Drew Willy

SmokinBlue

Grigsby did a lot of things well early in the season too......

No he really didn't... he had that good first game because Toronto was not able to get in his way, but he was running even worse early in the season than he was later in the year. Guy was a puss from the get go. 

Wouldn't be harsh I can lead you to the water but I can't make you drink it...

LOL! Not after you pissed in it. ;)

I sincerely believe smokin is either a very poorly informed know it all or a complete troll... Either way, i have concluded that any post is essentially garbage and based off insanity or ridiculousness..

SPuDs, Drew Willy is our starting qb & will be for awhile. If  he's good to go he plays simple as that. The Marve Mania around here shown by some is commendable but at the end of the day I still believe that Willy gives us the best chance to win. He's had 20 CFL starts. & Marve has had zero. Now, play the kid against Calgary. I have no problem with that but MOS isn't benching Willy & that is the right decision. 

SPuDs, Drew Willy is our starting qb & will be for awhile. If  he's good to go he plays simple as that. The Marve Mania around here shown by some is commendable but at the end of the day I still believe that Willy gives us the best chance to win. He's had 20 CFL starts. & Marve has had zero. Now, play the kid against Calgary. I have no problem with that but MOS isn't benching Willy & that is the right decision. 

Drew Willy hasn't been half-decent in approximately two months. What makes you think he'll suddenly turn it around this week?

Imagine....if Marve had done more than 5 -10 for 64 yds, in a half.....

Some folks have completely lost perspective, here...

Good job neglecting to mention his 32 rushing yards... But regardless, you can't draw any conclusions from 10 pass attempts, especially when three of those came in the last minute, while in a 10 point deficit. The offence managed to score two touchdowns and should have added a field goal during the 23 minutes that Marve was at the helm.

Plus, he actually managed to throw the ball away once or twice, which Willy is seemingly unable to do. And please don't try to say that his offensive line was any better than Willy's this past week-end, because it wasn't.

It's also worth mentioning that he's looked good all year, ever since he first partook in Bombers mini-camp.

Ah yes, the RM of Marveritaville.

Population - several hundred now.

Job possibilities - promising

Infrastructure - major arteries intact, some damage at kee intersections.

Levels of service - adequate, running at a high level, but some opportunities passed over.

Major occupation - dreaming of being right up there with the big boys.

Future outlook - growth a strong possibility with proper planning and discipline. Expect quite a few looks in the years to come. Some strong backing among dwellers.

Imagine....if Marve had done more than 5 -10 for 64 yds, in a half.....

Some folks have completely lost perspective, here...

Good job neglecting to mention his 64 rushing yards... But regardless, you can't draw any conclusions from 10 pass attempts, especially when three of those came in the last minute, while in a 10 point deficit. The offence managed to score two touchdowns and should have added a field goal during the 23 minutes that Marve was at the helm.

Plus, he actually managed to throw the ball away once or twice, which Willy is seemingly unable to do. And please don't try to say that his offensive line was any better than Willy's this past week-end, because it wasn't.

It's also worth mentioning that he's looked good all year, ever since he first partook in Bombers mini-camp.

Not trying to neglect anything.....I have no bloody agenda here

Willy is still a first year starter....not like he couldn't use the reps.  Marve has potential, and will get a much harder look (and a battle with Brohm) next year.

That said, if Drew struggles again, would run Marve in there, promptly...

My only concern... ONLY... with Willy, is whether or not he's perma fried from what happened this year. If he comes out next year as he did this season, and lights it up outta the gate, all is well.

He'll be fine.... He, like many of us just want this season over with. Chalk it up to experience and a poor Oline, and build from there! If he lets this season bother him, he'll flop. I don't see it going that way though!

He'll have some new hogs up front next season and will continue to develop.

Drew Willy hasn't been half-decent in approximately two months. What makes you think he'll suddenly turn it around this week?

He's our starter. Simple as that. Go talk to MOS & convince him to start Marve instead. Good luck btw. 

No argument from me ISO. I'd only wanna see marve last week 4th quarter if it was feasible and this week if we are getting blown out or blowing them out... Maaaaaaaybe 4th quarter just because if O'Shea feels it will aid his ability to review his season going into next year... While we would like to win, this is essentially training camp 2015

3500 yards behind our garbage pass blocking is nothing to sneeze at.....

Passing yards is the most overrated stat that there is.

Right, because all you need to do is go through your progressions, make the correct read, deliver a good ball, all the while having upwards of four or more people trying to take your head off every single play, and in the process hoping your receiver does his job properly by running the correct route and catching the ball while someone else is trying to take his head off as well or deflect the ball to prevent the completion....Unbelievable.

Right, because all you need to do is go through your progressions, make the correct read, deliver a good ball, all the while having upwards of four or more people trying to take your head off every single play, and in the process hoping your receiver does his job properly by running the correct route and catching the ball while someone else is trying to take his head off as well or deflect the ball to prevent the completion....Unbelievable.

I think he has a point. The first thing that people usually look at to judge a quarterback is passing yards, when there are other factors that play a greater part in winning and losing... Such as the TD-INT ratio. Passing yards also depend on the frequency at which a team runs the ball. It's almost pointless to talk about passing yards without context.

Passing yards has absolutely nothing to do with efficiency. Kirk Cousins in the NFL is the perfect example of that. I'm a little surprised that someone who should be as knowledgeable as you would partake in a game of silly bugger like this, but then again if it could be seen as as a criticism towards the golden boy Drew Willy maybe I shouldn't be surprised. 

I think he has a point. The first thing that people usually look at to judge a quarterback is passing yards, when there are other factors that play a greater part in winning and losing... Such as the TD-INT ratio. Passing yards also depend on the frequency at which a team runs the ball. It's almost pointless to talk about passing yards without context.

You better use TD-ints with context too though. Some teams might just run the ball in the redzone, and there's a lot of ints that aren't the qbs fault as well. Every stat in the game needs context associated with it. Passing yards though have some pretty standard benchmarks. anything over 5000 yards in a season is a great season, over 4000 is a very good season and 3500 is a solid season. Under 3000 and you expect a lot more out of the qb, and so on. I think these are pretty widely accepted benchmarks.