minds, strategy and it's only worked once with Muamba.  Meanwhile, we've had a poor O line for years.

Your post makes no sense.  How do you get 7 good NI starters if you don't take the best player available (with consideration to availability around the NFL factored in)?

Having a bunch of OL who might be ready to play in 2-3 years won't help us.  Gotta draft and develop those mid-round guys into being players.  How many 1st round picks on Calgary's OL or Saskatchewan's?  We desperately need players who can play now regardless of position.

Draft 1 OL with the first overall and pencil him in as a 2nd year starter.  Draft 1 OL later in the draft and HOPE he will eventually turn into something down the line.  Use the mid-rounds to bolster the rest of the NI roster.  Gotta use your top picks to upgrade where you need to and for the Bombers, that's O lineman.

Ho hum.

no love for Yantz Rids?

Unless they're willing to play another position, Canadian QBs just don't get drafted.

First two weeks of camp I had Yantz ahead of Brohm on the passes I watched.  Man, Brohm looked useless at the start of camp.  But more to the point, Yantz did not look at all out of place next to the other 4 QBs.  If you didn't know their numbers you would not have been able to tell which was the CIS player.

I like Jordan Yants.

sad to say, his best shot to be in the CFL roster is as a receiver or a fullback.

He is 6.01 and on the neighborhood of 220, so he has the size.

He can then be an emergency QB and can be used in trick plays and wildcats.

I also like Reggert from the Bisons, he's kinda Korlert-ish to me. Nothing fancy but gets whatever throwns to him and get some yardage.

Is Yantz draft eligible?  Seems to me his eligibility would have passed, but maybe with the new rules.

I was wondering that too, and according to K Penton, his draft year is this upcoming draft.

University of Manitoba Bisons quarterback Jordan Yantz will take part in Bombers rookie and main camp as part of the annual initiative to give Canadian pivots more experience at the pro level. Yantz is draft eligible next year

http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2014/05/27/rookie-camps-and-then-uncertainly-for-cfl-teams-due-to-labour-battle