Demski too good to pass up?

bb1

Take the best player available. If it's Demski, take him. If it's an Oline, take him. 

This having to take this guy or this position crap is part of the reason we are what we are right now

Its not like we have a bunch of all star canadians anywhere on the roster. 

Obviously, you haven't been following the Bombers drafts.  We used 1 high draft pick on Pencer (Stupid pick) and 1 on Goosen (TBD) in the last 6 years.  

and a bunch taken in the later rounds like every team does, what's your damn point? 

The damn point is we haven't been drafting by position.  We've been drafting the best available players.  

I'd take Demski for sure, But I'm not convinced he's still there when we pick, I think it's likely he goes 1st overall to Ottawa. 

Gotta agree with this- Ottawa's bigger problem was not the O-line, but receivers, and NI receivers at that, so it would make sense for Ottawa to take Demski. But Desjardins has defied logic before.

Take the best player available. If it's Demski, take him. If it's an Oline, take him. 

This having to take this guy or this position crap is part of the reason we are what we are right now

Its not like we have a bunch of all star canadians anywhere on the roster. 

Obviously, you haven't been following the Bombers drafts.  We used 1 high draft pick on Pencer (Stupid pick) and 1 on Goosen (TBD) in the last 6 years.  

and a bunch taken in the later rounds like every team does, what's your damn point? 

The damn point is we haven't been drafting by position.  We've been drafting the best available players.  

Pencer, Etienne...yep, we've been drafting the best available players for a long time around these parts....

Im in agreement of build the lines first and foremost.. Unless there is an absolute stud at a "non-traditional" roles... I simply don't know enough about Demski but i do think we can grab him and a very good prospect at 11 and later..

Isn't that a little young to be drafted?

Wah Wah Wah waaaaaaah....

Bah-dum *Ching!*

I don't mind the idea of us ignoring a chronic positional need in the draft IF Walters goes ball to the wall in FA for OL. Don't care what avenue we use to improve our OL. It must be done though. Demski would be a very nice pick but I think once it all shakes out he will end up going number one.

Pencer, Etienne...yep, we've been drafting the best available players for a long time around these parts....

Sadly, those are the guys Mack thought were the best available players.

If/when we get to the point where we have 7 good NI starters, then we can afford to take the best player.  Until then put me on the best O lineman, not best player side.

Folks around here want the Bombers to pick Demski, who they consider the best player.  They don't seem to understand that good teams a built from the lines out.  We've had a bunch of GM's who followed the best player, in their minds, strategy and it's only worked once with Muamba.  Meanwhile, we've had a poor O line for years.

Your post makes no sense.  How do you get 7 good NI starters if you don't take the best player available (with consideration to availability around the NFL factored in)?

Having a bunch of OL who might be ready to play in 2-3 years (right when they become free agents) won't help us.  Gotta draft and develop those mid-round guys into being players.  How many 1st round picks on Calgary's OL or Saskatchewan's?  We desperately need players who can play now regardless of position.  That is how the good teams approach the draft.

It makes complete sense.  Apparently the idea revolves around having 7 NIs start on the Oline...

If we want to fix the OL for next season, it won't be through the draft. That's the reality. That's why I say you take the best player available, regardless of position. If we get a Canadian starter at a different position, that could allow us to start an additional American OL and if we recruit properly that could go further towards giving us a better overall OL than any first-year Canadian OL would.

So you're being critical of Walters based on one draft then? Because if that's the case your argument is pretty weak, as usual, nevermind that it's incorrect since we drafted an o-lineman with our first pick in this past draft. What's your angle for your argument exactly?

Last draft was pretty good. Got three guys out of 5 that made the roster. Derek Jones could push for a starters spot next year. Briggs should be a decent SP teamer. With Everett coming into to camp after a great season at Mount Allison. Along with LH as a rookie free agent was a good year.

So you're being critical of Walters based on one draft then? Because if that's the case your argument is pretty weak, as usual, nevermind that it's incorrect since we drafted an o-lineman with our first pick in this past draft. What's your angle for your argument exactly?

Critical of Walters?  WTF?  How the heck did you get that from what I've typed?

Walters didn't go with the best available player or even the best available O lineman.  He went with the best available center who was ranked 9th because that's our greatest need.  I completely agree with Walters decision.  Walters also said he'd draft an O lineman high and another one late in the draft.  I agree with that too.

The idea is to fix the O line first, because everything on offense starts at the O line.

Seems like last year the same thing was said about the quarterback.

We need to draft Olinemen and we need better play from our Oline, but it's myopic to continue to insist in mid-November that 23 weeks from now we have to use the #2 overall pick on an Olineman, regardless of all information or decisions that happen between now and then, or this organization has failed.  Stop dealing in absolutes.