Demski too good to pass up?

bb1

I know we're all salivating at who we could potentially get at number 2 but I wouldn't be heartbroken if we traded further back into the first round if it could get us an extra third rounder. I think the first 25-30 spots of this years draft will yield good prospects. I'd like to have as many picks as possible in the top 30.

Demski slowly venturing into overrated territory around here.

Agreed. I do think he has a shot at being number one despite that though for the following reasons. I think that he is a bit of a project player with HUGE upside. He would fit in Ottawa perfectly as they continue to build. Ottawa can be patient with him, while providing him plenty of opportunities to play while he is being developed. Not sure they pass up on his potential upside. He just seems too good a fit for them. They have plumbers and journeymen already in Ottawa, they need an infusion of raw talent.

I very much agree that the combine will paint a clearer picture though and that a lot of the talk about him is pure speculation sprinkled with some homerism right now.

Agreed. I do think he has a shot at being number one despite that though for the following reasons. I think that he is a bit of a project player with HUGE upside. He would fit in Ottawa perfectly as the y continue to build. Ottawa can be patient with him, while providing him plenty of opportunities to play while he is being developed. Not sure they pass up on his potential upside. He just seems too good a fit for them. They have plumbers and journeymen already in Ottawa, they need an infusion of raw talent.

I very much agree that the combine will paint a clearer picture though and that a lot of the talk about him is pure speculation sprinkled with some homerism right now.

Whoever gets him will be getting a good one if they are able to polish him up a bit. Very dynamic indeed.

I love Demski but if the BB ended up with Groulx and Addison Richards with their 1st 2 picks, I wouldn't be upset.

No doubt. Like I said earlier, there is a lot of talent that can help us on the draft board this year. I am still hoping we trade back for another top 25 pick. It wouldn't be a sexy move but it would be smart.

If we want to fix the OL for next season, it won't be through the draft. That's the reality. That's why I say you take the best player available, regardless of position. If we get a Canadian starter at a different position, that could allow us to start an additional American OL and if we recruit properly that could go further towards giving us a better overall OL than any first-year Canadian OL would.

How many NI receivers lead the league in any stat?

On the flip side almost all the most outstanding O-Linemen are Canadian.

Getting the best player available your way isn't comparing apples to apples. A good NI O-Lineman is almost always going to be a bigger contribution than 99.9% of NI receivers.

Let's face it without the NI rule there would be very few NI receiver's.

Just my 2 cents, I love the CFL and the content rule :)

If we want to fix the OL for next season, it won't be through the draft. That's the reality. That's why I say you take the best player available, regardless of position. If we get a Canadian starter at a different position, that could allow us to start an additional American OL and if we recruit properly that could go further towards giving us a better overall OL than any first-year Canadian OL would.

How many NI receivers lead the league in any stat?

On the flip side almost all the most outstanding O-Linemen are Canadian.

Getting the best player available your way isn't comparing apples to apples. A good NI O-Lineman is almost always going to be a bigger contribution than 99.9% of NI receivers.

Let's face it without the NI rule there would be very few NI receiver's.

Just my 2 cents, I love the CFL and the content rule :)

I bet there'd be more Canadian receivers than linemen if there was no ratio.

Most teams are already pretty equal (2-3 starting NI receivers and 2-3 starting NI OL, same amount on the roster as a whole) and moving consistently towards more Americans on both lines.

Quick quiz:

What area of the Blue Bombers currently holds this team back, the most? -  in terms of talent, the effect on our ratio, and the overall state of Canadian team depth.

There is a definite answer......and perhaps a guide for us in this upcoming projected deep draft.....

I've heard about a Draft Guide written every year for those looking for more details on 150 to 200 players up for the annual talent allotment.....

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Rids

Quick quiz:

What area of the Blue Bombers currently holds this team back, the most? -  in terms of talent, the effect on our ratio, and the overall state of Canadian team depth.

There is a definite answer......and perhaps a guide for us in this upcoming projected deep draft.....

I've heard about a Draft Guide written every year for those looking for more details on 150 to 200 players up for the annual talent allotment.....

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Rids

nice!